South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #16  

Smile

What is RICE DREAM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdw1 View Post
Hope yall don't mind me starting this one- Its a bit over a week but wanted to be sure to include the weekends for those of us who need it(ME!.lol) I need as much accountability as I can get!

P2
B: Smoothie:Banana, 1T pb, 2t cocoa powder, 1c rice dream, ice
S: zucchini soup(I have to post that recip for yall!)
L: taco salad sans tacow/black beans olives and avocado
S: baby carrots, tomatoes
D: zucchini "noodles", marinara large salad
S: Sm Smoothie: mango, strawberry 1/2c rice dream, ice
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #17  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Its a milk substitute
http://www.tastethedream.com/

However, my new favorite dairy replacement for smoothies is now Trader Joes Organic whole grain drink... much fewer calories and more "whole"...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #18  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi chicks, i hope your dieting is going good, i just need to share that last night i ate 2 biscuits and some chocolate thingy... i just wanted to share it with you because that is reality, i don't wanna hide any more.

Today:
B - a glass of milk and some peanuts
L - fish and veg
S - 2 plums
D - don't know yet, friends cooking, i am trying to be relaxed about what i eat without too much planning as i am learning to let go and let God!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #19  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

update on above post...after grocery shopping, made something killer for "dinner". So good I thought I'd share:

roasted a red pepper on the burner, shocked it in ice water and peeled and chopped it in big chunks.
chopped up some onions. Put the onions and a bag of broccoli slaw in the skillet and let that cook in some evoo and creole seasoning. Added a couple of cloves of garlic. When that was cooked down, added the roasted red pepper, then at the last minute some shrimp and then some shirtake noodles. Then a little peanut sauce and roasted almonds...yep, it was killer.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #20  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hope for recovery, it's great that you are honest with us because you're keeping yourself accountable for minor slip ups. Today's a new day and you'll keep going strong. :-)

Femmecreole yum that sounds super delicious. I love peanut sauces!
This is what I had for breakfast:

B- 2 slices turkey bacon, 3 eggs scrambled, olive oil- About 355 calories

Then after reading responses on my thread I changed up my lunch plans. Instead I had this:

L- 3oz leftover curry chicken (sans sauce, other than what the chicken had soaked up) with the peppers and onions.

Then I had about 3 cups or so of leafy fresh raw greens dressed simply with vinegar, garlic, and pepper, no oil.

All for approximately 160-180 calories.

S- 2 big stalks celery with hummus - approximately 56 calories (wow, my brand of hummus is only 40 cals a serving? Awesome.)

Dinner: Black eyed peas (measured out)
Spinach sauteed with garlic and onion in nonstick pan, no oil
Big leafy green salad with ranch (that will be my dinner fat)

280 cals

Gotta eat an apple and some PB or something later. I've only had about 871 calories.

If I'm hungry after, I may eat an apple. I don't know if I will have PB or not. Depends on how many cals I consumed during dinner.

I am all out of dairy, completely. No FF milk, no FF powdered milk, no FF cottage cheese, no FF greek yogurt. I'm sooo ready to grocery shop again! :-)

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-02-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #21  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Cat sounds delish! I haven't had shirataki noodles in forever!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #22  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Made a super yummy dinner tonight. I sauteed some eggplant, a handful of yellow beans, some Italian peppers, garlic, onion, green & yellow squash together. When they were almost done I added garbanzo beans, basil, & chopped tomatoes and heated. We served it all over veggie chicken cutlets. Food tastes so good this time of year
Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #23  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

Cyndi that sounds so good! I miss my veggie cutlets

I made a really yummy dinner tonight too- so simple yet it really hit the spot. I ended up cooking mushrooms, garlic, and kale in some EVOO I think its like you said Cyndi- food just tastes better this time of year I also made a huge salad with arugula, spinach, cukes, mushrooms, strawberries, and walnuts. Tossed with Drew's natural Raspberry dressing YUM. Also had an Amy's Bistro Burger(Not completely sbd compliant, fyi)

Last edited by rdw1; 08-02-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 AM   #24  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Thanks Mel!

A bit more accountability on last night, I was at friends there was a 3 course meal, so i did have a slice of white baguette in garlic, then pork and a 2 spoons of couscous with salad, no desert. I had a mixture of feelings about eating the bread but then i changed it to positive emotions because i did not overeat on the food and i did not have a desert. None of the fat cheesecakes and all. I did not drink alcohol either. So analysing yesterday actually it was a good day. I haven't weighted myself because I am scared that it might have gone up. I don't know. But I will weight myself at some point soon and I will update you.

Today, I realised I have bought too much food, i still buy too much and I think it is because it is comfort, I think I will run away of ingredients and I stock up. That's not right so I am going to be a bit more relaxed about what I buy and i am going to start freezing my meat as well.

I don't know what i am eating today but all my meals are in my hands so it should be ok. Wishing you all a great day!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #25  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

bad weekend. father was in town and made a bunch of bad choices. today is a new day and trying to not let it throw me off too much. Unfortunately, weigh in is tomorrow and I likely won't have rid myself of all of this bad food bloat by then.

--

b: veggie smoothie (kale, greens powder, ginger, blueberries, lemon, whey, almond milk)
l: vegetable soup
s: apple w/ almond butter
d: caramelized onion and spinach frittata
Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #26  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

b - oatmeal with ground flax, blueberries and almond milk
l - veggie soup
s - 1/3 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon
s - lighhearted caesar salad
s - turkey roll
Old 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #27  
Working on healthy

A bit challenging today with work from 9 - 9, ending with a meeting.

Phase 2
B: "pudding" - homemade pumpkin butter, Greek yogurt, chia seeds & a little maple agave (let it set for about 1/2 hour)
S: nectarine
L: spiral zucchini salad with beans
S: chia fresca
D: I'll be out so might be that sandwich I didn't get yesterday

exercise - walk at lunch
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #28  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Is there a recipe to the homemade pumpkin butter? I start craving pumpkin around September. The pudding sounds delicious.

I'm going to alternate with grains for awhile, that is use them sparingly. It's clear they don't agree with my body too well, and I want to test and see what my limits are. I'm going to have one grain daily, and some days, such as yesterday, I won't have any at all. I'm going to try to eat more beans. I have plenty of bags of beans and cans but I haven't been eating them as much because beans aren't so palatable to me, but I discovered putting garlic on them makes them taste lovely!

B- 1/2 cup beans over cooked spinach, seasoned only with garlic and a bit of salt

L- Egg salad (eggs chopped and mixed up with a mustard-mayo combo, seasoned lightly with garlic and pepper) with lots of chopped celery and onion. (I love lots of crunchy veggies in my salads.) on a whole wheat SF 90 calorie wrap.

I think I'll also have some canned & rinsed mustard greens dressed with vinegar. It'll round that lunch out nicely.

D- don't know yet but it will consist of no grains.

Snacks- apple with tablespoon PB
Canned veggies

Yes I'm running quite low on things, don't have it in the budget to shop until tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. :-D I've been wanting some butternut squash and some more of that delicious spaghetti squash. I'm craving a spaghetti bake and that spaghetti squash stuff really hits the spot.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-03-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #29  
Working on healthy

Phase 1.5
B: smoothie with hemp milk, hemp powder with acai, chia gel, baby zucchini and the last of the canned peaches
L: probably work meeting. I'm hoping for a big salad
S: chia fresca, plums
D: Karen's zucchini pancakes topped with salsa & Greek yogurt, sauteed patty pan squash

exercise: exercise bike or Wii Step aerobics with the fan on (hope this is the last hot day!)
Old 08-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #30  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

B: green smoothie with 1 banana, 1c TJ’s whole grain drink, 2 handfuls kale, handful blueberries, ice
S: zucchini soup
L: sesame cucumber salad, broccoli and tofu stirfry on a bed of cabbage
D: mexican night I’ll have my black beans on a bed of lettuce with all the fixins!

Now I am off to look for those zucchini pancakes

EDITED: so I didn't really follow my plan at all...
B: same(drank it while I wrote this.)
S: zucchini soup, grapes
L:tofu Mock chicken salad: fantastic!
S: apple with pb
D: kale, edamame, and cucumber sesame salad

Its just too darned hot to cook today, our low tonight is supposed to be 82. Geez. Thats ok, because I made some pretty great new recipes today!

Last edited by rdw1; 08-04-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Closed Thread