South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Wednesday, July 20

Good Morning

We're headed out within the hour but I wanted to stop by and say hi! Mom has an eye appt. at 10am so we'll journey through the mountains before dawn….heading East maybe we'll have a nice sunrise. I'm not sure what I'll do in Denver for 3 hours...I guess I have a 3 hour drive to figure that out.

My two days on the "job" were great! No time to snack, that's for sure. It seems to be a win-win...it looks like I'm the new office manager and I can pick my own hours. I mentioned I was leaving for at least a week and they said great call us when you get back. They left me on my own yesterday and said they needed to get me some keys.

What's on your hump-day agenda? Stop by and chat

I'll see you from the other side. Have a great and OP day everyone!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Every time you say "the other side", I hear the Twilight Zone music, Debbie. Safe trip and I hope your mother's appointment is on time and has good results.

Nurse Dracula now has a vampire in training who could not get a blood sample but Nurse D. did manage it. Next life, I am going to have a faucet on one of my veins. Great initial bloodwork results though and I'm quite pleased. There'll be full results after the labwork.

The rest of the day was not quite as planned as Donna's husband had another heart attack and I was back on puppy nursemaid duties. (I really must get a picture of this wee mite.) I left Jazz in charge of her when Disney and I went to pet therapy. Then a young friend (17) dropped in to talk to me about getting a programme going for the teens in the area. Something else happened to fill up the rest of my evening but it's a good secret for now and you never know who reads this message board.

Today I have a mammo at 10:10 and am trying to get a wee town shopping list organized. It'll be a quick trip since the doggage do pet therapy at the Clinic at 12:30. After that I have signs to put up over at the Fairgrounds because it opens tomorrow morning at 9! There goes my life for the next four days. Strict food control will be needed although Fair Food really doesn't turn me on.

If anybody has free time over the next little while, please come to Delta. The clean sheets are in the closet and just move that Christmas wrapping paper off the spare bed, OK? If you get a moment, there's weeding out back and the car needs a wash.

Just read the forecast and it's going to be record-breaking heat until after Sunday. Keep cool!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Debbie,
Great news about your job. You never know when something new and exciting like that is going to pop into your life. Do they do any work/treatments there you might want? I'd GLADLY do volunteer work at a place that does massage...

Although I didn't get the actual number, my dexa scan results came back and my dr. emailed me to say there is no bone loss in my spine at all and just a small amount in my left hip. The reason I need to get the actual T numbers from him is to compare to a scan I had almost exactly 8 years ago which showed bone loss in both my spine and hip. If the numbers work out the way he seems to be saying, it would mean that I've increased my bone mass in my spine and perhaps in my hip too, which wouldn't be all that strange since I used to eat poorly/smoke/do no weight bearing exercise, which has all changed now...one thing I do really need to do is cut down on my salt intake (sigh). I'll report back when I have more detail.

Tonight is the first night of a month long book study I have joined at a neighboring church (not my own), looking at "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Rabbi Harold Kushner. This is one of my favorite books and I was overjoyed to see there would be a book study on it. I LOVE Kushner and recommend any and all of his books to anyone who wants to contemplate God in a non-denominational way. It means having my sitter back each Wednesday which pleases my son as he misses her.

Retaining water from TOM...but that should be over by Friday. I'm hoping for a loss this week. Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA: Ruth...your secret is intriguing! Hope you'll have something wonderful to reveal to us soon.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 07-20-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day, Chicklets!

Deb, your new job sounds wonderful, and it's great that they value you so highly. I hope you had a safe and pleasant drive over the mountains this morning.

Ruth, I'm glad that your blood work came back just fine, and wish you well with your mammo this morning. That reminds me that I must make an appt. for mine today. It's too bad that I'll be missing the fair by just a week, but if anyone else takes up your offer, make sure they change the sheets on MY bed when they leave.

Matilda, that's great news on your dexascan! Enjoy your bookclub and the discussion tonight!

I have today off, except for having to pick up the girls from camp at 4 and taking them to Cindy's parent's. I have the laundry started and am going to do a quick dusting and vacuum, and I want to run out to pick up a birthday card for Maggie who is turning 8 tomorrow, and I have more beans to pick and freeze. I will find some time to relax on my float in the pool by myself before anyone shows up with their swimsuit, though.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - Glad the job is going well. REI?

Ruth - So sorry to hear about Donna's husband. Last time I had a mammo the gal commented on my weight! THAT was weird. (But at least it was about me being thin)

Matilda - Good news re the bones! I need to cut down my salt intake too. Lots from cheese which would be my easiest change.

Linda - Enjoy your day off.

I woke up feeling just as tired as when I went to sleep Slow day here so I am going to try to get my teen to start shopping for his dorm room. I suspect as his time home is shorter and shorter he'll be spending even more of it with friends. DH fried his computer yesterday so is stressed out and that is making me stressed. He uses it all day for stock trading. Fingers crossed he can recover stuff today. I never understand that stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's a fly by clucking for me This week I learned that very hot days = lots of water = less food = happy scale. I'm not going to complain about the heat anymore

Happy Hump Day friends!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie good luck with your crossover to the other side I like the sound of your new job

Ruth- Intrigued by the secret hehe glad your initial bloodwork was good

to everyone else

So it looks like I don't have the new position yet....sort of... they don't have it in the budget until January...so official it will not look like I have it but I will taking on the majority of what my boss did as he will still be moving into new position and out of his office. I will be moving into his office but not have title.. I really hope this all works out and I get the promotion in January otherwise I will not be a happy camper. We still have to work out all the details but it kinda of puts me in charge but not official so we shall see how staff react to this change.

I have been exercising and doing well op eating. I am TOM so hopefully will have a swoosh this weekend, right now feeling bloated which with the heat stinks. Enough complaining Tonight DD2 has final swim meet before Conference.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Every time you say "the other side", I hear the Twilight Zone music, Debbie.
Rod, is our neighbor here...I hear the music right now.
Sorry to hear about Donna's DH...again...Take care and know if I were a little closer I'd be in your guest room tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Hey Debbie,
Great news about your job. You never know when something new and exciting like that is going to pop into your life. Do they do any work/treatments there you might want? I'd GLADLY do volunteer work at a place that does massage...
It's neurofeedback, and yes, they'll do me for free now. It could be better than massage....
Great news on your bone scan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I hope you had a safe and pleasant drive over the mountains this morning.
It was quite nice, thanks. It was just dawning as we came over Vail Pass (1/2 way point) and I could see lots of Elk by the roadside.
Enjoy your floaty time in your pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Debbie - Glad the job is going well. REI?
I'm not buff enough for REI. Plus, there's just too much stuff there that I don't need.
Hope DH's computer resolves and you find some new energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
This week I learned that very hot days = lots of water = less food = happy scale. I'm not going to complain about the heat anymore
I'll take that equation with me today. I think adding all the spontaneous exercising you're getting can't hurt, either.

Pearlrose, to DD2. It sounds promising at work. I'll keep my fingers .

I'd better get cracking here! I have an hour before I have to leave and I need to pack my lunch and a project for my sitting time. I could certainly go out and walk...but I'm thinking it would be a great time to start studying my yoga stuff since I start teaching in 2 weeks. I have several things I'd like to really get memorized so I won't have to search my brain so deeply on the spur of the moment. I'm also checking into getting my eyes checked and ordering glasses. I think it would be much more effective and cheaper than having 20 pairs of reading glasses.

First, I have to go prep my veggies and clean the bottom of the fridge. My supply of fresh stuff is my SBD lifeline.

Have a great day everyone!

Furn, it's always nice to hear from you!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I just had to stop by and say hi!

I was just lurking around and I see so many familiar faces!!!
Glad to see everyone doing well!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning! busy day here. will pop by later. boss is back and working me to the bone

xoxo
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Rikki!

Karen, I hope your DH is able to recover some of his stuff and is in a better mood today! Good luck on getting your DH to start his dorm shopping, too. Do you plan to go with him?

Cyndi, I've noticed a decreased appetite in this heat wave, too, and ice water is the only thing that quenches my thirst. We may as well get some benefit from this steambath.

Pearlrose, sorry you have to wait so long for your new job title, and I do hope it all works out come January. Good luck to DD2 today!

Debbie, I'm glad you had a pleasant drive. Enjoy your yoga workout!

Good morning, Jenne!

Laundry's washed, dried, and put away, the house is sparkling, and I picked and froze 6 quarts of string beans this morning. I also made my appointment for my mammo, and did a quick grocery run. I'd say I had a very productive morning! Now I'm going to enjoy my yummy kale salad, then take my kindle out to pool and relax for a while.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

LINDA - please come to my house and kick my butt. I have done nothing. No laundry, no groceries, and am about to go out the lunch with DH, as he can work from home this afternoon.

I feel like a slug.

Be well -
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #13  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning beach babes! By the time I'm getting into work, lots of you have already done half of your day's to-do list! Plus some of you get up early, which is nice and inspires me to get up early and be more productive.

Debbie - Have a great day in Denver and good luck with the Yoga memorization!

Ruth - So mysterious today with your secret! Too bad you had Nurse Dracula. :/

Matilda - Hooray for positive numbers from the doctor! Isn't it amazing that your lifestyle changes can affect your BONES?!! Just awesome. My best friend and her husband are moving to NYC at the end of the month, which means I'll have to come visit in the near future.

Linda - You are possibly the most productive person of all time. You always have a huge laundry list of things to do, yet you don't seem overwhelmed at all.

Karen - Hope your husband's computer comes back to life and your son does some dorm shopping! Bed Bath and Beyond is having some good deals.

Cyndi - Talk about looking on the bright side. Get it? Hot day = sunny = bright. Ha. I make myself laugh.

Pearlrose - Good luck navigating that sticky situation at work. They should give you the title and an agreement to a future raise - that way the hierarchy at work doesn't get screwed up.

Rikki - Hello!

Jenne - I know how you feel! Bosses are on a roll right now!

Bea - It's hump day. Feeling like a slug is part of the program.

For myself, I am in week 8 of phase 2 and looking back at my food journal I realize that I haven't been able to stay on plan for any respectable period of time. The longest has been 9 consecutive days! When I go off plan, I don't go crazy - it's just a lack of planning. Ugh. I think I need start focusing on getting "on a roll" and staying on it!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

OMG will wonders never cease!!! My teen has brought down 4 baskets of dirty laundry that was previously all over the floor of his room and is doing it himself. So far. Maybe he's cleaning up in there!!!

I am procrastinating. Really should be taking an online tutorial for the foundation work I "administer." The software was upgraded and I can't put off learning about it because we have had several grant requests initiated this week. But here I am instead

Linda - Yep; I'm a major control freak so will shop with him. I have a very comprehensive list that I put together for my older son.

Furn - Here's to being on a roll.

Bea - Enjoy lunch... beats laundry any day.

Jenn and Rikki -

Debbie - But if you just buy cheap reading glasses you can have pairs every where within reach

Rose - Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Cyndi - Maybe I need to get out of the a/c so I drop a couple more pounds!

Okay... going to "work" now.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Great news about the job my dear Debbie!
Closed Thread