South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #16  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning, really tired today. I have one more cake to make for DS2's teacher for teacher appreciation week. I'm supposed to go to lunch with my best friend today but I don't think I"ll be able to because I have to get this cake done. And grocery shopping. Again, scale didn't move much. It went up .2 but that's because I ate alittle something right before I weighed myself. I went walking with the little ones yesterday. Didn't realize how hot it was. When we got home, baby's faces were red. But we did get to see a little (well he wasn't very little, he was actually kind of big) fuzzy black catepillar. I stopped the stroller for DD to see but everytime I would move, the catepillar would follow the stroller so I just left it alone. Well, gotta go get the dishes done before baking again. Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #17  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I missed you Kim - hope you have a great weekend

Nessa be sure to keep us posted
Old 05-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks you are a chatty bunch this morning. I have no time for personals right now, I am in the middle of trying to tidy up for our Mothers Day BBQ. A zillions things todo as I have been so under the weather that I have felt like doing nothing. The sun is shinning and I have my windows open blowing out all those germs. I had a clean eating day yesterday and even drank water. Yeah me. Well gotta to dash have a great day I will try to pop in later during nap time.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks! We have had 3 inches of rain in the last 36 hours with more expected today. So much for getting my garden in.

Wish I had more time for personals but I have a stack on my desk already that isn't going to go away by itself. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore!

I need to get to the store this weekend, I had nothing to bring for an afternoon snack today and that could prove to be dangerous!

Hope everyone has a great friday and stays dry!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls, hope the end of the week is reaching you all in good spirits.

I have to take DH to his car in a little bit (we accidentally left it on campus), and then after we get home I have baking to do! We're leaving to go camping this afternoon and I have a lot of things to bring. ww muffins, roasted chick peas (thankfully I soaked and cooked off the chickpeas yesterday), grilled chicken breasts. I also made some cc cookies for DH and the rest of the camping bunch, although I did make them with ww flour, splenda and smart balance so I could probably have one if I wanted. We'll see.
Then to pick up our tent, sleeping bags and ice chest from our storage unit and then onto the grocery store to buy a few things that we're going to need for the weekend, although we actually don't need much with all the pre-cooking I've done.

Have a great weekend, girls.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #21  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Holy Moly! There's a lot of you up and attem' this morning! Let's hope it's a sign of a good day!

Cyndi - Thanks for getting us up this morning. I hope you enjoy having your Friday's off. That would be really nice for summer. Hope yoga went well and you're all centered!

Cottage - As I shared earlier, I LOVE storms. I hope your's was a good one, not too damaging, but amazing non the less. Yes, survivor was AMAZING! Really felt sorry for Erik. LOVED James' comment at the end about him not being the dumbest player. Poor kid. Should be a fantastic finale on Friday.

Nat's mom - Hooray for babies sleeping through the night. So sorry that today is the funeral, but nice to know that you have something to look forward to this evening. Enjoy your date!

Cat - New camera, eh?!?!?! I would LOVE to see more pics. You really have an amazing eye for composition. And you made mother's day easy on your dh....how nice of you!

Pearlrose - Work out AND steam cleaning after work, you're amazing. It's all I can do to just get dinner and lunch for tomorrow put together. Great job!

Ruth - Have a wonderful day today....sorry to hear that your friend is leaving.

Princess - Have a good day, enjoy the sunshine!

KO - whispering we won't tell that you're posting!!!! keep it down ladies!

Kim - Sorry to hear that your morning isn't going so well. I HATE it when things disappear into cyber space. It really SUCKS! I hope it gets better for ya!

Gonnabe - Sounds like you have a WONDERFUL weekend ahead of you! Enjoy it all!

Nessa - I hope all is well. Sending peaceful thoughts your way.

tk - Yeah for caterpillars, they are so amazing to look at and then to realize that they become beautiful butterflies. I hope you get your cake done.

l/c - Hopefully the sunshine will help to clear everything out and you will have a clean, healthy weekend. Don't work too hard, remember you need to be honored as well.

Stephanie - Be good this afternoon. Hopefully you'll get to go to the store on a break. Snacks are too important!

Zeff - Have a fantastic time camping! Way to plan for yourself! Great job!

Me - WOW, after all that I have to hussle to get my own stuff in, but it's good catching up with everyone. I'm so tempted to play hooky today, but I need to go in to work today to help with the book fair. Other than that, however, I'm not sure how effective I'm going to be today. Looking forward to the weekend. USO tomorrow morning, dinner with our really good friends (we're grilling), and then for Mother's day all of the ladies in our family head out to the day spa for some pampering. I'm just hoping the weather is nice enough for me to get some color. My legs are frightful!!!! Have a fantastic Friday!
ENJOY!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #22  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, from the old hen.

Weather is overcast again - it has been like this for the past five days, but the sun came out in the afternoon yesterday - finally. But it is gray again and will probably stay this way for a few more days. It's nice to be cool, but the overcast doesn't help one's disposition.

I bought a new window air conditioner at Sears on Wednesday. The salesman said the installer would call me in the next four or five days to set up a time to get it installed, but he called yesterday, and by 5:30 last night, it is in and looks like it will run very well. It has a remote control and turns itself off and on depending on the temperature. I hope that's my last big expenditure for a while. I have had so many things to repair and buy since I got laid off last December. I need to win the lottery.

Yesterday, I sang with my choral group in a program at the local senior center - first time in 10 years or so. I used to do a lot of musical comedy theater but stopped when no one seemed to care if I sang or not. I had a solo - "My Funny Valentine". Due to the fact I haven't used my singing voice in the past few years, it felt and sounded rusty and awful. But once I had an audience, it opened up and I had a ball. So, I have to keep doing this. My only hobby. But I ate the meal they served and it was horrid. Won't eat there again. No wonder older people get sick with food like that. chicken in tons of gravy, rice, roll with butter and white cake. I ate some of it as I was hungry and today the tummy is objecting.

Today, I meet a friend on the other side of L.A. for lunch - we are going to a barbeque place we used to go to when I was working there so I know I can stay OP. Tomorrow is more soccer - this time I will see my DGD play two games so it will be an all-day outing. She is so good and fun to watch.

Have a lovely day.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

hey all just checking in...
Boomers sounds like a lot of fun!!! cottage..

I will be enjoying the sun today... Although my outside now will be in the car DH and I got called into work.. were at the office now. We'll be heading out soon. I grabbed a snack and made lunches for us.Ick.. we normally don't work on Fridays... But it will be a nice day out... I'm sure it'll be fun... I will get an ice coffee out of the deal
I'll check in periodically to check in...
TL:Wake up sleepy head!!!

Zeff: goodmorning..

gonna be: good morning to you also...
to all!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey chicks, it's Friday, but shhhh...
I can't let my brain shift into Friday mode yet. Not if my plan to only do fun things that I want to do this weekend is to succeed. Too bad the weather does not look promising for outdoors stuff.

cottage, I thought last night's Survivor was great too. I was thinking that it's one of the seasons I wouldn't mind having on DVD. Very fun so far and I can't wait to see the finale on Sunday. Poor Eric. He just wasn't up to the challenge of those 4 females. I think he never quit being a fan long enough to really play the game well. Even when he was voted off, he was still starstruck. I do admire Cirie's skills. I think she's the best ever at manipulating people in a way that they don't know or don't mind it.
Nat's mom - hooray for sleep! Have a wonderful date night.
Cat, don't worry the pictures are never boring. I enjoy seeing your work. So true about working from home, it's definitely a mixed bag. But for me it beats a 60-mi each way commute!
Ruth, glad you and meowee (and Hershey) had a good visit.
Have a great Friday pearl and tdi.
Um Kier, why are you covered in flax? Did I miss something?
Kim, I did the same thing last night with the overdosing soy sauce. I need to get some low sodium, esp if the sauce will be reduced. Hooray on school being over!
Gonna, I don't know who Steve Harvey is. Is that bad? sounds like a yummy mom's day dinner for you!
Nessa, what made your doc think you have a clot all of a sudden? You get your butt in there, that's nothing to mess around with! Please report back asap.
tk, good luck getting your cake done!
lc, glad you are having a good day and feeling better and have a chance to dry things out. Hope you have a fun BBQ!
Have a fun camping trip zeff.
Hope you dig out from under Stephanie.
hmacneil, spa day for the ladies, what a great idea!
Hi krosmom, you should definitely keep up with your singing. Sounds like it gives you a lot of pleasure. We all need our hobbies. Enjoy your cool air. We don't have central ac in this old place either so we have window units in the bedrooms for the summer. It'll be time to get those out soon!

Check in with you chicks later!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #25  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, TDI. Sorry you had to work this afternoon

I'm done baking! The only thing that isn't done are the chick peas, but they are in the oven. Should be done within the next 20 minutes or so. I got all the plants watered and all the clothes packed. I need DH to clean out the car when he gets home but everything is ready to go in the garage.

btw, have I mentioned that I love love love love love love love LOVE Taco Bake? I don't know what it is but it's the coup de gras of comfort food. I think I like it even better with the brown rice and black beans.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-09-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

SChmoo I eat flax every day and today it flew all over me!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #27  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I know we have alot of stay at home moms on here and with mothers day being Sunday I figured you might want to take a look at this

http://www.news4jax.com/money/16212472/detail.html

I also posted it in general chatter section as well
Old 05-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #28  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'm at work. got here at 1 after yep an ultrasound and blood work.

here's the scoop:

my left leg is 2 inches bigger than my right leg in the calf area. AND it's new. so the doc thought it might be a blood clot.

no clot (yep i did have to have an ultrasound)
but i have a cyst (sometimes called a Baker's cyst) but it's like 5 centimeters above my knee (not behind it as expected)
I also had Blood pressure of 136/96 which is very very bad for me. so i had to have a metabolic panel done. AND she wants to put me on potasium, diuretics and hypertension pills. from 0-100 in 15 minutes. UGH

but she did not say i could not do yoga....
Old 05-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sure beats a clot, Nessa. Strange place for a Baker's cyst though. (I think I have one on my left knee at the front - sort of an extra small boob.) I hope the diuretic works well for you.

I'm home from Ottawa Airport and still have my dear dog. She really took to Meowee and vice versa. We had a picnic lunch on the way to the airport and M. fed her strawberries! It may just be cupboard love.

It's too late to do any gardening today so I'm going to just goof off. I need to work a huge plant sale tomorrow morning so need to build my strength.

What a busy and chatty group of Beachers!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #30  

Nessa - You may find you have to keep a close eye on your blood pressure as you lose weight. I was on three blood pressure meds (one was a diuretic) when I started SBD years ago. I had to keep adjusting the dosages down and eventually got off all but the lisinopril. Good luck. I'm glad you get to keep up the exercise.

I had friends visit today from New York that I hadn't seen in 6 years. I am so glad my team leader let me take a couple of hours to spend a long lunch with them. They know my husband well but are sympathetic to me and think he needs some real help.

Tonight Brian and I will be going to a Wood Badge beading which is a lot of fun. Last night was Cub Roundtable with the annual auction. Brian got himself a 17 inch TV for $7 in Cub bucks (fake money). He was so happy!
Closed Thread