South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fit and Fabulous FRIDAY!

It's a delightful morning here, cool with a gentle breeze. I'm airing out the house with the doors and windows open.

I'm only working until noon today, then catching the train into the city to meet my daughter for some shopping and a late lunch, then we're going to see "Hair!". Monica will drive me home tomorrow after we see Caitlyn off to Bar Harbor, ME, where she'll be working the next 2 weeks as a mother's helper.
I have a little tummy upset going on right now, so I hope that passes before my day gets going. In the meantime, I'm going to skip my Curves workout.

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good heavens! I have a lower "tummy" upset this morning too, Cottage. Are we twins? I am seriously considering skipping the gym until things resolve themselves.

Today will be mostly taken up with working a Bingo for the Fair Board. Please don't tell me to have fun! It is never fun, just something that I have to do. I am thinking very hard about something fun to do this weekend as an antidote - maybe go fishing? There will be traffic jams on our lakes next weekend when the bass season opens!

Actually this will be the last quiet weekend around here before the hordes of folks descend on the village for Canada Day/ July 4 and a huge music festival at a farm just outside town. As a Director of their board, I'll have to attend the opening of the Festival but will probably listen to most of it from the back deck. It's the Kutter Farms Foundation which raises money for special needs kids so they can have swimming lessons and ride horses. My friend Caron is spearheading this. She also will be the owner of the pool which is still WIP and plans to have water aerobic classes when it's finally finished. I'm first on that list!

OK - I'm going to get ready for the gym and just do it! I always feel better after and it will set me up for the frassing Bingo!

What are you doing today and this weekend for FUN? I need ideas!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

It's cool here so far, but in another hour or so, I know it's going to get brutal!
My son (Beau) gets his knee stitches out this morning, but my husband is going to bring him as I feel kind of "iffy" about driving on the interstate with my eye thingy going on. I'm going to hit the grocery store while they are gone. Trying to get work done early so I can spend the afternoon cleaning the house, washing sheets etc. My daughter (Marie) is coming to spend the weekend with us and Beau's girlfriend is also spending the weekend, so I want make sure everything is nice for them. (My daughter is moving to Los Angeles on July 5th, so we are trying to spend as much time as we can together and I'm trying not to think about it too much. She is 26 and we have never been more than an hour away from each other. She's my best friend and I am devistated, but understand why she is going. sigh.)
Our older son (Graham) may also be coming in for a visit, so it looks like a busy weekend of feeding people (which I love to do!)
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #4  

Just loverly this morn here in NC!

Cottage: Hope your tummy feels better. Have a wonderful time at the musical... how did your hair turn out?

Ruth: Water Aerobics sounds like such fun...

Femme: Sounds like DS healed up right quick~ and having your whole family around is a mothers dream.

I talk to the head of HR for the company that I plan to say "yes" to ...other than that, walk the pups and enjoy the day~
Old 06-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

you all have such lovely days planned...

1. the scale moved DOWN .8 again.. i hate the scale... i feel great however an look pretty hot this morning in black clam diggers, black sandals and a hot pink tee

2. i am working ALL DAY even though hubby is home (and was awake when I left) and the day is GORGEOUS I may walk at lunch...

3. dinner is home alone hubby is going dirt track racing (he watches now no more demolition derby driving for him)

I wanna thank all of you for loving me yesterday when i was so bummed out.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Yeah Nessa! I want you to know I always enjoy your no holds barred posts, and glad we could all help you get through yesterday! This is why I love this group so much and am thrilled that I found it!

Ruth & Cottage hope you both feel better soon! Femme, enjoy the family this weekend! Schatzi, hope you have an enjoyable day!

Me? Hoping for a calm day at work. It is raining here and I hope it just chills everyone out! I love making people homeownership dreams come true but man this business is getting rough (especially when you are one of the good guys!).

Praying for the rain to go away tomorrow as I have a yard sale planned and junk spread out all over my house!

Have a great day all!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #7  

Good morning, everyone!

Nessa, so happy to hear that the scale's moving in the right direction and you're feeling better!

Ruth and Cottage, I hope you're both feeling better soon.

Sounds like a great weekend ahead for you, Femme.

Congratulations on accepting the job, Schatzi. What a great feeling!

I'll take all your rain, Pacergirl! My grass needs all the water it can get.

As of this morning's weigh-in I've lost 20 pounds!! I'm feeling great and really motivated to keep going. The kids and I are meeting DH for lunch today. Other than that, I have a couple meetings to schedule and tonight I'm going to a party. Should be a fun day!

Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks, the kids are now home from school for the summer. Well my babysitting kids, my are not home yet. One is still away her dad is picking up her marks and the other is going to a friends beach party. Life is great when you are a teen.
Ruth and Cottage- hope you chicks feel better soon.
femme enjoy your family. Hope all is going to be well with your eye.
Nessa you have the best attitude, and everyone is entitled to a down day. Nothing better than looking hot in a great outfit to make the day.
pacergirl hope the rain goes away and you have a great yard sale.
Me- nothing much, getting things ready for vacation only 8 more sleeps I am so excited.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

carynm - we were posting at the same time. Congrats on the 20 lbs.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carynm View Post
As of this morning's weigh-in I've lost 20 pounds!! I'm feeling great and really motivated to keep going. The kids and I are meeting DH for lunch today. Other than that, I have a couple meetings to schedule and tonight I'm going to a party. Should be a fun day!

Enjoy!

AWESOME
Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Cottage Your afternoon and evening sound like so much fun! Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Femme I love to be surrounded by family as well. I just love a houseful of people and cooking up a storm. My mom also loves it when all four of us are together. I honestly don't know the last time that has occured. Maybe at my wedding six years ago.

Ruth Hope your tummy feels better. I also won't tell you to have fun at bingo.

Nessa Sounds like your day is off to a much better start today. The scale can certainly play mind games with us, that is for sure!

Pacer I need to have a garage sale myself. I did one a few months ago, but it wasn't too successful. My mom and I have talked about doing one in her neighborhood. I could just cart everything that didn't sell right over to the Goodwill.

Schatzi Congratulations on your new job! It sounds very interesting. Exactly what will you be doing?

Me- My inservice was great yesterday, tons of good ideas! Today is a day of FREE fun for my kids. Yippee! This morning we are going to a friend's church where they are having a petting zoo and pony rides. Then we are home for lunch and naps, followed by a trip to the park and a picnic dinner. My older DD is very excited, although she is EXHAUSTED! It is 8:45 here in Texas and she is still dead asleep. She needs it- she loves summer time, but plays HARD!

My eating has been hit or miss the last two days.... I need to kick it into high gear today and the rest of the next week for our June weigh in. I don't think I will make my goal, but will be happy if I put a dent into it.

all around- have a great day girls!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Nessa, I just made your oatmeal bars and they are stupendous! What an amazing concoction! Have you ever frozen them? I'm thinking of making a couple batches since they're so easy and keeping them around for when I need a quick breakfast. The kids and I just signed up for a month-long Korean culture and language class which meets every weekday morning for two hours, and these bars could be a huge help to getting me going in the morning. Goodness knows I won't have the time to spend making a frittata every day when I have to get all four of us ready and out of the house by eight!

I hope the tummy troubles go away! Connor and Kadyn were down with a bit of a bug today, too. Must be "going around".

Congrats on your twenty pounds, Caryn! That is awesome!

Here's hoping the kids wake up happy so I can go to yoga tomorrow morning instead of being stuck inside with throw up all day!

Kara
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #13  

LC Morning!

Caryn 20 pounds down is FABULOUS! Congratulations!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

All of us posting at the same time! What a morning!

Kara
Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF Ya'll!

All I can say is that I am SO relieved that Friday is here!

Cottage: SOunds like you have a great weekend ahead of you! I'm sure it will be enjoyable! Hope the tummy problems clear up.

Ruth: WTG getting to the gym! Your tenacity is certainly something I could use! Ok, don't have fun at Bingo, but be sure to have some this weekend! Fishing sounds delightful!

femme: Wow! Looks like you've got a fun family weekend ahead of you! Don't worry, your daughter and you will be fine. I did the same thing to my mom at 23 and she flipped for a while. But now, we're closer than ever and REALLY cherish the time we have together!

Schatzi: Congrats on the new job! I'll be rooting for you and the pups on your walk today. I bet there'll be a pep in your step after talking to HR!

nessa: Hey sexy mama! I'm looking at the same situation today...DH at home, beautiful weather, and an office full of work to do. Sigh. We'll get through it!

Pacergal: Just wanted to say hi! Hope everyone chills out for you!

carynm: WTG! 20 lbs is awesome!

little chick: Oh how I miss those teenage years with my buddies on the beach! What a great time for her! Hope you get some relaxin' in!

Kiko: Wouldn't it be nice if all of us could sleep in until 8:45 during the summer? Sounds like a great day for you and the kiddos! Have fun!

tomandkara: That sounds like a great class! I am really envious! (My best friend is Korean and I would love to understand more about her culture! I already know that the food is great!)
Closed Thread