South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Tina, Hooray, a lb is definitely something to celebrate here in the real world!
That's what I can't stand about that show. Maybe if I wasn't trying to get healthy, I would watch it as pure entertainment and it wouldn't bother me. But I know lots of chicks here on 3fc who are trying to lose weight watch it and I wonder if it doesn't skew your thinking a little bit. Those people that have only lost 3 or 4 lbs in a week, get that look of failure on their faces and I'm like what? Are you crazy? I'd be through the roof. (If I were weighing, which I'm not because I've risen above all that) Of course I'm not maybe gonna get a big wad of cash for losing it either.
It just makes me happy that Survivor is back in another week. Now there's a dose of reality for ya.
Those of you that had the James love going last time will be happy to see him back! I'll be rooting for Jonathan Penner, Ozzy, and Yau Man myself. Hopefully some of the newbies will be cool too. After the disappointment of last season, I have high hopes for a great one this season.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Schmoodle....Yay for Survivor...that's my fav show...the world stops turning when it comes on! LOL
I am looking SOOO forward to seeing all the Fav's again, with the exception of Jonny Fairplay! YauMan and Ozzy! James and Jonathon! wow
it's gonna be a great season! I'm sooo excited!
Tina
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Just a quick check-in for me. I've inherited a terrible respiratory infections from somewhere! I'm just happy that it's not this new flu strain going around our town. It's so nasty that a US gov't health rep is coming here to check things out!! Anywho. Day two missing work AND class this week and I hate that. I'm going to go make some more tea. Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Hi all! Another cold snowy day in Alaska. This is going to be a looong day. I will be at work until 8pm and am not looking forward to it!

cottagebythesea: I specifically bought the honey clusters because it was recommended on a cereal forum somewhere. It is within the recommended fiber/sugar ratios. I guess it's too good to be true!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Stephanie soak up all that silence and enjoy it

Kara thanks for the protein tip I will keep it in mind

TK glad you & dh are working things out maybe now you van get back focused on your healthy lifestyle

Hi Jules - Good luck!

Schmoodle the bowflex - my dh works out on ours twice a week and per doc I can start the 6 week program next week. I hope it works for the both of us

Tina those are some great words you shared with us and so right you are. on your 1lb loss - here in the real world thats what a 10lb loss on the show

aww Kim you poor thing

I was feeling pretty good til one of my awful headaches just hit me and boy it hit hard. I sure hope when I do the cat scan they will be able to tell what causes these crazy things
Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Kim, get better soon!

Somebody fill me in on Survivor! I haven't seen a single promo! And is Lost coming back soon??? I'm all confused after the season finale from last year so I hope they do a recap or something. Oh, TV on the TV and not the computer! I can't wait to sit on the couch to watch TV!

Kara
Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Kara...Survivor...is going to be a team of 10 past favorites...and a team of 10 super fans, it's going to be in Micronesia, and it premieres Feb 7th! and I'm sooo excited
tina
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, just a quick check in! Glad to see everyone is doing well
Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Hey Ladies! Another lovely day on the beach eh?
I'm almost halfway through Ph1 and to be honest with you I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I guess that's a good thing though right!?

I think having you guys around to help me through it has helped greatly so thanks.

It's a sunny snowy day outside and I'd much rather be playing out there with my doggies instead of being stuck at my desk at work!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #25  

Hi

I am new to this board but thought I would jump in a say hi. I introduced myself in the p1starter thread but will also do it here.

I am a military wife hubby just got home from 15mths in Iraq. We have 2 children boy 6 and girl 9. We live in Texas. I have done sbd before with great success. I need to lose about 63 pounds. I am on day 5 of phase 1 and it is going really well. I feel in control but fear I wont feel this way long. silly fear I guess.

Kara what part of Germany will u be going to? We were stationed there for 3 yrs I LOVED it and would go back. Hubby could retire this summer but probably not until next year. So unfortunatly we probably wont be going anywhere else. I loved the shopping in Germany. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Hi Tammie!!

I'm on my 6th day of ph1! I also worry about the long term... especially after phase 1 is over.

Good luck! The ladies here are great and have kept me motivated this far along.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hey Chicks- I'm at week 4 but got a terrible headache this morning. I realy dont think I had enough to eat yesterday. I ate my salad at 1030 today, then went to have second lunch at 11 at a cafeteria. the Luann platte is like childs plate-anyway I had the fish almondine, didnt care about the small bread topping, portion of pinto beans, wheat roll (only ate a few bites) and fruit but brought that back to work, was too full for it. Anyway headache is mostly gone. After my work last night, I kept seeing what husband calls floaters in my eyes and then this morning with headache. Oh well, dont need my afternoon snack.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #28  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Tammy glad you joined us.

Hiya shesaninja I'm glad your feeling great - keep up the good work.

Decided I am going to start wearing my pedometer again and tracking my steps. I got away from it when I went through all the family things back in Sept/Oct. It made me feel good at the end of the day to have accomplished the 10,000 steps. My stupid headache is still lingering just not as bad - I so hope it leaves so I can hit the treadmil tonite.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #29  

Brian and I and three other boys and their parents visited with a troop last night. I was surprised how many of the leaders I knew. Now Brian has to decide between this troop and one other that he really liked. The only downside to this one is that their summer camp overlaps the Cub Scout Twilight Camp so I won't be able to go to summer camp. I know Brian will do fine without me either way though. The other troop is camping the week after Twilight Camp so I'm going to see if some of their boys will help staff Twilight Camp.

Tonight we have nothing planned and I have dinner in the crockpot already so I plan to take it easy. I might go ahead and print out the "M" book for camp and start putting that in page protectors. It's about 60 pages so the sooner I get it done, the better.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Tammie! Glad to hear your husband is back safe and sound. We spent five months at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo back in '04 and enjoyed Texas very much! We're off to Ramstein in March - can't wait. Did you guys live on base or off in Germany? We're looking into buying a house so if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!

Barbara, good luck to Brian on making his decision!

Gonna and Shes, hope that headache clears up soon!

Tina, thanks for the Survivor breakdown! We'll be home on the 6th so I'll get to catch the first episode!!!

Hey, Rose!!! Glad you checked in!

I'm about to get my exercise on and then start my day. Have a lovely night!!!

Kara
Closed Thread