South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/185.5/135

Height: 5'1

YAY i GOT A sIGNATURE!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #17  

Morning Everyone. Today makes a full week on SBD. I did have one cheat day and had chicken wings but other than that I have done really well. I think I have lost about 3 pounds. HMM probably more but am slightly "stopped up" LOL I think my cravings are gone though. I want certain things but they are all legal on phase 2. Like it would have been nice to have a peice of toast with my egg and turkey sausage this morning but I didn't have to have it and I don't feel deprived without it.

Kara good luck on your move. We are moving in May to Ft Eustis VA. I am glad and sad all at the same time. I am tired of Ft Hood TX but I will miss some friends and such. This should be our last military move since we can technically retire this summer. We will probably retire in about a year and half.

I had the munchies last night too. I drank some milk since I didn't have any yesterday. I know that I get the munchies at night if I don't eat enough protein in the day.

I hope everyone with crazy weather today is able to stay warm. It's chilly here but very pretty and sunny. The wind yesterday was crazy it was about 30-40 mph.

I am off to menu plan and then to the grocery store.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #18  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Tammie, you are so right about the protein! I had whole wheat waffles for breakfast instead of my usual eggs or oatmeal. That might have started the whole monsterofaday off on the wrong foot. I did have a humungous problem with Triscuits, come to think of it, so I wonder... Guess the kids will get to enjoy the rest of the waffles that are left over!

Yay Nicole! Beautiful ticker!

Kara
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #19  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

good morning. well it's cold but sunny outside today. yesterday was really ugly. raining really hard with fierce winds and tornado warnings. I'm supposed to start phase one today but we planned to go to a really good steakhouse tonight. It kind of was something we planned before I chose to go on a diet. I don't know but some of you might know it, it's Logan's Steakhouse. If I start today, what can I eat from there? Or should I just save myself and start phase one tomorrow?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks!

Quick check-in cuz I'm still on vacation and not supposed to be on the computer Sounds like we are missing an ice storm at home and leaving here in time to miss a snow storm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get all our flying in between storms (and apparently the Super Bowl which was completely below my radar!).

I'm thinking I'll need a week of P1 when i get home. Turns out instead of eating everything in sight I have no appetite and have had to force myself to eat what little I have. My meals are not what they should be - not much vegetable content and some things I haven't eaten in 4 months. I'm looking forward to getting my body back on track.

Now I'm going to catch up a little and see what you all have been up to while I've been away
Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Morning everyone!
Well I did well yesterday-- got all my water in, ate correctly and then decided to workout... so my fiance dedcided to by this Core Rhythm lating dance thing-- so a friend comes over - we clear out the coffe table -- and we start the Kick start-- well, not too bad although I quickly realize that I dont think I was meant to be a latin dancer!! but I get through it -- and got an ab work out from our laughter! SO then we say-- well lets try the 20 minute Quick Workout-- ladies-- I almost wet my pants laughing-- #1 its not just the three main moves that they teach you-- we had no clue what we were doing-- we were bumpin into each other, our moves were nothing like theirs-- so finally we just turn it off- although-- its buggin my-- I dont like thinking I cant master something-- I am gonna have to try again - with no one around! So we put in a pilates video-- I actually enjoyed that -- hard and muscles screamed for me to stop BUT liked that... my friend on the other hand had never done pilates and I got the giggles watching her face as we moved to another postiion...

Today, yes I can feel the sore muscles in my abs and hips the most.... but good feeling... I have my meals planned for the day and-- ready to complete another battle of the buldge today!

I am proud of all of you who made it through the munchies yesterday! Keep strong and please dont send that bug my way! LOL!

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #22  

I had the munchies too! It was horrible. I drank about 2 cups of milk, and then a ton of water. I was trying to get to sleep so I could be well rested for school, but I got stuck watching t.v. and sipping milk and stayed up 2 hours past my "bedtime".

Next week is going to be a big one for me. I have test almost every day. Shewwww. But I am sure I will survive. My husband just thinks it is evil for professors to have a test the day after the Super Bowl. I do not think that any of my professors watch sports. :P

I can't believe it is Friday! Yeah! WooooOOOoooHoooooOOOooo! Kara, I made the oatmeal bars last night. I must admit I stood in the store staring at that huge box of dried milk thinking, "Boy, this sure is a lot of whatever this stuff is. I hate to buy it for one thing and then never use the rest of it". I bet I spend five minutes shaking the box and doing the math about how many times I might use it before I remembered your post to another member saying to go ahead and invest in it because you will definitely use it for the oatmeal bar recipe, again and again. Well, you were right. The oatmeal bars are excellent, and I am so happy to have them to grab running out the door for school. And I would have never bought that box of "stuff" without reading your post.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am all smiles, even though I am dreading going to classes today. I am all smiles because...

I just weighed...

and I have lost 5 pounds.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #23  

TK- You can have steak, chicken, or shrimp and steamed veggies. If your doing phase 1 avoid the bread basket and potatoes. Steakhouses to me are the easiest to eat on plan. Not as many temptations for me. I am happy with the steak and veggies. Now Italian and Mexican restraunts are not so easy for me.(and their my favorite!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #24  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

tammie-thanks. so i can start today and not worry about feeling guilty tomorrow. i'm gonna go look for my recipe for breakfast this morning.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Good morning. The nice thing is most of the ice seems to have missed Northern NJ, so it's just been rain. The only problem was it must have been icier in the very early AM, so the ramp from 287 to 23 was closed going both ways, I had to drive way up to make a U-turn so I could get to work.

Happy to say nobody smashed their little fingers last night witht the hammers. I was worried about that. Now all I have to do is plan a skit and a centerpiece for the Blue and Gold dinner. Our theme is Mardi Gras, does anyone have ideas?

I loaned my copy of South Beach to my co-denleader last night. She needs to lose some weight and her doctor recommended South Beach or Weight Watchers. I told her South Beach was free and she could even borrow my book.

Glad to see everyone made it through the munchies. Those late night cravings are the hardest part of watching what you eat.

tkglennSteakhouses are easy, just get a small steak and they always have some sort of vegetable side, usually broccoli. Caesar salad with no croutons is also allowable on P1.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

tkglenn, good luck with your dinner out. If you can avoid the bread basked you should be fine. A lot of steak houses have a big salad bar, and you should be able to find things there too.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Hi Neko!

What exactly are you planning b/c I can help you with idea for Mardi Gras!
and when it the event?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

TK, I'm a vegetarian and I actually like steak houses because they tend to have EXCELLENT salads. They've also been surprisingly accommodating in steaming veggies for me. Good luck!

Cyndi, glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation! Be safe on your travels home!

Cajun, you had ME laughing just reading about your workout. I used to joke that I'd burn as many calories laughing at Denise Austin as I would actually doing the workout. She cracks me up!

TN, You rock! Five pounds is awesome! "Munchies, be GONE!"

Neko, I'm sure our Louisiana gals will chime in for you. The only suggestion I'd have is to make masks, but I don't know if boys would be into that...

I'm off to bed. It's way past my bedtime!!!

Kara
Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #29  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Kara. Spin class those are tough. Enjoy your last yoga class.

Missin congrats you got your sig - I like that ticker

Tammie good luck with planning your menu. Dh and I are doing our tonight for tomorrows grocery trip

TK grilled & steamed options are the best, no bread or heavy sauces. Enjoy & good luck

Cyndi glad you poped in and I'm glad your enjoying vacation. Whats going on with you not having an appetite?

Hiya Cajun sounds like that is just the way to enjoy working out

Intech on your 5lb loss I'm all with you

Neko way to help a friend out - hope it works for her

Dh just emailed me and may have to bail on our lunch date what to do now
Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies!!!

I got today off since I have to cover for someone tomorrow night at work, which is great because we got over 9 inches of snow, so I have a snow day with the kids today. We are going to go sledding in a bit

This morning I worked out and since everyone else was still sleeping after that, I went ahead and shoveled the front and back sidewalks. I am tired now....

I have to ask because I do not know what this stands for WATP- I am curious as to what workout this is?

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread