South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I - First Week of April.

This thread is for new folks, old folks restarting and anybody working on Phase I. Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. )
Old 03-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #2  

I'm in now, I just have to.............
Lynda
Old 04-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/251/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking Eek! New to SBD-starting today

Hi everyone! I am Suzanne and I just wanted to say a quick hello from a new comer to this website and this forum. After choosing to try The South Beach Diet just because it makes sense to me, I started to think that starting on April Fool's Day might not be the greatest but I am marching forward anyways. I look forward to the advice of those of you who are pros here and forgive me for my rocky start using the message board.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Suzrbeth! Any day is a good day to join us on the Beach! We have a lot of good advice, helpful stickies, great recipes, and some great chats here. If you have any problems finding your way around in here, just ask!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #5  

Since I'm coming off of Medifast can I still use my shakes? I'm feeling kinda of lost not having an established routine. Is there a carb limit? Or a carb to protein ratio? Daily calorie limit?

Last edited by LyndaGW39; 04-01-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #6  
Getting my body back!!!

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking Starting 4/2/07

I'm starting tomorrow and am so ready for it. I am sick of eating all of this fast food, it just makes me feel gross, knowing the terrrible things I am putting in my body it is nasty. I need to respect my body and health because I depend on it and as of right now I am treating it like Sh*#... So with that said Hello to everyone!!!!! I look forward to speaking with all of you...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

OKAY! Day 1, here I am! Feels great to start the day off right!! Here's the menu so far (I'll update it as I eat!):

B: 2 eggs scrambled w/onions and green onions, 8 oz. ff milk, 8 oz. V8, One-A-Day multi-vitamin.
S: 1/2 c. SF jello
L: 1 6 oz. canned salmon in water, 2 c. salad veggies, 1tsp light mayo and 1 TBSP oil and vinegar dressing (no sugar), 1 SF fudgesicle
S: 1 HB egg, 1/4 c. SF jello, 1 ps mozzarella string cheese
D: 1 c. taco bake, 1 1/2 c. salad veggies, 1TBSP oil and vinegar dressing
D: 2 SF Fudgesicles
H20: 80 oz
Workout: Takin' it easy for day 1!

I really need to hit the shower, so I'll try and chat with everyone later! Have a great day on the beach!!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 04-02-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is day 10 for me, physically I feel much better without eating all the junk that I had become so accustomed to. My clothing is loser and that is enough to thrill me in itself. I've lost 7lbs in phase one to date and drop into the 8's for weight. Next stop 7's even though it could take longer to get there. I can't wait until I need a belt!

I do think i've made some mistakes with my phase 1 choices though. I've eaten a turkey hotdog and i've also had pre marinated pork tenderloin. Is it horrible to make mistakes like that in phase 1? Is it really going to effect the outcome?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #9  

I am back and planning on restarting tommorrow. I did plan on a restart today but daughter was up around 4:30 this morning and I used this as an excuse to drink sweet tea and eat raisin toast. I am making one of the recipes from this board for dinner though. Will try to finish the day as healthy as I can. Another problem that I have been having lately is that I am really burnt out on salads and just don't want to eat them anymore for a while. I feel like this will hinder my progress. My worst time for cravings is at night while I am watching TV, but now that we moved the computer to the bedroom and I can watch TV and be on here at the same time at night that may hinder some of the night snacking. Hope I can find the will power to keep at this. I feel so much better when I am eating like this. Granted that I started my time of the month this weekend I really did feel like crap when I ate a huge carb filled meal. It made me have headaches and sick to my stomach. I have also felt very drained and tired. I need lots of help and support with this chicks. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm back this week. Hopefully I can do better with posting. We all came down with stomache flu last week. So not good on Phase 1 cause all I wanted was crackers to eat. I didn't weigh in either so not good. I will have a better week.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #11  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Hi All

I just started today (again). I have a wicked headache, but I think my body is just missing is crappy junk food, so this is its way of getting back at me.

Good Luck to All!!
May the force be with you...
Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #12  
Getting my body back!!!

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Oh Fishbulb, I just started today too and my head is also pounding!! I don't drink caffiene, but I love sugar and carbs and the withdraw is all coming from my head...I feel your painIt won't last forever so let's keep on going! Sending hugs your way
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Welcome new chicks and returnees - somehow that sounds better than "retreads"!

Lynda, what are the ingredients in the Medifast shakes - not the nutrition, the ingredients? Phase One is a detox stage and processed foods and simple carbs are to be avoided. Calories and percentages are not an issue at this stage. Just be sure to get your dairy and legumes plus tons of veggies. Have you read the book?

Fitnessgurl, you are so right. We need to love our bodies more!

Kim, you are on track. Looking forward to your updates.

Oops, your halo is making its way back onto your head! Good going on Phase I.

Ciarasmom, don't be too hard on yourself. Life happens! Good for you getting back on the beach buggy today. Salads become a drag after a while. Veggies can be eaten other ways though. Check out the roasted veggie recipes.

Keeper, when we are sick, we have to eat what makes us feel better. Not to worry! You are back on track.

Fishbulb and Fitnessgurl, carb withdrawal is bad but it does pass. Remember that legumes and dairy are good carbs. Be sure to include them as it helps.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #14  

Have a question. What exactly is a legumee? Sorry for the dumb question.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Not dumb at all! Legumes are things like dried beans and peas. Good stuff!
Check out the Phase I Foodlist. These are good and slow carbs that don't cause your blood glucose levels to peak and then drop causing cravings!

(By the way, the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!)
Closed Thread