South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #1  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Default STRESSED!!! and i want to eat my stress away!

The past few months have been hectic enough w/o todays events adding to it. Well my parents own a beach house in Galveston that they are planning to move to when they retire in 2 years. So naturally Ike is stressing my parents out like crazy. My dad hasn't slept in 3 days. The woman they rent the house to was supposed to board up the windows and take in all the outside furniture and secure everything as much as possible last week. My parents were going to pay her to do it. She took off days ago and didn't do any of it. So while im at work this morning I get a call from my mother saying that my father was having chest pains and his coworker called an ambulance. Then I found out that my grandmother's cancer may possibly have come out of remission and she was sent for an urgent cat scan this morning. I'm stuck at work. I can't leave until at least 4 and all I want to do is run to the dunkin donuts up the street and drown my stress in donuts. UUGGGHHH Sorry to vent, but I thought if I posted my urge I wouldn't give in to it.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Jersey thats what we are here for. to you for what is going on. I must say that running to the dunkin donut will not solve any of those situations - it will only effect you. Keep your head up!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Poor Jersey, what a stressful thing to be stuck at work! I can't believe they won't let you leave. Gonna is right, doughnuts will not help, just give you another thing to stress about. Hugs to you and your family and hoping that it is just a false alarm with your dad and that your grandma is okay.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies. The donut urge went away. I chugged some water and then had a cup of tea with some Equal so that kicked the sweet craving.

I can't leave work because it is only my boss and I. I'm his sales assistant. His wife just passed away. If I leave, there's no one to do either of our jobs. Thankfully I'm busy enough right now to keep my mind off of everything until I can leave.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #5  
Simply Filling Technique

Default Keep your hands busy, the mind will follow

i completely understand what you are going through. I have been having one of those kinds of years. I too have one very sick parent and one who needs assistance too besides being far away from home from my honey, "stuck here" working(TG I can from home) and dealing with a lot of issues from back home along with the ones I am dealing with here.

Donuts don't work. Prayer works. Deep breathing works. Talking to friends--hello?--works.

This too shall pass. I will pray for you, Jerseygrrll, and your loved ones.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #6  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi JerseyGirrl, I'm so sorry to hear about your turn of luck recently. Hopefully everything is okay!

Stress can really make us turn to awful foods and its a vicious cycle. (Believe me, I'm one of the worst offenders! I know where you're coming from!) You'll feel worse if you indulge, and more positive & stronger if you don't. I'm proud of you for drinking water and drinking tea instead of going to Dunkin Donuts. You did a great job.

I hope you update us on your situation and that when you do, it will be an excellent report.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #7  

Thanks girls. Pam I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. You are right prayers,deep breathing/meditation, talking to friends all will work a lot better than junk food. I hope things get easier for you as well. Thank you for your prayers, I will keep you in mine also.
Melanie I will def. give you guys an update as soon as I have more info. It sucks sitting here not being able to be there to know what is going on. I can't get in touch with my Mom. I guess she shut her phone off in the hospital. My bf was able to leave work early. He is on his way there now so I told him to call me ASAP as soon as he finds anything out.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

It sounds like you have a very kind & supportive BF, which is great in stressful situations like this. I was about to ask when you got off work but then I remembered you said 4, but you live in Jersey right, so I think the time zones are different. 4 is a little less than an hour away for me, how long before it's 4 for you? I hope the time goes by quickly so you can leave and find out what's going on.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11

I am very sorry you've had such a stress. Wow that is a lot for one day. Unfortunately (as you know probably) eating your pain away will just end in even more stress because you will feel upset about giving into temptation and the scale might react. So what I would suggest to you is doing something other than eating that might make you feel better. Taking a hot bath with a nice glass of red would be my choice after a day like that! Gosh maybe that sounds bad that I'd go straight for the alcohol, I didn't mean it like that lol
Old 09-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #10  

Melanie..we are in the same time zone, but now I can't leave until 5 I can do it. I'm keeping busy but time is draaaagging.
Autumn...i def. plan on the wine tonight! I'm more of a white zin. girl(I know I'm a wine wuss lol). Once in a blue, I'll have a glass of red wine but I REALLY have to be in the mood for it. I'll def. only have a glass or 2..anything more will just make me feel worse when I wake up tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #11  

Jersey, I just don't understand how people can be so inconsiderate of others. Hopefully insurance will cover the damage and your Dad and Grandmother will be all right. Gosh my heart breaks for you.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

JerseyGirrl, I hope everything turns out alright!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I seem to have passed the torch on to you. Sorry, sister. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. Stress eating has been the hardest obstacle to overcome, for me. All I can say is that you can do it! I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and have been stressed to the max, but still able to only eat when I'm truly hungry. For some reason it's working this time.

Don't worry about venting. We all do our fair share. That's what friends are for!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #14  
Healthy mommy

JerseyGirrl, oops, I can't believe I thought we were in different time zones. I'm from NY so you'd think I would know, but apparently it's been awhile.

Anyway, hope to hear an update from you soon and that everything is okay.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies...just wanted to give you an update. My father is ok. He is home now. They gave him a valium type drug to keep him calm with all the stress. He had a heart attack a few years ago, so they don't want that happening again. But of course, he refuses to take it. Instead he stayed up all night on Saturday watching the news to try to spot their house in Galveston, but it is on the west end and they weren't showing anything on that side because it is a total "wash out." They only definites that they do know is that the roof was ripped off and all the windows are blown out and of course flooding.

We won't know anything with my grandmother until tomorrow or wed. when the results come back. I stayed at my parents house all weekend to help with my grandmother. I came home last night and crashed and now I have a fever and a cough. UGH! One day life will be easier..one day!

Thank you ladies for all your thoughts and prayers!

Weezle thanks for the torch! Seems to be the gift that keeps on giving LOL. Hopefully it will rain soon and blow out for the both of us.
Closed Thread