South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: maintaining

Tomorrow morning we leave for our ski trip. I have lots of stuff to do today, including all the packing (food, clothes, supervise DS). I did 5 loads of laundry for DS. Yes - 5! I think he has too many clothes.

My mom and I are getting back to our workout today for the first time since her husband's medical crisis. He is doing better at home, getting different therapy as an outpatient, and they have 24 hour help for a while.

I told DH I absolutely want to exercise before we hit the road tomorrow! My vacation goal is just not to eat anything not on the plan. I suspect I will eat more than usual on the boring car rides, but hope not too much. I decided I will write down what I eat in an attempt to stay OP and not go overboard.

Not sure when/if I will be able to check in but hopefully at least once a day I will miss you
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Mmckellen, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Yay on the good news from the scale!

Lisa, I think your idea about sharing the recipes sounds fantastic! Maybe the boys will have some suggestions for substitutions or tweaks that could make them more palatable for your family.

Karen, good luck with the last of your vacation planning! Car rides are the hardest for me. I am a big eat-when-bored traveler! Sometimes I chew gum instead, so I don't want to put junk in my mouth. Tom likes to eat candy while he's driving and it is very hard to resist!

I just spent two hours looking for a hotel in Venice for our trip at the end of the month/beginning of April. It is HARD to find one that can accommodate all five of us. I think one of the kids might have to sleep in one of those water taxis.

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-12-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! Feel better Lauren. I can fit into 22w jeans! I was happily suprised when I zipped it up and it stayed up!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

FO Woohoooo! Congrats
no real time for personals but new sizes Rock!
I was up from 3:00 this am till 4:30 tried to sleep in another room (DH snoring and breathing on me and my cat spin grooming with smelly cat breath on the othe side) then went back to bed at 4:45 until 6:15
already had coffee in my protein shake so I think it's green tea time
I made soda bread last night the pic is on FB I have to say it's too pretty!
Planning to go back to working out tomorrow AM before SCranton!
bbl!
Kierie
Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies

Jenne, I hope you managed to get back to sleep last night... I noticed you haven't popped back in during daylight hours, so maybe you are still snoozing.

Do you have a hard time sleeping often? FWIW... I tend to wake up a couple of hours after falling asleep after having a couple of drinks... wine would do that to me... YMMV, but you might want to keep an eye on it and see if that's what's going on....

Karen, I'm glad to hear that your Mom is getting help with her DH... it sounds like things have really improved quite a bit in the past week of so... Have a great time on your trip!

I was wakened early this morning with a cat standing on my chest yowing at me... The good thing is that I needed to get up about 2 hours earlier than usual today because DH and I are volunteering at the food co-op stocking shelves. He woke me only about 30 minutes before my alarm went off, so that gave me just enough extra time to check in with you ladies.

Have a great day on the beach everyone!

Last edited by 1oftheLuvs; 03-12-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #21  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

mornin all....

just starting coffee mug #1.

only got 4 hrs sleep. karaoke was a blast. why am I up?

thinking a nap is in order today.

be back soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I did get some rest and woke up with a still sick and grumpy DH. I cancelled skiing yesterday to be home w/him but found that not fun at all. So I'm sticking to my plan today, off to the pool then on to skiing. It's a beautiful but chilly day-I'll take it. I guess I'll stop by the store and get a corned beef for the grumpster on the way...and keep repeating "I can still be nice..."

Hi New Gals! Jerie, dwdeb

Sophie, great news about SIL!

Kari, on the job! Take a nap today!

Lauren, hope you feel better.

Karen, our road is open again, that will make your travels better!

Onward and Upward!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #23  
bikini body bound!

S/C/G: 170.4/See tracker/145

Height: 5'6

Good Morning ladies

Happy Friday! My first post in the daily thread woo-hoo I was surprised to see so many early bird posts!!

Congrats to all those with scale and NSVs and be safe to everyone going out of town this weekend!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SunnyBella. What a petty name!

Yes, we have a lot of early bird east coast folks and then there are the insomniacs!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #25  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

FYI - sausage/egg/veggie breakfast cups.. NOT so good after having been frozen. they're a bit soggy. meh.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Love all of the nsv's everyone is talking about. Hope the early birds were able to go back to sleep.

Today is wfh but I am trying to get stuff done before leaving next week. Only have today and Monday to finish up some stuff.

At the eye doctors they gave me a new prescription it jumped by .5 at first I had a hard time adjusting to seeing my computer screen but I guess it must be right because I can see up close and far away clear now.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #27  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Morning all. Thank you guys for the nice welcomes. So far, so good for me. Still having "nasty food" withdrawal. Headachy & blah last couple days.

Sorry to those of you with sleeping probs. There is nothing worse, as far as I'm concerned. I have a worse "snorer" problem - I snore & wake MYSELF up. LOL

Glad to hear all your NSVs. Keeps me motivated.

Everyone have a great day. At least the weather here is cooperating - middle 70's.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Howdy chicks!
I overslept this morning. We got up at 7:15 and the kids leave at 7:30. I never even heard the alarm. I guess my body just decided we were going to catch up on some sleep. I told the kids I would drive them to school, but they have assessment tests this week and were worried about being late, so they got ready, ate breakfast and were out the door to catch the bus in 15 minutes. I never saw them move so fast!
Then of course it has been a very busy morning. I am buried in work these days, but I guess that's a good thing. I just hate feeling like I can never get caught up.

We missed my niece's birthday during all that snow in February, so I am making her a berry pie, It smells so good! I am drooling, but at least I have a good lunch to look forward to. I made some kale and white bean soup, and chocolate snack cake for dessert.

Dreary grayness for us too this weekend.

Kara, glad Avery is feeling okay. I am having the same problem planning our trip to the South of France. Things are not set up for a family of five! I am looking for apartments to rent rather than hotels. By the way, the kids are staying at Grandma's tonight and I plan to sleep!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Jerie! It's nice to meet you!

Kari, I didn't like those breakfast cups frozen, either. Blech! They were the consistency of a sponge, and just as watery.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Okie, YAY on the jeans! We've got NSVs all over the place lately!

Kierie, did you make your soda bread with whole wheat flour? I've never tried that.

1, hope your volunteering goes well today!

Kari, I have kept those breakfast quiches in the fridge for a week to a week and a half with no problems. Maybe that would be a better solution next time?

Debbie, I hope your husband is feeling better soon. Enjoy your skiing day today!

Sunny, so glad you popped into the daily!

Rose, glad the new glasses are working out!

Jerie, funny about your snoring waking yourself up! Stick with the program and that yuck feeling will be gone soon. You'll end up feeling so amazing that it will have been worth it!

Schmoo, I'm so glad to hear the kids get to spend the night at Grandma's! Enjoy your quiet evening and sleep in!!!

I scrapped the Venice plans and am looking into a road trip into Switzerland now. I think this is going to work out better, and Tom sounded really excited when I ran the idea by him. He loves driving.
Closed Thread