South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #46  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

LOL Beachgal..yes I live near an IKEA(please don't bonk me) I live in north jersey..if u travel 15 minutes from my house in any given direction you are guaranteed to hit a mall..I live in the consumerism capital of the world lol
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #47  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

"Carla, does the Better'n Peanut Butter have sugar? I heard it was really good, but thought I'd checked before and found it to have added sugar."

well, maybe, I think so, "...tapioca syrup? rice syrup?...dehydrated cane juice..."
The nutrition label says Total Carbs 13g, fiber 2g, sugars 2g, other carbs 9g.
I like it because it has half the calories and only 2g fat--1 poly, 1 mono.
I don't think it tastes exactly like peanut butter, and I would not eat it just by the spoonful. I DO like it on apples. Usually I mix it half and half with natural Smuckers because it lowers the calories and makes it creamier.
I am going to try to make a whipped PB with the Smuckers next time I think about it.
Karla
PS--I wouldn't say it was really good. It is ok.

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 04-30-2008 at 04:36 PM.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #48  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

we use trader joes natural peanut butter... smuckers works too.

but yep syrups and cane are key codes for sugar.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #49  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Not there yet....

We have a TJ's within a couple of miles from my home. It moved in a couple years ago. I just haven't been there yet. We get their flyers which are very creative and fun to read but all of their advertised specials sound high buck to me. I make everything from scratch and have for decades so I don't buy a lot of those "convenience" foods.

I will let you know what I find that I like when I go there. It will be soon, I promise.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #50  

I cleaned my pantry, fridge and freezer yesterday. Today I am off to Trader Joe's. I found I also had the older paperback South Beach Handbook for the GI index and since most of the foods are the same for phase 1 I will carry it with me. Wish me luck for staying on the list.
Kathy
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote