South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/270/150

Height: 5' 5

Post Meal ideas???? I need help!

One of the many diets I have done was Jenny Craig. I loved the food...it was normal to me, and I lost a lot of weight. But that was a while back, when the funds were available to spend on that food, now, no funds to spend on it!! So, with weight gained back plus a lot more, I have decided on South Beach. I have many friends who love it and have been very successful with it. My problem is the foods that I just can't deal with, that seem to be a main staple in a lot of the recipes....cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Cauliflower (uggghhh), and so on. I am so afraid if I stick with my boring eggs, turkey roll ups, t-bones and veggies, I'll get bored, and will not be successful!
Does anyone have any meal ideas for a picky eater like myself. Or maybe should I find a different diet??? I'm really trying to stay positive here!!!!
Thank you for any help!
Sincerely,
The Pitiful One!!! LOL
Suz E Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the Welcome Suz E Q thread for some suggestions and more will be here shortly, I'm sure.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I eat lots of beans -- pintos, black beans, garbanzos. I made black bean soup for lunch, and there was no cauliflower in it.

Speaking of cauliflower, you may like it cooked in a different way. I like roasted veggies better than boiled veggies. I don't know of any veggie that can't be roasted. To roast: throw your veggies into a shallow roasting pan, drizzle with a little EVOO, season. Roast at 400* for about 20-30 minutes. They get carmalized and sweet. YUMMY!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Browse through the recipe sections in the SB forum. I'm sure you'll find ones that will appeal to you. I print them off and keep them in a folder in the kitchen. The "What's For Dinner" thread also has lots of ideas.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Reminds me, I haven't made the Taco Bake in three months!

If you like taco's, you'll LOVE taco bake!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote