South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
can i get some feedback? i feel so terrible right now.

a friend of mine asked me to watch her son today. I took him to a playdate that i already had scheduled (i asked her first) and then we came back to our house and were playing in the backyard. I was pushing DS2 on the swing while DS1 and my friend's son were playing soccer. All of a sudden, I hear him whimpering and I run around and he is sitting in the middle of an ant pile that must have just popped up (DH just scanned the yard for hills on Monday) and ants are crawling all over him biting him. I run him inside, strip him down and pop him in some cool water in the tub, dab vinegar on the bites to neutralize them and then put calamine lotion on them. I called his mom to get permission to give him some children's benadryl as well. I just feel so bad, he is so pitiful right now, so itchy and those ant bites hurt like crazy!

So sorry! Accidents and crazy stuff happen. If it was my son, I would have just been happy to know that you did everything you could to help him. When you are watching more than one kiddo (even if it's just your own two) it just takes a second for something to happen when you're not looking. It's okay. I would imagine it's harder when it's not your kid, but I'm sure you've had not so great things happen with your own two when you've glanced away. Please don't beat yourself up about it!

p.s. My children are more monkey than child. They are into everything all of the time. My daughter was in a toddler bed by 15 months because she wouldn't stop climbing in and out of her crib. One of my friends said I need to hire my baby girl out to other families to figure out where they need baby-proofing in there house. And then there was the incident when she busted open my pedometer and ate a watch battery... That was a fun night of x-ray's and ER trips!

Life happens. It will be okay!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #17  

So, my husband figured out what is going on in our basement. Our ancient deep freeze has a stinky motor. We have a 1/4 beef that we need to pick up from the locker plant this weekend. My husband is off to the appliance store. I guess a freezer that is getting ready to die is better than a house that is getting ready to burn down.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #18  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Beloved, glad you're ok! that must have been so scary! I'm super impressed that you stayed on plan after all of that!

Susan, you're right that it is harder that it is not mine. It also doesn't help that this was the first time I was watching him She was completely ok with it, though and assured me that there was no harm, no foul. He fell asleep on the couch watching gabba before she got there, so I think he is going to be ok.

and you're right about the freezer motor. a new freezer is way cheaper than a new house!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

from my psycho week
Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Beloved, what a scary experience! I'm just relieved that you weren't hurt.

Zeff, I'm glad the little boy is OK. You handled the situation very well and have nothing to feel guilty for. That could have happened to anybody.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Beloved, what a scary experience! I'm just relieved that you weren't hurt.

Zeff, I'm glad the little boy is OK. You handled the situation very well and have nothing to feel guilty for. That could have happened to anybody.
Ditto, here. What a day for you both!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #22  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

So, he ended up in the ER after he started choking on his vomit in the car ride home. Thankfully his mom had him at that point. They had to give him steroids and ended up giving him an epipen to carry around in case it happens again. poor baby!

Me thinks I'm probably not going to be her first choice for babysitting
Old 10-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, Zeff, what a rough day for all of you!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Zeff, your friend will understand and it seems that she does. Good evening all, my personal laptop is misbehaving so I'm using the family one. I have my appointment with the therapist tomorrow and on Friday I will get my hair done. My grandma's memorial is on Saturday so please pray for her, thanks! Next Sunday, I'll be up to 3 fruits, yes!
Closed Thread