South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you had a great trip to the coast today, Cyndi! That's wonderful that your parents decided to get the dog you found for them. I hope it's a good fit all around.

It's a beautiful evening, and I just came in from enjoying my tea out on the patio. It's hard to believe we had frost warnings two nights ago. I'm looking forward to sleeping with the windows wide open tonight.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a wonderful taste of summer we are having!

After a bad start with very low blood sugar, I recovered and really enjoyed yesterday. I did some gardening and a fair amount of deck sitting. Today will be more of the same after Church. No cooking except for a salad lunch as I am off to a birthday dinner tonight.

Have a coffee and a chat and tell us about your plans for today.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

What a lovely morning. Had the windows open all night and there's a cool breeze through the house. Of course the birds are singing and luring us away from our chores

Ruth - I have a hammock I hang from my porch. I could lay in it all day Enjoy your sunny deck.

Cottage - Is the internet thing all done? I hope you have fun plans today.

We are heading out to our Cove after breakfast (crockpot porridge). After that I'm not sure yet. We might go to Trader Joe's and hit the Audubon site down there. There is rain in the forecast up north so we won't go in that direction! I've got a crazy week with three late nights so plan to enjoy this weather as much as I can while the weekend is still here.

This is the dog my parents are getting: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/pho...petid=13522260 I just fell in love with him from the picture

Have a good day Chicks
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #19  

Good morning!

We had our windows open all night, too, it it was just lovely. I plan to spend most of my day outdoors since I got my chores done yesterday. I do have to go out for a few groceries, but that's about all. Jake wants to do a London Broil on the grill later when Dustin's family will be here, so I'll have to scrounge up something for myself.
Our FIOS is all connected, but I'm not really noticing any difference on the computer. Jake is enjoying the TV, though, and the choices of programs on it are mind-boggling! Maybe I can finally find something on there to watch for a change.

Cyndi, are they going to call their new pooch Dunkin? I like the name!

Ruth, I'm glad you are finally taking time to smell the roses!

Sophie, I'm glad to see you're a fan of those Brit sit-coms, too. I love those programs, along with One Foot In the Grave, As Time Goes By, and Are You Being Served? They are something I actually enjoyed watching.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone, enjoyed yesterday as well, we went putt putting in the evening and had a good time. Day 1 of Phase 1 went well starting to feel better already.

Cottage: I didn't notice much of a difference when I moved up to a higher speed connnection either.

Cyndi: The doggy is soo cute, love the name.

Ruth- Glad you enjoyed your day. Have fun day at the Birthday party.

Today is Church and then who knows, everything around he is done so we can goof off and enjoy the day.

Have a great day.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cyndi - Duncan is adorable!! I like the name too.

Pearlrose - glad you're feeling better, and it's going well!

Cottage - something on the grill sounds lovely. I'm trying to figure out what we're doing for tonight too.

Ruth - I have a few things that *might* help with low blood sugar .

Me- I'm proud of myself...I've already done my run today! I actually got back an hour ago (it was only 2.5 miles), and my family is STILL sleeping. Regular ole Sunday....clipping coupons, making a grocery list. But what a BEAUTIFUL morning!!! I love it!!

Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #22  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning

Cyndi - I too like the name
Cottage - enjoy your family today.
Pearlrose - Good for you having a good phase 1 on the weekend.
Ruth - Sitting on the deck is one of my great past times, especially if the birds are singing. Glad you are relaxing.
Twynn - you got your day to a good start. Enjoy your time while family is sleeping.

Me - I wish we had good weather, its raining. Started yesterday afternoon. Oh well the nice thing is my daughter sent me pictures of my grandson, Gavan and he is growing so fast. Can you tell he is my only grandson. I made DH some pancakes today but had yougurt with a little bit of granola sprinkled on it. Don't know what the day will bring but I do have to organize a package for DD whose birthday is on May 2nd.
Sophie
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks,
We had lots of fun yesterday at the sweetest place on earth, also known as home of the demon chocolate. What a gorgeous day we had for it! On the way home we stopped for dinner at 5Guys, which has no salads, so I will be back on Ph1 tomorrow, since I also had some chocolate at the park - well?? They pipe chocolate scent everywhere, what else can you do? My kids were excited to see they were putting in a new boardwalk area with a wave pool, lazy river, and slides. My kids are way more into the water parks than the rides, unfortunately it wasn't open yet, but it looks like it'll be really nice. I promised them we'd get back later this summer to check it out. cottage, do you ever do outings like that with the girls? Maybe we could meet up.

This morning I'm trying to get caught up on chores, done a load of dishes and washed and hung out some sheets and towels. DD2 has her piano recital this afternoon, and just tried on her summer dresses from last year, all way too short, so I guess we'll be running out in a bit for a dress. I promised to bring cookies, so I just made a batch of no-bakes.

Another fan of the Britcoms here, my fave is The Vicar, but I don't get her anymore. I just love Dawn French.

Summer is definitely here, as announced by the teeny-tiny ants that greeted me on my kitchen counter this morning. Some Terro usually takes care of that pretty quick, and I think I've got some in the basement, if not I'll have to stop for it while I'm out.

Cyndi, I know what you mean - I've got the mountains right at hand here and tons of parks, but I'm close enough to the bay and the ocean too, and if I want the cities, they are an hour away. It is a wonderful place to live.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-26-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Happy Sunday!

We just got home from a fun trip to the flea market. I got two cantelope. Hopefully they will be as good as the samples were. Yum! Jeff and Pops have stoked up the grill. They are bbq-ing a pork butt and ribs. I love this weather! I'll make SBD friendly sides.

We are fairly close to the beach -- about 5 hours. We are going for Memorial Day weekend. Auston is so excited! So am I.

You all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #25  

Add me to the ranks of enjoying where I live. I can be in the mountains, seashore, and 3 major cities, all within 3 hours. Maybe not as good as living in Hawaii, but close.

Schmoodle, I take the grandkids and Audrey & Maggie to Hershey Park and Dutch Wonderland several times during the summer, and we all enjoy it. We'll definitely have to plan an outing together, it sounds like great fun! And you are excused; there are no calories in chocolate as long as you eat it in Hershey.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #26  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
And you are excused; there are no calories in chocolate as long as you eat it in Hershey.
That does it - I'm moving THERE!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-26-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Closed Thread