South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cottage: I'm glad that you'll be seeing the sun soon! Decoupaging Christmas cookie jars sounds fun - are you using glass jars and Mod-Podge? Let us know how they turn out as it sounds like a cute idea!

Kara: Yay for ignoring that cookie dough temptation! I'm just going to make gingerbread and shortbread this year as neither of those are a big temptation for me. Ya'll don't have kitchen-cleaning tornadoes there?

Schatzi: I sure do envy you and everyone else on the bunny slipper brigade. I'm still trying to work it out where I can stay home and just go to school for a while. Sigh. Your future shopping sounds like a lot of fun! Could you pick out a birdhouse for me? I've been meaning to get one for years!

Loriann: I agree with everyone else - just eat a salad pre-party or at the party. If you HAVE to indulge in pizza, just try to make sure it's a thin crust. Those pan crusts are killers!! Maybe you could have a drink like malibu and pineapple (rum with pineapple juice - just make sure it's real juice) or 7&7 or diet coke and rum! That way you won't have to deal with the syrup and "frankenberries"!

Dawn: Have fun in the kitchen!!

Cyndi: If you've got a chance (whenever, no rush), do you think you could post the roasted brussels recipe? I love them, but DH isn't convinced yet! Thanks!! Hope the bird count goes well - you'll have to let us know how it went!

Ruth: Have a great workout! Maybe I should invest in some more undies! Sounds like my supply is dwarfed by yours! Good luck tackling that pile of laundry!

Schmoodle: I hope that you have a lot of fun working the fundraiser!

Me: I'm only working half a day today. We've got to figure out the vacuum cleaner thing and I need to work on getting the house clean for dinner tonight. Well, I'd better get going! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #17  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lisa! Rhea is a beautiful name and I'm sure she's a beautiful little doll! I have three kids - one young man (6) and two little girls (3 and 1). They are amazing motivation, aren't they?

We sure are glad you've joined us! Day three on Phase 1 was the hardest for me my first time around. I was quite grumpy. *So* unlike my usual self. Push through; you'll be feeling incredible in no time!

Check in often!

Kim, the kitchen-cleaning tornado came through in spurts. Tom came in from the TV room to sweep for me and I did the dishes, so we're back to normal now. You made me laugh!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-14-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Lisa, glad to have you with us! You've picked a tough time for Ph1, but I'm sure you can do it! Here's some Looking forward to many chats in the future.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #19  
Proud Diet Mama

S/C/G: 224/222/165

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Kara and Schmoodle! Rhea really is the best motivation I have- (Because sometimes I have no idea where she gets all her energy!) [and thanks for the name compliment, *smile* my husband actually picked it!]
I'm definately doing my best, and all the wonderful ladies here are a huge inspiration.

I'll most certainly be around!

Last edited by carnalunacy; 12-14-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #20  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Carnalunacy glad you joined us.

Cottage your day sounds busy yet nice for the girls - enjoy

Woo Hoo Kara such great will power. Can you send some my way I as I have to make peanut butter cookies for DH this weekend

Loriann to you for company party - I hope you at least have fun

Cyndi be sure to bundle up and stay warm. Your crockpot chili will come in handy with the cold weather

Ruth your a hoot! Be careful out there today. Enjoy your gym workout and have a great time with your sis

Good luck Kim!

As for me I am a bit down this morning because the scale is up (3.2lbs) I had a rough week with being sick and then T.O.M. will be here any second - Hey theres always tomorrow right?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

Gonnabe, you can do it! I gave myself a little Beach-friendly treat before I started baking and it helped because I felt like I had already indulged in something. (Then I gave myself another little Beach-friendly treat afterward, too!) I am so very sorry your scale isn't being nice to you. Mine is still on my bad side.

I'm off to bed. Have a great Friday, all!

Kara
Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #22  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Kara I needed that.

I am just feeling so down on myself with the whole being sick thing and then the T.O.M. thing and then the scale it's just all so overwhelming
Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, you (as in a general "you" not anyone in particular) have GOT to be KIDDING me!

I got on the scale today for my official end-of-Phase-1-beginning-of-Phase-2 weigh in, and I'm BACK AT 139!

After all of that energy and will power it took to not eat any cookies last night, I GAINED FOUR POUDS YESTERDAY???

That is so NOT NICE.

So that brings my Phase 1 loss to a whopping NOTHING. Very motivating.

Grump. Grump. Grump.

Kara
Old 12-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, weigh yourself again tomorrow. I'll bet you'll see a difference then. But I do know that for me, I only saw a big loss the first time I did Phase 1. Every time I've gone back to it afterwards, I was lucky to lose anything at all. When I redo Phase 1 after the holidays, I'm basically only doing it to "cleanse" my body and start the new year off right. Hang in there, and just think of all the good you've done to your body.

It was a pretty good day today. It started off with the girls' Christmas concert at school this morning, and after that I dropped Maggie off at a birthday party while a friend and I treated ourselves to a leisurely lunch at a new restaurant. After picking up the girls, we spent the rest of the afternoon decoupaging cookie jars in preparation for our cookie-baking and decorating party next week. Cindy even let me go an hour early so I could get to the bank before the rush-hour crowd. We just enjoyed a nice supper of Mojito Salmon and roasted green beans & mushrooms, and later we're going to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" on TV. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Kim, I bought plastic jars for the girls to use, I'm afraid of using glass around them. They started off decoupaging them, but then went a little crazy putting stickers on them, too. Oh well, I encourage them to do their "own" thing and express themselves. They still do look nice, too.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to the Beach, Carnalunacy! You are a brave woman to start Phase 1 now, congratulations! We hope you'll check in with us often, and I look forward to getting to know you better.
Closed Thread