South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
They dig a BIG pit, put a truck in it, with a bunch of water (mud), and see if it can get out. Most watching have a beer in hand.

Never went myself, but my co-worker was a BIG fan!

oh yeah DH will LOVE that....
Old 07-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! Little Guy's owie is healing very quickly thankfully. We're putting ointment on it and keeping it covered to try to reduce the chance of him having a scar there. Keeping our fingers crossed. He brought home his first picture from Kindergarten yesterday and it's of him with marks on his face and a big bandaid. Sigh. First picture from school and it's of him all beat up. It's on the fridge though. Poor kiddo.

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! It's been a long week. I'm ready to relax for sure. I need a new book. I read all the ones I bought a month ago.

Well, it's shower time and off to work one more day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Lisa
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well you all are chatty this morning! TGIF indeed! This week has drug on forever it seems. Not alot of time for personals today.

Cat prayers for the BIL.

Nessa enjoy the races! We are headed to the brickyard Sunday, 250,000 rednecks in one place! 2 nascar races in 2 weeks, I'll never get the red off my neck!

Typical day at work, then cleaning and laundry tomorrow with an early bedtime as we normally leave for the race about 5AM. Much later and the traffic is just unbearable! It's bad enough getting out.

I have had a great week exercise wise, yoga everyday and walking at night when the weather has allowed. GO ME!

Have a great one ladies!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #19  
Recovering Sugarholic

Nessa--NC is definitely the place to be if you like racing! My parents had a big old signed Nascar tire sitting on our deck in VA. Then they moved to PA where everyone thinks they are weird, they'd rather watch Nascar than Eagles!

In VA many 'necks I knew went "rooting." I think here they just call it muddin'. Which is driving your truck around in the mud. Woohoo. LOL. Not my thing. Recently a few teens died here in TN doing it too--they got stuck and the mud went over their tailpipe.

Baby is sure jumping around this morning. I've got work to do so I guess I should skedaddle.

Does anyone know where Laurie (beachgal) has gone off to? I miss her.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Friday morning to you all. I am so glad this weeks almost over with 2 aunt's a friend and pastors wife passing and then MIL faling out of her wheelchair and messing up her knee I need a break.

Been having internet problems at home and at work so it's been hard to get here.

Tonite is family dinner night (Ale House) is dh's resturant of choice then tomorrow is a day at the beach for my sweet peas (nephews) 1st bday party and then Sunday is church, grocery shopping and housework.

Cat my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Jessie glad to here your lil one is doing well

Have a great morning!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #21  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!!!! Happy Friday! Woo Hoo!!!!
Cottage - Sounds like your weekend is PACKED! Have fun on the tour today, try to stay away from those chips.....I'd be so impressed if you could just eat ONE!

Nessa - I almost lost my smoothie when you said "OY the life of rednecks with money...." Seriously, thanks for the morning laugh! Have a good time at the races!

Ruth - Have fun at the fair today. I know you "work it" and all, but I really hope you're able to have a good time with it as well. And it's nice to know that you are willing to be a plebeian like the rest of us and actually "BUY" rolls. Welcome to our world.

Cyndi - Hope yoga went well this morning and you got all stretched out. Enjoy the dry weather, I hope it stays around for a while for ya.

Cat - So sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope all goes well with the surgery.

Lorianne - Glad to hear that you got your computer up. Good luck getting out with the pup today.

Twynnb - Have a great afternoon with your dh. And have an even better time camping! Congrats on the new goal!

Pearlrose - I really like Natasha Bettingfield. Glad to hear that the concert was good. Have a good at the movies tonight!

Belle Mer - GOOD MORNING!!!

Weezle - Glad to hear that the boy is getting better quickly. I noticed yesterday that you and I have a common factor in our siggys.....Philippians 4:13. COOL!

Stephanie - Great job on the exercising......keep it up!

Jessie - Good to know that the baby is already an active one!!!

Gonnabe - Enjoy your break....I'll continue to be in prayers for you. Things sound rough. Hang in there!

ME - Chatty, chatty, chatty this morning! Nice to see everyone checking in today. Quiet day at work, but then I've got a chiropractic appointment. Then this evening Rich and I are headed to the OC Fair. We LOVE all of the people participation stuff (baking, collections, photography, etc....) and we ALWAYS stop to see the "WORLDS LARGEST HORSE" . And I cross my fingers that there are little baby animals in the nursery. Should be a good time, but I'm worried about what I'm going to eat. I've been working really hard and the weight is SLOWLY falling off. I don't want to do anything tonight that will slow the process any more. I think I'm really going to have to strategize.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday, Ladies!!!
ENJOY!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-25-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

still going

Just checking in and have a question. All is busy with the end of swim and the start of school. Looks like everyones week is ending better than it began hope it stays that way.

I think I need to start focusing on portion sizes now. I found a list once before but I couldn't copy it for one reason or another and now I would really like to find it again. Any ideas where I can find one? I understand what I am suppose to eat it is the portioning that I need. Maybe that would help me get past this block I seem to have with going below my prebabies weight.

My weekend looks like a quiet one. Well as quiet as a mom with 4 kids can have. Need to get the girls rooms done. Got it done 1/2 way 2 weeks ago and then lost interest and now it will be like starting all over.:ugh:

Everyone have a great day and a safe one too!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #23  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning BUSY ladies! You sure have been posting a lot this morning.

Today was our day to sleep in as DH doesn't have to teach until 10:30. For some reaon DS knows it is sleep-in day and does the same.

I really need to get cracking on getting ready for our vacation. I've got most of the laundry done, but I need to do a bit more. I also like to get the place spic and span before we leave so I don't have to come home to a mess. It is pretty clean, but I always do a deep clean. I also have to get to the butcher to pick up some sausage - I'm making a gumbo for my dad's birthday and getting decent cajun sausage in the midwest is almost impossible.

Mel- To answer your question from yesterday, I'm 27.
myspace.com/mshefnerifyourenasty My myspace if you want to know anything more. My husband is on there as well.

Anyway, I should probably start getting breakfast ready...I have no idea what to have. I'm really craving eggs and toast...but we're out of bread

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #24  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ah, Zeff...you are the same age as my baby girl. So that seals the deal..you have to move here instead of N.O. or B.R. I need a shopping buddy. Since my daughter moved to LA last year, shopping is just no fun. (btw, she doesn't look as "hard" as those pictures look...the makeup artist pretty much painted her. Those eyebrows they drew on are a hoot)

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-25-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #25  
beachin'

Cat - BR isn't too far from you, eh? We could always meet up and do some shopping...You are about the same age as my momma (well, actually quite a bit younger, she's 58)...and she lives 1300 miles away.

Your daughter is beautiful, btw. Nice genes.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #26  
I can do this!!

Morning beach buddies!
Hope everyone is having a good day...
Cottage: Have fun at Herr's. (no herr's, utz or tastee cake here..guess thats a good thing) when we go back to visit family we stop at herr's and amish country..that's another story...
Nessa: Have fun at the races...Where in Md are you...I grew up there.
Cat: Thoughts and prayers with your family...got my jillian dvd yesterday..might start this weekend.
Pacergal: Have a great time at the brickyard...well be watching..cant wait til Nov..going to phoenix race...go Tony!!
Me: Going out to eat w/Hubby...first time on plan...really nervous! After that maybe a movie...
Everyone have a good day...
Sara

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #27  
Recovering Sugarholic

Zeff, Wow, you are a young momma. I am 26 and I feel like no one else my age is having babies. I've been ready though for years. If DH had not been in school I think we would have started even earlier!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #28  
beachin'

Jessie - We weren't exactly planning DS1 We were planning to wait until DH was out of school...Oh well, you can't plan everything!

It seems like everyone down here is having babies...I feel like the oldest person ever when we're at the OB.....a lot of REALLY young preggos around here.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #29  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Cocow I am in Baltimore county.... but we are true road warriors at heart.

where in MD did you grow up?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #30  
I can do this!!

I grew up in Baltimore county...went to Dulaney High School and Towson State.
I lived in Phoenix Md and Whitemarsh/ Parkville area....Moved to Colorado about 5 yrs ago...My family is in Forrest Hill...
Closed Thread