South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #16  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

TK - my son (who is 2) just had tubes put in on Feb 7th. He went into surgery at 8am and was up and running around the hospital room by 10:30am. The surgery lasted about an hour then when he got brought back to the room I cuddled him for a bit, then he was up and ready to get moving! We had to stick around until just about noon so they could monitor him but he was ready to go way before that.
My daughter had her's done when she was about 3 1/2 and we had pretty much the same experience with her. She had part of her adenoids out too.
I don't think either one of them had much pain afterwards although they did give them tylenol right after the surgery and then I gave them another dose once we were home (just in case). By the next day they were definitely pain-free.
DD had mild hearing loss before surgery and it was amazing how quickly her hearing came back and her speech improved. Her sleep & moodiness improved drastically, too. It's still too early to tell with DS, but I expect his speech to catch up very quickly now.

**edited to add:
It took me so long to write that, that you had more posts! DD did have a sore throat for about a day b/c of the adenoid removal and had to eat soft foods for a day or two. The kept her a little longer b/c of the chance of bleeding but we were home before bedtime the same day.

Hope everything goes as smoothly for you & dd!

Last edited by Kelly J; 02-19-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #17  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

yeah, i know i'll be glad to have it done. I'm tired of going to the doctor every two weeks just to find out her ear infections are still there and worse. I know it'll be better in the long run. I just don't know how long the surgery will last and if she'll have to stay overnight. i'm worried and feel her pain afterwards. Kids are so strong. They are soo much stronger then me.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #18  
Trying it again....

kelly-yeah, the doctor said that she's already had hearing loss because of how long it's been and how delayed she is in her speech. But he did say that she will catch up extremely quick and will be back to a normal child with her speech.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #19  
Determined to lose!

HELP! Cyle brought in brownies! Now, I can steer clear of the weekly donuts... but brownies are a weekness and these look ggggooooddd! I told him to bring them downstairs with him, but he didn't, they are in the next room and I'm the only one up here most of the day! YIKES!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #20  
Trying it again....

Yummy brownies!!! Eeeeeeeewwwww bad brownies. Keep distracted. Don't think of them.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #21  

Morning. I was way off plan this weekend but I amback on today. Actually I wasn't way off Iate on plan but v-day candy did me in and the party All they had was carbs and barbque. Gosh it wasn't even good so it wasn't worth it. I did eat mostly salad and a little of the potatoe I left the corn on the plate and stayed away fromt he cookies and brownies. I did drink two glasses of sweet tea because the water tasted gross and I don't do boxed wine(LOL) and beer is GROSS!!! and then the next day it was just a spiral downhill from there.

BUT the scale reads 2 pounds less today? I think it is lying again. LOL

Back on track today!!!

Tammie
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #22  
Determined to lose!

GGRRR. Mark just came into my office with a bag full of candybars! I told him to leave! That he and Cyle have a death wish!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Things are going well here. Just got out of class and I have a ton of homework to get done before I leave on Thursday. Not fun. Anywho. Since I'm back at work, I really need to be out in the field. See you all later!!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #24  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone.
Ruth-losing weight from being nauseated and in pain isn't fun, but it happens. Remember that your body needs protein and proper vitamins & trace elements to heal. We use more protein for wound healing. Your metabolic rate may be increased, even though your activity might be decreased. This can be from your body's healing processes and actually from the pain. Those might explain some of the weight loss. Are you able to get up and fix yourself meals or are you hurting so much that you are eating less than you should because it causes more pain to stand and fix meals??? Make sure you let others help you. Best wishes for quicker healing, no pain and feeling better.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #25  
Enjoying The Beach!!

S/C/G: 131.5/114

Hi everyone! Been too long since I've checked in on the daily chat. Things are dragging along here. Got my house up on the market, me & the hubby are separating... kiddos are off from school this week and of course they're always bored to death being home!

Hope everybody's having a decent Tuesday!!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #26  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Liamy good luck to you and your family

I tried this high intensity treadmil workout on my lunch break and boy was it high intense.

Just wanted to check in and say good afternoon to everyone
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #27  

Lorianne - I grew up in Tampa myself. Graduated from University of Tampa in 1985. I've got Old Bay. I'll have to try that next week.

tk - My son had tubes put in and his adenoids out when he was around 3. It didn't take very long and he was released before noon. I remember he had a little bit of nausea for a day but I don't know if it was from swollowing blood or from the medicine. His throat was sore but not for very long and he did fine with soft foods. It was exactly what he needed. He has rarely had an ear infection since and his hearing is now normal. We used ear bands and custom ear plugs to allow him to take swimming lessons in the summer until the ear tubes fell out.

Ruth - I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Me - Nothing major going on today with work.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi all! Quickie for me today. I can't seem to get everything together to check in in the morning. It's either do the exercise or go on-line, and I'm sure you can all guess which I've been choosing...

Ruth, Tom's uncle just had surgery for prostate cancer and they told him he'd need to eat 6,000 calories a day to maintain his weight because of all of the energy his body would be using to heal from the surgery! He was overweight to begin with and of course he couldn't eat 6,000 calories, so he did lose a lot of weight in the couple weeks right after the surgery. Your body is working hard! I'd say it's more important to feed what you feel you need than to try to get a certain amount in every day. Focus on your proteins and nutrient-rich fruits and veggies!

Hugs to everyone else!

I've been straying a bit and am trying to pull things back together today but am struggling. Always a battle!

Kara
Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick checkin before I hit the treadmil & watch th biggest loser. I'm feeling a bit tired but I am hoping a lil walk on the treadmil will change that.

Will try & check in before bed
Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Today I learned a lesson I won't forget soon. Apparently for some people even one very careful serving of sugar free chocolate is too much. Now I'll go curl up in a ball again
Closed Thread