Moes

• Can you do Moes on phase 1 by just getting a naked burrito and leaving out the rice and having the chicken, beans, cheese, sour cream, lettce and tomato and guac? Just wanted to know your take on it! THanks friends!
  • Sorry but the burrito has flour and is not allowed on Phase I. Try it wrapped in a big lettuce leaf.
  • Im sorry. I meant to say, I would order it naked.. No tortialla. everything served in a bowl...Just checking...NO rice, no corn, just chicken, beans and condiments
  • You still have sour cream and full fat cheese. Do you know how the beans are prepared? Some have added sugars and fats. While you're asking or researching check on the guac too. I know people who put mayo in theirs
    One of the great things about this WOL is really learning what's in prepared foods. Some places are great and some not so much
  • Cyndi, I thought mayo (in moderation) was allowed in Phase 1? Because I've certainly been having it...
  • I'm going to drink more coffee because I need it I was actually using that as an example to check ingredients. sorry!
  • Here's a link to Moe's nutrition; http://www.moes.com/Food.php?ii=1. The nutrition calculator actually lets you add and subtract ingredients to find calories, fat and sugar. Moe's sure looks alot safer than..ahem..Chilis. The pico de gallo is low on sugar which leads me to believe they aren't adding any. I've gone before and trimmed things down. Once I looked at what the cheese and sour cream added to the calories, I just left them off. I've also been known to bring my own whole wheat tortilla (Ph 2). The fact that they (say) they don't add transfats or MSG seems to be a good sign, too.
  • I ate Moes on Phase 1. I ordered one of the salads and just have chicken, black beans, olives, grilled veggies, salsa, and cheese on it. No tortilla, rice, chips, sour cream or guac. Other than the outrageous amount of sodium in their food, I didn't see a problem with it. And yes the cheese is FF but since SB is a WOL my thought was that full fat cheese once during Phase 1, wasn't the worst thing in the world.
  • I like Moes. I usually eat a salad with chickens, beans, lots of veggies, I don't do dressing, but I do get some of the guac. I don't do the cheese though.

Tammie

ETA: The Moe's here has whole wheat tortillas. I haven't looked at them closely though to see if they are sbd friendly for phase 2.