South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mmm, your salad sounds good, Twynn! Love Meal 3, KO. How'd it turn out?

So far, so good this week. Unfortunately, the scale didn't budge, and it was up a pound last week. I was so sure it'd be gone this week. But it's TOM, so I'm looking forward to earning a big WOOSH next weigh-in.

Workouts have been good (and intense!) and so has food. Plan for today:

B:cottage cheese and raspberries
S: yogurt with SF jam and 1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal
L: leftover Kashi pizza and kohlrabi/apple salad, SF pudding
S: apple, 1 oz LF cheese, 1/2 serving of WW crackers
D: Open faced turkey/apple/lite cheese sandwich on WW, cheese soup
D: 1/2 cup NSA ice cream, SF hot cocoa with whip cream
E: 35 mins interval elliptical
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #17  
OnAMission...

S/C/G: 200/170/135

Height: 5'7.5

What a great idea to plan each meal for your entire day. I bet that is extremely helpful in aiding the weight loss.

I started phase 1 today.... Very excited... I have a question even though I already posted it on the board I'll ask it here since it is where it really belongs.

Is Salsa....as long as there is no added sugar in the ingredients okay for a phase 1'er. ? Thanks for the help!

Last edited by JLN555; 11-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #18  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Staying on Phase 1.5 to combat my indiscretions of last week.

B: Veggie omelet & V8
S: LF cheese stick
L: Huge salad with salmon & SB dressing, greek yogurt and prunes
S: Skinny Hazelnut latte
D: Chicken Parmesan with pepper, mushrooms & onions, Mocha Ricotta Creme with a little almond butter
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Did great yesterday, day I phase I. Today should be easier, since I'm at work all day!

B: omelette with mushrooms, onions, black beans, LF cheese
Snacks: cheese stick, fresh veggies, hard boiled egg, cashews (I'm not sure what I'll eat when, but I'll have those available)
L: lentil and smoked sausage soup. My favorite!!
D: spagetti (with added zucchini and yellow squash) over spaghetti squash
Old 11-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #20  
Be happy.

Another busy day, sorry I didn't get here before school. I logged in but walked away from the computer and got busy doing other things.

No time to walk after school today, so I need to hit the treadmill or at least do some stretching and pilates this evening.

B: V-8 and cheese sticks
S: Yogurt
L: Chili and a cucumber salad
D: Chili, choc milkshake, salad
I'll probably have a SF Root beer or SF popsicle while I'm reading later on.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It's been a whirlwind week! I can't believe it's already Friday. I did great OP until last night. I've had alot of emotional events lately. I stayed OP but only by going to bed extremely early-it worked though. I kept my hand out of the proverbial cookie jar and woke up this morning refreshed and remotivated.

As to exercise, I think this new cardio circuit class I'm doing is really beneficial-even if it is for Sr Citizens. It's a good pace with lots of cross training and even though the pounds come off slowly, I am really seeing new sags in my clothes.

Thanks for being here everyone!
PS-Anne, thanks for the article. I think I'll tweak my salad dressing to include safflower oil. It couldn't hurt!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #22  
Be happy.

Good morning!

That's good to hear Debbie - I'm glad you're enjoying your cardio circuit class. I'm planning to join our Health Center after the holidays when the rates go down. I've got a feeling ANY class they offer is going to be challenging for me.

I'm determined to stay OP today even though I'm taking a few of the teen girls out for chinese after church. They've got a steamed chicken and vegetables dish that I'll order. It's pretty bland but it will keep my mouth busy. lol

B: V8, oatmeal, SF hot cocoa
L: steamed chicken and vegetables
S: cucumber and hommus
D: Chili and a green salad
S: Fruit smoothie

(And sometime today I am going to try an Italian creme soda.)

I used the treadmill in 2 shorter sessions yesterday and my foot is feeling pretty good this morning. I guess that will be my pattern for a while. It's not so great for burning fat but it's better than limping around all day.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

I had a great OP day yesterday. I made a great pinto bean stew which worked for both lunch and dinner. I have one of Kalyn's Egg Casseroles in the oven which will probably cover several meals, as well. I find the egg casserole is a great way to get lots of extra veggies in. Heidi, I'm wondering if you've ever tried one? I use lots of veggies which means not so much egg.

My exercise has been lacking these past few days. If I could just get some pool time in today, then tomorrow starts my week with classes scheduled in.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #24  
Be happy.

I think I'll head over to Kalynn's blog and check out the recipe. Thanks for suggesting it.

Hmmm.... I'm having a little bit of trouble finding it. Is this it? Baked Eggs with Summer Vegetables & Capers

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-15-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Heidi

Here's the link http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...swho-knew.html

This morning I added cauliflower, zucchini, onions, garlic, green chilies, mushrooms, turkey sausage and RF mozzerella cheese. I don't go to any lengths to precook any vegies. I just coat the pan w/spray, toss in all the ingredients, top with cheese and then add the egg.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #26  
Be happy.

Oh, I had the wrong one. Thank you!

I think I've got everything I need in the house to make that right now. Might be a nice change, I'll see if my DH is up for it.....
Closed Thread