South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Kim, Yes, it such a blessing to be able to conceive with PCOS at all for a lot of women! I will be just thrilled if it's happened for you, and hope you aren't just sick. If you are even thinking about conceiving in the next year, I hope you are taking a vitamin with lots of folic acid!

Can't believe you're going to make us wait the whole weekend...LOL.
Yes, I'm taking just folic acid by itself and One-A-Day Weight Smart multi-vitamins. I've been taking the folic acid for two years now, so I'm not going to stop taking that (besides, I take it at night, so I don't think that's it.) I'm going to take a break from the One-A-Day for a few days.

BTW, I want to go take a test now, but I will be patient. I will wait...maybe...
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #32  

Kim - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I managed to conceive Brian without Clomid after 6 months on Clomid. I think it made me regular just long enough but I was charting my basal so I knew for sure. I am STILL waiting for TOM to show up. He's almost 3 weeks late and it's really a pain since I want to get back on the Pill. My hormones have always been irregular and it's worse now that I am 45 but at least I don't have to worry about being pregnant (if you know what I mean). When I do get single, and meet someone, I do have to be careful though since the blood pressure meds I take are not safe to be on while pregnant (and I really don't want another kid at my age).

That was quite a runon comment. I'm tired, ladies. Yesterday I worked from 7:50 AM to 7:50 PM. I did get a 10 minute break to pick up Brian and microwave some hot dogs. Today I started even earlier but it shouldn't run as long. I do have a meeting tonight but it is a dinner meeting and Brian will be coming with me.

Robert didn't want to let Brian text me last night to tell me he picked him up (although he did finally) so I will be looking into getting Brian his own cell phone today or tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Robert gets my award as Jerk of the Year!

Kim, when I took those One-A-Day Weight Smart thingies, I felt like I was pregnant!

Just a fly-by after a quick trip into town for shutters which have to be ordered. I think I want to move to Toronto where you can just buy stuff! The lads are shirts off at the moment and I may take them out some lemonade and cookies.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #34  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Puppy update:

None yet, but I think they will be here by tomorrow morning. She has been panting and roaming the house trying to find "a spot". We keep putting her back in the box we have set up for her, but she will stay in there for a bit, then start roaming again. Those little pups are just moving like crazy in there..you can feel a little feet poking out on her tummy.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cat, has she stopped eating? That was always my signal with my Girls.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

Kim, when I took those One-A-Day Weight Smart thingies, I felt like I was pregnant!
Then that's probably what it is. I wasn't taking them while we were camping and started back up on Monday. Thanks, Ruth!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #37  
Determined to lose!

Hi all, I am ssoooo wiped out! The crew came in and devoured the entire loaf of bread with the entire bowl of tuna salad, both packs of pecan twirls, three gallons of lemonade and that was before the hike!

The boys wanted to go to conklin, which was where we went yesterday. Yesterday was a bit trickier as it had rained, so everything was even more slippery than today. I told the kids that if they get a bit ahead of us to make sure there's at least two together, well, they took that as "RUN!" All six teens were GONE! Nowhere to be found! Randy (the father) and I just took our time. I didn't fall where I did yesterday, but I didn't feel like climbing the same waterfalls we stopped at yesterday. They all went on to the top, which took them another hour to do! I was just relaxing and worshipping, what a nice time to just lay back against the rocks and close your eyes, listening to the waterfalls! SSOOOO relaxing!

Well, they came back SOAKED to the skin! There was a pretty good size "pool" at the top. The water was crystal clean all the way, so they all went swimming. Well, once they reached where I was my nephew slid down that waterfalls! Next thing I know I have six teens sliding pretty much the entire way back down the gully!

They ALL had a blast!!!!!! "That was the BOMB!" and my nephew saying he's gonna write his brother and brag to him what he did! I'm glad they had fun.

Randy and Clair are going to take my old couch and loveseat so that's one less hassle. They have six kids (three of which were not with us today) and trust me, their couches get wear and tear! I'm so thrilled I can help them out this way.

I'm gonna try and nap and try to do personals later!

HUGS
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #38  
Determined to lose!

Oh cat! How exciting! PUPPIES!@!!!!!! what kind are they (or will be?)
Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #39  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Kim, A lot of time the iron in those multi-vitamins is enough to make you want to lose your lunch. I took Flinstones for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy or so (and before) because they have all the vitamins you need but a little less iron so they are more sensitive on your stomach. I think the dr. prefers you take a big old prenatal but keeping in the Flintstones is better than throwing up the other. My girlfriend puked for like 18 weeks until she started taking the Flintstones vitamin--and immediately felt better.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #40  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, she hasn't eaten nearly all day long, then got real interested when I grilled some turkey and took a couple of bites. She's not drinking either. I gave her some ice and she just chewed it and dropped it.

Lori, Bijoux is a shih tzu+ rat terrier
Daddy Roux is a catahoula+austrailian shepherd
So we figured the babies are ratacatahshepherdsh*ts!!

Bijoux was an adorable puppy!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #41  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jessie - with DS1 I took the doctor's scrip of big ol' prenatals...but with DS2 (yes ladies, we found out today that we're expecting a boy!) I've been taking Shaklee's multivitamin with added iron (it also comes without - but I am prone to anemia), I also take an extra b-complex supplement that is coated in folic acid and a Omega 3 supplement. I had a ton of problems with the big horse pills the doc gave me, but haven't had problems with these at all. I also break them up into different times - they don't have as many vitamins as the big horse pill so I can take them in the morning and at lunch without any problems. Way better for my stomach, and Shaklee supplements are among the best when it comes to absorption levels. When I was newly preg. I threw up about 10 minutes after I had taken one and it had already dissolved.

My pee is also BRIGHT yellow from the b-vitamins....tmi, but funny. My nurse at the OB always giggles.
Closed Thread