South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Wednesday, December 14

My Doggage thought an early wake-up call was in order so I'm up and making lists. Coffee sure is appreciated on these dark mornings although the Bling Tree and two cuddly furries are warming me up. Jazz is on my lap and Disney is warming my feet. Note to Self: Figure out how to program the fancy-dancy power saver thermostat so I can wake up to a warm house!

Just checked the weather out there and we are in a pea soup fog this morning. The weather has been really crazy for December with above freezing daytime temperatures. Tomorrow is to be 46F so our sparse snow will be gone! I really, really want a white Christmas.

When the fog clears, I must dash into Brockville for one more gift and my Bulk Barn shop. If the fog doesn't clear, I'll have lots to do around here until we go to Pet Therapy for the afternoon. When I get the Bulk Barn shop done and the goodies made, I can finalize wrapping and stash away the mess. (I'm still feeling on top of things and am waiting for reality to strike. So far, so good though.)

May you have a day when you feel on top of things - even if you can't remember what the "things" are!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie. I'm not going to complain one little bit about our December weather, although a white Christmas would be nice.

I'm feeling pretty much on top of things, although it's quite a juggling act between my house and Cindy's. Tomorrow is Richard's office party at their house, so I've been busy polishing furniture and silver and trying to keep the dogs from tracking mud all over the place. Thank goodness the party is being catered so we don't have to deal with all that, too!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

I'm heading to work, then finally going to a chiropractor. Hoping he can help me with my torn hamstring, which is still sore. My daddy has cataract surgery this morning, prayers are appreciated for his surgery and recovery. What more can that poor man go through?

Have a great day!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, On our programmable thermostat, there is a button called 'hold'. I can't figure out how to program it, but I can figure out how to keep it cool or warm.

Cottage, The dogs either need to stay outside, or they need socks.

Twynn, My father had that surgery in both eyes last year. For him, it was a piece of cake. I hope your dad has the same experience.

Hub's cell phone rang at 5:30 this morning. We sure were sleeping well. I slapped my alarm clock several times before I realized it was not the alarm. It even woke Auston up. SpongeBob is WAY more annoying this time of the day...
Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. I tried Debbie's managed insomnia and just got up and made tea during the night. It was helpful, at least I wasn't just being annoyed about being awake.

Chel- I don't think spongebob and I would survive the morning
Old 12-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. I can't say I'm on top of things but my laundry is already in the drier and I've had my morning smoothie. Both good since I've been called into work again and the laundry contains my work clothes. I hope you enjoy pet therapy today!

Linda, yep, taking care of multiple houses is sure complicated! Glad, though, that tomorrow's party is being catered. I'm remembering your snowfall in last few years and would suggest wishing for a "manageable" white Christmas! Survivor tonight!

Twynn, prayers for your daddy today! BTW-loved the pic of your kitty in the nativity scene!

Chelby, ouch for an early morning call! Hope the rest of your day is better.

Cyndi, I managed insomnia, too, this am. Oh, well. I hope Julie is doing better. BTW-someone gave me a beautiful organic Cinderella pumpkin-18#. I need to process it. I actually put it in a Large Flat Rate Box and it didn't quite fit. If it was 2# smaller I was going to send it to you for $15 and get it off my kitchen table. Now with your extra travels I figure you don't need it either.

So I'm off to work, then home, then to a party with my mom (she can't drive home in the dark), then home to pack for an early morning blast off tomorrow. We'll head to Glenwood for a party tomorrow night then remain flexible regarding my work schedule. If they don't need me we'll come back Monday AM, if they do..we'll come back when necessary.

Ok, my alarm is going off upstairs-like I ever need it!

everyone else!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #7  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Hump Day all!
I've been very busy working part-time for a friend in town and have not been on my computer at all for quite some time. It almost feels like I have withdrawl symptoms! I enjoy staying busy though, and making money too is just the cherry on the cake.
I have a lot of Christmas shopping left, but plan to finish it by this weekend. I want to spend the remainder of the month baking. I also plan to spend the remainder of the month sampling my baking, but not too much!
Both my DD's are home now for the holidays and that always puts a smile on my face. They are at the age now where I'm not that dumb anymore and we have some really nice conversations.
I have lost about 5 pounds over the past month, so I'm going to indulge in moving my ticker down a bit today!
Have a wonderful day and remainder of the week if I don't get back on here soon.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Wednesday

I got lots of errands done yesterday and even started my holiday wrapping! Now I really need to work on sending out some cards. Tonight my mom and I are going to see The Blue Man Group. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I'm still "feeling" my calf and now other parts of my leg that must be compensating but want to slowly work up the time. I am not a patient person!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

One of my cousins, Matthew Banks, is one of the Blue Men. That's the crazy side of the family.

Just decided to stay home and plot and plan this morning as we are still fogged in. Coffee lists and a soak in the tub are now the plan. It's nice to eb able to adapt plans.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Went to the drs yesterday and got my bloodworks and everything was excellent. Everytime I go he keeps lowering my thyroid medication and said that my cholesterol is excellent. Must be the ground flax and nuts I have almost every day. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds for Friday on our drive up to DD, can't wait to see that little family.
Have a good day everyone, stop and put your feet up a little if at all possible and have that cup of tea or coffee.

So I am going to a potluck today, baked a tart which I won't describe. But will have to see if one of the ladies who for the past three years has brought exactly 12 sausage rolls from M&Ms will bring them again, we are about 24 at the potluck and by the way a box of about 60 costs $8.99 my friend and I will have to keep a straight face.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning!

I was up until 3a cooking up a storm for the office holiday party. I make the mock gingerbread cake - however I had to use splenda and think it's a bit too fake tasting but we'll see -brought some Cool Whip free as well. Also made spinach artichoke dip in a whole wheat sourdough bread bowl and cut up some WW baguettes as well. So you know, I actually knew there'd be something I could eat

Off to the races...talk soon!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

The Awana party last night, I endulged in offplan foods felt crappy afterwards.

Tywnn- I will be praying, my mom had the same surgery and she did well.

Cottage- I hope Cindy and Richard realize what a gem they have in you

Karen- I need to do Christmas cards to, but I have not even bought them.

to everyone else

Okay I really have work to do so back to it.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late check in. I should have been able to sleep in this morning as I took the morning off work, but woke up early anyway so started doing chores.

My favorite thrift store (Unique) had a 50% off sale today, and they opened early so I rushed over there after school drop off. For $27, I got a pair of never worn Clark's shoes for myself, a Burton ski jacket for my son, a pair of Lee jeans for me, a Gap long sleeved shirt for my son, an Old Navy long sleeved shirt for my son, a polar fleece polo for him, and 2 pairs of sweat pants for him as well as a bag of red Christmas balls and an unopened package of furniture moving disks. Love Unique!!!

Then, with the rest of the morning off I came home and Walked off the Lbs. with Leslie for 30 minutes wearing ankle weights and using light hand weights. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. I'm living life!
Closed Thread