Old 03-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

Mind if I jump in :O) What about Simply Jif peanut butter?? Less sodium/sugar/fat and tastes good too..
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #17  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I just went to WINCO foods and ground my own peanuts. It's soo yummy. My husband doesnt like it cause it's not sweet enough for him but I think he would like it just fine if I added some honey or something to do.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/200/190/180/170/160/150

what about low carb skippy peanut butter?? i love that taste so good
bouncy209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncy209
what about low carb skippy peanut butter?? i love that taste so good
I am not familiar with the nutrionals on this but there are two things you need to look at on the label

1) Sugar content - does it have sugar/ corn syrup? being that it is low carb, probably not much but it is a good idea to check anyway.

2)Saturated fat - you want to keep this as low as possible.

3) I am adding a third, just a general rule check. Trans fats - bad bad bad. Worse that sat fats, according to the most current research. The American Heart Association just this week came out with a limit of one percent of your total calories in trans fats per day is the "safe" limit. Now even though this may not have any, its a good check when you buy any sort of food. So for example, if you eat 1500 calories a day, 15 calories a day can be from transfats. That boils down to ~1.5g transfats

An item can say transfat free and still have transfats. Sneaky, but the item just has to have under .5g transfats per serving to qualify. look for Hydrogenated oils on the label. See those? Ditch it!!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote