South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Back from vacation :P + Protein Powder?

*sigh* Phase two was a bit of a mess (or rather I was :P), I managed a month but somehow over my vacation ended up eating way. too. many. carbs. You know how there's a cookie monster? I was the bread/cookie/potato monster and am back in craving land. So, I'll be going back to phase one on Thursday (gives me a couple days to get all detoxy) for two weeks and then slowly, but surely, get back to phase 2.

I know that SBD doesn't promote processed foods (in fact, it promotes the exact opposite), but where does it stand on protein powders?
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I would guess all the same rules about ingredients. A few of us are smoothie drinkers so I'm sure you will get some answers. I prefer hemp powder. It has omega 3s, is vegan and minimally processed. I think it's the least processed commercial protein powder but I could be wrong about that. Personally I wouldn't use some of the super processed and supplemented powders but that's just my preference.

I love smoothies with unsweetened almond milk, hemp powder, chia, some fruit, a little cinnamon and a handful of raw spinach.
Zeffryn is the smoothie queen though, she's much more creative than I am!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote