South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, August 16

Could it really be that I am the first one up and at 'em this Twosday morning??

Stress from work is messing with my sleep cycle. DW is up too with her own added stress. So, a cup of coffee, then a shower, and in early in the hopes that I can leave early for the nap I know I will need to take later!

What's brewing on your side of the world this morning?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jenn! It's one thing to wake up bright and early, but it's awful to be up early because of stress. I do hope your day and week get better! to a good day!

It was so good to greeted with bear hugs and kisses yesterday from Audrey & Maggie, and made having to go back to work not so bad. We spent the morning catching up on everyone's adventures, then we spent the afternoon shopping for school supplies. Cindy had started on the laundry so there wasn't much to do, and I had the girls help finish unpacking their duffel bags. Good thing, too, as they both had plastic bags filled with wet clothes in them. Ew.

Today, we start piano lessons with a new teacher, who will be coming to the house. Their former teacher retired and is moving to Florida, and she will be missed. But we already know Dan, and both the girls like him, so all is good. The weather is questionable, but if Cindy has polo practice this afternoon, I'll bring the girls over to my house for swimming unless they want to with her, and I'll get home early.

One more cup of coffee, then I'm trying a new breakfast recipe with raw buckwheat groats.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jenne. My first thought was that you had been up all night. I hate it when my sleep cycle gets messed up by dumb things such as work. I strongly believe in naps on days when it happens.

I'm afraid the BBQ salmon I had down at the cottage last night was not good. It tasted great going down but not so great this morning when it came the other way! I do NOT have a delicate constitution so I'm sure it was bad food. Now ... do I mention it to them? I guess not unless they talk about being sick too. Just to add to the joy of the morning, one of the big dogs was sick last night too. I bet you all feel super right now. Sorry!

This morning I go to get "fitted" for my hearing aids and shell out the Big Bucks. These state of the art little gems come with a remote which I think is too funny! The technician, who looked about 15, was going on about Blue Tooth and being able to answer my cell phone with the thing. I asked if it could also unlock my car and he gave me a weird look. I hope to be much smarter by the end of the day as I embark on yet another learning curve.

I think my tummy feels ready for coffee and a bit of breakfast and then I'll tackle the day.

I hope your Toos-day is great!

ETA: Hi there, Linda. I can imagine the joyful reunion of you and your Girlies. It sounds like you are right back in your groove.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #4  

Ugh, Ruth! Barfing up salmon is so not a good way to start the day! If it was bad salmon, everyone who ate it will be sick, so I wouldn't mention it unless they are. I hope there are no other lingering effects from it. Blech!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I took benadryl at bedtime to deal with a bee sting from the weekend. Even though it should be long out of my system I am a zombie this morning (we should have a zombie "smile"). On the plus side the rash is much better.

Jenn - I hate stress impaired sleep. Hope there's plenty of coffee available today and the day goes smoothly.

Cottage - You are so enthusiastic about your job I've actually looked at a couple of nanny type jobs. Can't wait to hear your breakfast review. I think I have some buckwheat in the cabinet.

Ruth - Can you get online with those things? I suspect that now that the baby boomers are aging there's going to be all kinds of modifications to make us feel better about aging. Hope your tummy and the dogs are better today. What a yucky combo to wake up to.

It's another day going over the mountains. I'm hitting a couple of days of Phase 1 because after a great start this summer I've been losing ground again. I really think the NSA ice cream started it for me. I couldn't stick to portions of that and ended up throwing it out but my choices have been off since. I'm eating way too much food and have had a couple of off plan foods the last week or so. Time to crack down again. It's so weird, I can have NSA fudgesicles and creamsicles with no problem but that darned ice cream just kills me. Oh well, at least I know what I need to do.

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-16-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ruth!!! I thought that was what people might think!

Cyn - good luck getting back on the horse! NSA Creamsicles??? WHERE?!!?
Cottage - Have fun with the lessons!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #7  

Cyndi, I'm eating the Carrot Cake Buckwheat Groats Porridge now, and it's OK, but I don't think I'd go to the bother of making them again. It makes enough for 4 servings, so I'll finish it up for my breakfasts this week, but I'm not in love with it. You can find the recipe on OhSheGlows.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It would have been a great day to get up early but not the case...I had been looking forward to an evening at home but there was a seminar appropriate for Kirk and his TBI group so we went. Did I mention I have to travel over the hill tomorrow? First on my priority list is to get my rescue reports from last month tackled then do all the entries from this month. It would be a perfect day but we're taking the neighbor kids to the pool. It's pretty sad...we live a mile from this beautiful pool and their parents won't even take them once. They've spent the entire summer babysitting the youngest (1-1/2 yrs) because she's about to have another one.

So...I'm going to try and get the report done before I head to water aerobics then I might as well just go back to the pool and try to "have fun".

jenne, hope you get that nap!

Ruth, hope you are feeling better soon!

Cyndi, safe travels!

Linda, it sounds like you were really missed by the girls. That's sweet.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-16-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Greetings from Salina Utah! We made good time yesterday so pushed further than planned and will now have an easier day, arriving in LA before rush hour. Teen would rather spend time there than in the car and I agree. Sorry I only waved, Debbie! Your canyon is beautiful! I know we missed some amazing scenery in the last hours last night when it was so dark. Left home 8:00am and were at a hotel about 11:30 or so. Of course it was only 10:30 here

Teen is a bit grouchy. No surprise. He wants to drive more since it is less boring but that makes me sooo nervous! DH figured out a way we can get our laptop online in the car so I was able to catch up on email and blog reading on the road.

Eating the beans I packed. Off soon. Have a great day all.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies~! I think I am going to take a rest day today from my c25k... we will see if I feel energetic later! I was thinking of brewing a pot of coffee- something I haven't done in months...thought better of it and went for the green stuff instead

I have a laser appt this afternoon and will swing back around to TJ's and whole foods for some lunch-my fave. Then its into the garden for me. I need to put some more dirt on my asparagus and put some mulch over it(I am thinking pine needles?) other than that I plan to enjoy my day off thoroughly!

Hope you ladies have a great day!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #11  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, Tuesday does not seem to be our day this week! Stressing and food poisoning and bee stings - Oh My!

Jenn - Sad to hear about your night - hope you have a relaxing and restful day.

Linda - Yay for girls' hugs. Nice to have them home.

Ruth - Hope you feel better soon. Being sick is the worst.

Cyndi - Good for you throwing the ice cream away! That is something I really struggle with. You've got all the tools and all the moves.

Debbie - You are such a nice neighbor!

Karen - Glad the trip is going good so far! If there's any wineries on the way, you and your husband can do a tasting and then your son is the DD. Might make his driving more tolerable.

Rikki - Sounds like you've got a great day planned.

I weighed in today and lost 1 lb from last week. I'm really happy about it because I didn't exercise at all (twisted ankle still recovering). I started back on a light jogging routine this morning, so I plan on keeping the momentum going! I have a friend visiting from Pennsylvania and I am so glad to see her tonight. Other than that, just a normal day. Work, work, horses.

Last edited by FurnaceOfAchievement; 08-16-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The sickies were a one-shot deal and I felt just fine afterward so it must have been the salmon. I went to town and got my new hearing aids. What a difference! I was driving along and signaled a turn and wondered what was ticking so loudly. I pulled over and realized it was just my turn signal. I can hardly wait to hear the loons in the morning! It comes with lots of bells and whistles and is "streamed" so I can answer my cell if it rings while I'm driving.
Closed Thread