South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:47 AM   #1  

Default Wow it's Wednesday on the Beach Chat

Just crankin us up fer the day before I head back to bed.. Couldn't sleep a wink so off to count some sheep. Be back later gals!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry you had a "white night", Schatzi. I hate when that happens. I guess you could be over-excited about buying that lovely land.

I woke at four but managed to go back until 6:15 when Lucy decided it was time to get me up. I'm sort of wobbly this morning with low blood sugar but breakfast will fix me up.

Friend Claire is coming over this morning with some knitting patterns for me and I just MUST tackle the darn kitchen floor before she gets here. I had planned to do it yesterday after the furnace guy had traipsed through but that didn't happen as I had to go to pet therapy as soon as he left. Grrrr. I just cannot do things like that in the evening!

I think winter is finally here as it's 12F here this morning and we got snow yesterday - time to put away the Crocs and dig out the winter boots. It's been wonderful but we need the cold to zap the germs that seem to be floating around. Some of the nursing homes in Ottawa are now closed to visitors as there's a bug like Norwalk making the rounds. Wash your hands a lot, eat healthy and stay rested, Chickies.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

I'll tiptoe so I don't wake you Schatzi!

I got up a little earlier so I could use the weights, whoosh I can't believe I have to try and keep my eyes open.

School is too much for my old brain..........

Off to work in the ER for the next 3 days, hopefully I can keep doing the weights, it's hard for me to run on the days I work because it's dark when I leave and dark when I get home.

Haven't heard from my dh since he landed in England....I'm wondering if they have internet over there????

Well, gotta jet, hope everyone has a great day. I packed my lunch last night so I won't be tempted by cafeteria food.

Hugs
Old 01-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, chickies. How's the beach weather this morning?

Schatzi - Hope you didn't have to find too many sheep to count.

Ruth - Enjoy your knitting visit. If you find any good patterns, you must share! I'm a pattern hound. Knit, crochet, sewn...whatever. Stay warm. We're supposed to get another cold front through tomorrow evening, and it's bringing ice.

RNMOM - Look at you with the weights! I can't force myself to get up any earlier than I already do. Hope your hubby calls soon.

me - Another day in paradise here. I remembered to turn on the crockpot full of beans before I left the house...should be able to make chili tonight. This morning, I need to return a couple of calls and then drag my nearest 2 coworkers into an issue with one of the planes. That could take up most of the day.

Brought leftover scampi for lunch, but have to hit the caffeteria for salad because I'm out of lettuce at home. The girls and I will go grocery shopping after work. That'll be fun.

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #5  

Good morning.

Knitting sounds good. I got sort of addicted to yarn a couple of years ago. Not necessarily finishing many projects, mind you, but buying yarn and starting projects. Crocheting, not knitting. I got even more addicted to reading knitting blogs even though I wasn't knitting.

I started phase 1 yesterday, even though I know I'm likely to only do one week before my travel next week. I was fine until evening, when I wanted something. Which I dealt with by going to bed and reading. (I started The Red Tent, upon recommendations here.)

RNMOM, I can't imagine going back to school. My best friend, a 49 year old family physician, just started working towards a degree in Public Health in addition to working full time and being a mom. Makes me exhausted just thinking of it.

Have a good day, all. I'm off to work, somewhat of a late start.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, I seem to be getting in here later and later these days! Right after Curves I stopped in for coffee and a chat with Mom & Dad, and as soon I got home my DIL called, wanting to know if I can watch Amber on Friday and Monday, as she doesn't have school. Audrey & Maggie will be thrilled to have Amber spend the day with them!
Still no loss is showing on the scale, although I've been completely OP. I guess that initial 4 lb loss last week was all I'm going to get for a while.

Schatzi ~ Are you still sleeping, or are you lurking? Have a great day with the ! When are you done with this course?

Ruth ~ One of my SILs gave me some great cross-stitch patterns, and I've been meaning to get busy working on a project. It would be a pleasant way to spend these long winter evenings. I just can't get into knitting, though, I spend most of my time pulling out my mistakes!

Jet ~ Mmmm, chili sounds pretty good, we're having the SB Turkey meatloaf tonight, though. Have fun grocery shopping with the kids!

RNMOM ~ So how's your Phase 1 coming along? I'm in a stall right now, but I'm still hanging in there. I admire you for getting up a little earlier so you can work out before going to work,

rebel ~ I hope you enjoy reading The Red Tent, it was one of those books that after I was finished, I was looking for more.

I have the rest of the morning ahead of me, with nothing pressing to do today. I think I'll pick out a crosstitch pattern and see if I have the right colors of floss on hand.

Have a great OP day!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks, the weather is a little chilly here to this morning, but the sun is shinning they are calling for a little snow this afternoon. I woke up tired this morning... don't know why I slept well. I treated myself to some new dove soap calming stuff smells so nice, also bought some vitiams and some new foundation.
I really don't want to eat today, I am can't wait til next week so I can add a little fruit I am eating tuna right from the can for breakfast. I did though offically weigh in this morning and I am down 5 pounds.
Well I must dash for now, I need to check the fire which I am having a hard time keeping going and try to do a little house work. Have a great day I will pop back in later.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all!

Well, it's a pretty warm West Texas morning here! Woke up (late) and it was about 45* out.

Schatzers: Sweet dreams! There's not any sheep smileys so I gave you a cow. Hope that helps!

Ruth: I wish I could come visit you for a week so you could teach me to knit. I've tried it on my own and I just couldn't make any sense of the patterns. Have fun with Claire and I hope that kitchen floor will stay clean for at least a day.

RNMOM: Great job getting up and getting your weights done! I know you can continue to do it! Hope you hear from DH soon.

jetsetter: Your job sounds interesting! I would rather drag coworkers into situations about planes rather than the tax rates or ratio value studies. Your scampi sounds delish, but DH is allergic to shrimp and ours isn't exactly fresh, so alas, no scampi for me!

rebel: Good luck on P1 this week! Reading is one of the best ways for me to get my mind off of eating! I've heard of the Red Tent. Could you please let me know how it is!

Cottage: Have fun with your cross stitch! (I have a set of pillowcases that need to be done--wanna finish 'em for me??) Sounds like a fun Friday and Monday with all those girls!

ME: Had a good after-work time yesterday. DH and his boss are out of town, so I went walking at the track with the boss' fiancee. It was a lot of fun. We walked a mile and it didn't even feel like we were working out! It was great! We're going again tonight and are going to plan on doing it 3 times a week. Yippee!

I went and saw the movie The Holiday with some friends last night! I hope nobody here liked it, because I thought it was AWFUL! We almost left, but thought that it might redeem itself with a great ending. NOPE! I'm just glad that we have a tiny theatre that's only $4 instead of paying $10. Phew!

Well, it's taken me forever to get this post out, so I'd better get back to work! I hope all the chickies have a great OP day!

~Kim
Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #9  

Littlechick: We were simul-posting. I just wanted to say:

CONGRATS ON THE 5 LB LOSS!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Gals....sounds like it's chilly every where today!! It's almost 9:00 and it's still only 34 here! Well today was my weigh in day..and da da DAaaaaa..... I was down 8 lbs!! do a little dance! woo hoo
I couldn't believe it! I knew if I stuck to P1 closely I'd lose quite a bit the first week.

Shatzi: I know how you feel! I have had more trouble sleeping lately...I just can't figure out how to turn my thoughts off when it's time to go to sleep! I assumed that going to water aerobics last night would help...since I'd be working out late in the evening..and then getting home to take a hot shower I'd be relaxed and fall right to sleep...WRONG...I was up half the night too! Hope you get some well deserved sleep today...

Ruthie: I think I would curl up and hibernate if it was 12 deg here!!! Before Christmas tho it did get close it was down to about 17 one morning...down here in tha South...we no likey the cold!! I love to knit! I haven't had the time in a while but it's something I really enjoy doing. Back in November my sister and SIL and another friend had a girls only weekend to Savannah GA (awesome time!!) and I made us all matching scarves. People kept asking us what they meant..we kept making up silly things to tell them. In my avatar picture I'm wearing mine...that pic was taken in Savannah.!

RNMOM: I know exactly what you mean about Cafeteria Food!! I worked in the hospital for a little over a year and that's what did me in! I was doing great on SB until I got that job...it was my downfall!! You'd think that a hospital would have healthier choices!!

jetsetter: Chili that sounds yummy I made some last week...I might just have to make some more...have you ever added anything like zucchini? I did once and you don't even notice it's in there! added bonus

cottage: How often are you weighing? I decided to toss out my scale so I couldn't be tempted...and now I have to drive somewhere to weigh in! cross stitching sounds fun...you'll have to post up a pic sometime to show us what you've done!!

little chick:congrats on the 5lbs!!!!! I can't wait to add fruit next week too!!! Apples and Pears never looked soooo tempting in the produce section of my grocery store!

Kim: the walk sounds great...that's what I'm gonna start doing next...I didn't do any physical exercise my first week on P1...I knew I'd not have any energy...then last night I added going to water aerobics 2 nights a week...next I think I'm gonna start going walking 2 or 3 nights a week...then I'll start going back to the gym...I've just gotta have a little more energy before I get into the gym...and I'm no where ready for that yet!

Today's my off day...and I guess I'm gonna do some housework...laundry and stuff like that! I'll probably end up on the internet a bunch!! LOL
I hope you all have a Wonderful DAY!!! and Stay WARM!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Snow Again!

Good Morning all you lovely SB ladies...we woke up to another snow storm here in the Pacific NW. It's cold, we're stuck here at home again (until DH gets out his trusty shovel) so this morning (it's early here) I will try to get organized today with my menu.

I hope every one stays nice and warm today...stay safe if you're driving somewhere...if the kids are home-bound because of the weather...be a kid and play games with them.

Hi sis, hoped to catch you here this morning...I will check again later. Drink your water!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, everyone. I saw about twenty flakes of snow fall by my window here in the office, so I'm hoping that I can keep dragging out my winter coat. I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys bundling up when it's awfully cold outside.

Last night I made the salsa chicken that's in the recipe section and it was great. However, I think I may have picked the wrong sort of Salsa - it wasn't Pace. I hope it doesn't set me back too much. Today's goal is not to spend any money on food - I brought lunch and both snacks from home. I'm going to try and do this at least three days a week from now on. Also, I'm doing the free 8-week trial at Bally Fitness that you get with the National Body Challenge 2007. A couple of girls here in the office are doing it as well. It's nice working with people who can motivate me as opposed to the Vogue thin girls that I see in this part of Manhattan all the time!

Kim - I did like The Holiday, although the dialogue was terrible and the plot was ridiculously contrived. What can I say? I'm a sucker for bad RomComs and Kate Winslet. I think I'd go and sit for two hours to watch her read the phone book!

little chick - Congratulations on your loss! That's fantastic news!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #13  

Good morning Chick-a-dees!
I am getting to know everybody's names yet! I am hoping to find the time to jazz up my signature with stats and goals. Maybe even add my bio!
Jet~I was wondering what does "chippify"-ing Jicama? I really love Jicama!
For all of us newbies...would you "veteran Chicks" want to share you must have SBD product, snack, meal, etc.? You the thing that really gets you through this without feeling deprived. I think that would be awesome!
I think hearing tips and tricks from those who have walked ahead of you really really helps...the book walks you through it well, but the trials and tribulations of real life speaks so much louder...to me anyway!
Have a great day!
253.6/246.2/150 Down 7 lbs!
~Tracie
Mom to seven
4 walk and 3 soar...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #14  

Tracie: There are two things that I cannot live without on P1. Part-skim mozzarella string cheese, and Blue Bunny's sugar-free fudgesicles. I probably always eat too much of both, but they're better than the shredded (full-fat) cheese and ritz crackers and weekly DQ blizzard I used to eat!!

Once I get to P2, I'm not as addicted, but I still have one of each a day.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #15  

Jenny: I do have to admit that while I thought the movie as a whole stunk, Kate Winslet was divine. Her and Jack Black seemed "real" whereas the rest were (to me) acting like they were real. The kids were adorable with their little accents, though! Oh and I did like Arthur--his "thing" was the only truly endearing part of the film to me. (Didn't want to give too much away!)

(Reading that would make others think that I liked the movie more than I let on! )
Closed Thread