South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #16  

Morning.

Sorry too sleepy for personals. The wind was so strong last night. LOL my windows kept rattling and then some lovely neighbor decided at midnight to rev up/race around in a truck or motorcycle. Was very loud. Hope everyone that is sick starts feeling better.

I have to clean up again today. The babysitter was here last night with the kids and the house is kinda messy. Did I mention Idon't like housework? LOL I so need a maid!! Or less messy kids

I did have a great time last night. We went to a fancy Italian place for a celebration for a friend who made director. One of my friends and I split a plate. We split the steak and she ate the potatoes and bread. I ate steak and the veggies and salad. LOL She did eat a few veggies but not many. I didn't get any pasta! Most everyone had creme brule(sp) and I skipped that. I did have a cappucino. I am sure it was made with full fat milk but no cravings today so I guess I am ok.

Tammie
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Neko: It appears we were simulposting! February is that kind of month for me as well. I just don't know how it's all going to get done. Oh well, we'll get through it! Hope you have a great, not so boring day!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kim guess we were simul posting Thanks for the thoughts and concern for me it means a great deal. Enjoy your day today
Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Tammie: Congrats on sticking so close to plan for your dinner out last night! That's great! I hope I can do the same when my parents take us out this weekend. Hope you have a good day and that you get some sleep tonight!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #20  

Thanks Kim. IT was scary at first because all I saw when I opened the menu was pasta. My friend found the steak and said lets split.

Tammie
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hey chickies-nothing excititng here. The couple we had over for dinner also brought these little bitty bread sticks so I had a few of those. But I wrapped up the rest and MADE em take em home. Chicken served over veggies and whole wheat pasta was wonderfully made by DH. Noone noticed it was whole wheat I dont think.

Kim can you post or tell me where to find chicken enchilada recipe. thanks.
didnt walk lasat night but will tonight. scale is still stuck.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
Neko: It appears we were simulposting! February is that kind of month for me as well. I just don't know how it's all going to get done. Oh well, we'll get through it! Hope you have a great, not so boring day!
There's a bunch of simulposting this morning. I guess we all have alot to say today.

Maybe February just seems busier because we're missing a couple of days.

tammie Great job at the restaurant! I find eating out is the hardest thing to do because everything is sooo tempting. I doubt one whole milk cappucino will do anything. Cappucinos don't have nearly as much milk as lattes anyways.

SAnative That's a good idea. Making your guests take home food you can't have.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mornin' everybody!

Cat, I was thinking of you yesterday! It was DH's birthday and they had a mardi gras dinner at church that he helped with, so I brought a cake over there. I decorated it with green and purple frosting and sprinkled gold glitter over it all. I hate that you were stuck at your computer!!! The fluidity bar sounds incredible...it's SO great to find something you like! Let us know how the results turn out!

Good luck, Cyndi. Can you get a laptop so you can work from home on days like this? I don't know if you have that kind of job or not, but I know it's a lifesaver for lots of my friends.

Darling Ruth, I'm so glad to "see" you. You have me in stitches with your "only a few of them let me rub their tummy." I fully believe snuggling with a puppy is good for healing, but not if they're so excited to see you that they bop your knee! I hope you're on the mend soon so Hersh can be home with you. Though she's having fun with the HPs, I bet she misses you tons too. You bop that doctor onna da head if he doesn't give you good pain meds. Grrr....

LC, organizing sounds like a GREAT plan, and I bet it cuts down all the time everything takes, too! Hope you're doing it from BED...I'm so sorry about your cold...why do they always have to come during TOM???

Wow, TK, you have your hands full!!! Hope the youngest two feel much, much better soon. Have you tried a humidifier? There's always my MIL's trick...put all the kids in the bathroom, turn the shower on as hot as it will go, give the kids a big towel and instruct them to shove it under the crack in the door after you close it. Don't let them come out until they feel better. DH says he has lots of memories of being closed in their steambath of a bathroom and yelling, "Moooo-om, can we come out yet???"

Pacer, I haven't tried yoga with my new pup, but our last one was just like yours. I used to do yoga with her in her kennel and she would give me such sad eyes! You could always check out "Yoga for You and Your Dog..." Glad you and your family are okay.

Tina, I think the 3 year old might be able to do that walk. Might be worth trying it...glad you got out in the nice weather!

Love the new avatar, Bellaluna! I've never seen a thunder snowstorm, but I've heard of them. Must be incredible!!!

Me:
It's rainy and yucky here, too, but at least it's not that cold, right?

Off to the gym after work and then a quick dash home to put on street clothes and off to mass for Ash Wednesday. I guess I'll shower when I come home? Hope I don't put off the people in the pew near me!

I making dinner tonight--DH and I do the "fasting" thing for Ash Wednesday--only one big meal and little snacks throughout the day. So I'll have just a WW bean and cheese burrito for lunch (a little frozen one) and for dinner we'll have butternut squash and pear soup (I wish it had more protein, but it sounded yummmmmmy! ) with some Irish cheddar cheese and yummy WW bread. I think soup will be delicious on a day like this one!

My nutritionist didn't tell me if I lost or gained when I was there yesterday. Not sure if that's good (he forgot) or bad (I did so badly he didn't want to tell me?). He wants me to continue to avoid the scale--he thinks that it's bringing up some of my emotions about eating and weight and he wants us to deal with them. That's been a recurrent theme for the past week. Did anyone else see the Oprah special on weightloss surgeries for teens? They talked a lot about changing how we feel about food and our psychological addiction to it. One girl came on that had WLS in 1994. She's now 21 and realizes that she became an alcoholic after her surgery. She couldn't overeat to deal with things, so she started drinking. I was thinking, "but how did she drink enough to get drunk???" but it turns out, I guess, that people with gastric bypass get drunk much more quickly with a small amount of alcohol than the rest of us do--the alcohol just goes straight into their small intestine, basically, so it enters the bloodstream at a much higher level than it would if it were processed for a while in our stomach.

I know that I can handle not eating to cope, but what do I do instead to cope? And how do I deal with the real reasons why I'm coping in the first place? I'd love to hear about how any of you are dealing with the emotional/psychological piece of losing weight. Does anyone have any good resources they can recommend? I'm all ears!

Have a great day everyone! For those of you who celebrate, have a blessed Ash Wednesday.

Last edited by beachgal; 02-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #24  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Tammie I hope you get some rest tonight

SA glad your diner went well. for your dh

Laurie sorry but I have no advice for coping with loosing weight seems since I've been going tru all this other stuff I can't focus on loosing guess thats why I keep going up & down on the scale. Good luck with the nutristionist.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #25  

Laurie-Maybe try journaling. I know in the past just sitting down and writing what I was feeling helped a lot. As far as during weightloss I don't know. I am an emotional eater. LOL I have always turned to food when I was happy, sad, glad, mad, you name it I ate because of it. Talking helps a lot but if it is private stuff maybe journaling would help.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #26  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Gonnabe, Everyone has times where things are just far too much for them to manage and try to be healthy, too. Just do "triage" until things are easier.

Great advice, Tammie! In fact, I've decided to make journaling for 10 mins. every day my Lenten commitment! (our priest emphasises that you can either give up something for Lent or you can add something...so I'm adding something) I think the really hard thing is that a lot of the time, I really don't know what I'm feeling. I wish I did...but it seems that the feelings are too scary for me to even contemplate (which is why I want to drown them in food, I assume... ). Does that ever happen to anyone? It's so frustrating, but it's also a very scary thought to go after those feelings. I was thinking about that yesterday when I saw something on TV where they said that once you decide to deal with the feeling, you suffer it for a while, but then it goes away...for good. You just have to ride it out. It's still a scary thought, though! SARK, one of my favorite authors, says you have to hold hands, take a flashlight, and examine your "dark" places. I wonder where I can get that kind of flashlight?

BTW, Tammie, I'm so happy for you that you discovered and made such awesome choices at dinner last night! Yay for you!!! I think drinking a "decadent" coffee drink during dessert can really help you avoid feeling deprived...so I think the cappucino was a GREAT idea!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #27  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

I got an apt for the eye doctor for this saturday morning so my that maybe the headaches are due to needing a stronger eyeglass perscription.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #28  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Girls:
Ugh I've been in my mega funk between my lyrica induced swelling and just some wierd things with DH. THe DH stuff is getting better but My doc wants me to get compression stockings for my swollen legs (so sexy!)
I'm going to try to WATP today
and journaling those are my goals for lent. I Can't go to get ashes today the weather is too iffy to go out.
Went to DH's parent's church last night for shrove tuesday it's small but nice it was his dad's birthday.
I gotta go get off my butt!
Kier
Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

Hi Kier I hope you get to feeling better soon

at lunchtime I tried one of those cocoa via chocolate drinks (my boss bought them for us to try) the taste wasn't bad but the calories 150 for small bottle and 24g sugar - she said they are suppose to be healthy????
Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #30  

Yes, Laurie I have that same problem. Feel sad moody depressed and you have no idea why. I was like that last week. My hubby kept asking what is wrong thinking he did something wrong because since I was so moody I kinda snapped at him a few times. It is hard to explain to someone that you don't know why you feel the way you do and it isn't their fault. I know with me it was that time of the montha nd I had just started phase 1. I know that even if I can't verbalize what is wrong I can sit at the computer and just type and all that I am feeling comes out. If I try and go back and read it it is all jumbled but after I write it I feel so much better. Of couse last week the pizza made me feel better but I don't want to turn to food anymore. So I think I will join you in the journaling. I can't journal in a notebook though. MY OCD kicks in and if looks sloppy I tend to stop and rewrite and then a whole nother set of problems happen. So I type my journaling. LOL I can do that with my eyes closed!!!

Tammie
Closed Thread