Phase 1 Support Thread

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • Introduction to this thread:
    CyndiM wrote:
    Quote:
    It looks like there are lots of new Beachers stopping by. Time for a Phase 1 support thread. If you are just starting South Beach this is a spot to get your questions answered about Phase 1, get support from other Phase 1ers and from more experienced Chicks and post menus and daily successes and challenges. So hop on in and let us know how it's going and how we can help support you.

South Beach is a healthy lifestyle change that can not only help you lose weight but improve your overall health. Phase 1 is just 2 weeks but it's so important to successfully complete two clean weeks. It will help clear cravings and give you a head start on the road to a healthier you. to the Beach!
    day 1 of phase 1
    So far so good. Im not even hungry! Ive done sb before and did good on it. Hoping i have the same results!
  • Congratulations! I'm just finishing day 1 of Phase 1 as well, and just like the last time I did Phase 1 I'm not hungry at all! That's why this diet rocks...it actually works and you don't have to starve yourself!
  • Ugh I'm on day 8 and I'm constipated, have lost my appetite, and gained a lb (after losing 5-6 last week).

Help me BRE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phase 1/day 1 feeling pretty powerful
    I started SB last week, but I knew it would be a trial run until after the weekend (lots of food centered activities I could not avoid). So, today is my first day, and I have to say that I really love the plan. I modify it a bit as I track my calories, but the plan has so many low cal/low carb options that I can see few issues. I also noticed that my weekend,while not up to phase 1 standards, eating was more careful and, for the most part, better choices than I would usually make. This feels doable.
  • Great job!
  • Shelly try taking Acidophilus pills. They are the active ingredient in activia. You know, as long as it is safe for you to take the bacteria that's in yogurt. Check with your doc if you have questions about it. The pills take a few days to work, but after those days pass, everything else passes.
  • Glad to hear your day went well (both of you that tackled day 1 today )!!!

It's totally doable...I was amazed!!!
  • , Amos Josephine!
  • Day 2 today!

About to go to work with my coffee and breakfast "muffin" in hand. Not going off track today.
  • Constipated? Hun, have you tried Metamucil? It's recommended for the South Beach diet in the sugar free form not only to fight constipation, but also because the fiber in it lowers the GI value of every meal you eat when you drink it with the meal.
  • Michelle, did u try the metamucil? i know u were thinking about it. I would try it and see how it goes. I dont have any problems going to the bathroom lol.

Yesterday was my first day and I lost 3.5 pounds whoooo who!
  • Thanks for starting this thread!

I am just starting my second week of Phase 1 and everything is going well so far. It's much less difficult than I anticipated. Tomorrow might be a challenge because I'm heading to a concert in the evening, but I plan on eating an early dinner before we leave and bringing along some snacks/water so I can avoid the concession stands.
  • shelly, try the metamucil. if that doesn't work, try some senna tea. the lb. you've gained is probably because of the constipation. no need to worry.
  • Ok, Day 2 of P1- so far so good- made an amazing omlette this am with spinach and some cheese.
    So I'm hoping to make it through today and not have to crazy a day. I cheated last night and had a glass of wine- it was a dry wine and not sweet, so it wasn't a terrible cheat, but no more wine for a while.
  • Hi everyone phase 1 day 2 here. I've done SB a few times before and have found each time to be less successful for me. I am hoping this time will be different. The last few times I've been constipated as well, which could be cause of the stall in weightloss.

I feel better on this plan so I know I need to stick to but it but it all goes downhill as soon as I start adding any carbs back in. Any tips or anyone in the same boat?