Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm waiting for Linda to post what we have to do at each phase Okay so I don't want to read another book right now but the med diet has always had my attention.

GO LINNY GO LINNY GO LINNY
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #17  

Default First thing

..Leenie Beanie is read Suzanne's excellent summery of "What is the Sonoma Diet?" Like you said, it is pretty much the Med Diet but the main difference is it has some portion control guidelines for weight loss purposes.

First thing.. find a 7" plate or a 2 cup bowl for breakfast and a 9" plate for lunches and dinners.

My wave one breakfast this morning was 2 egg whites, one serving of turkey pepperonii, mushrooms, onions, garlic, spinach all scrambled and served in La Tortillas with salsa. I would have used ff sour cream but I didn't seem to see that listed under Wave 1.

Unfortunately, you really do need to take a look at the book to see the foods list that you are eating during each Wave. I don't think I am allowed to post that list here.....probably would be considered copyright issue or something.

Oh yeah.. you have to EXERCISE too and I know you think that is a dirty word. I pesonally think the exercise is the more important componant rather than adhereing to perfection in the eating plan.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #18  

This diet looks interesting to me. I'm thinking that most of the food would fall into the low glycemic index range. Is that correct? My doctor has said that I need to watch my blood sugar which is a whole new thing for me to think about. I'm going to look for the book and will be checking in here for more information.

Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:07 AM   #19  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Question about the plates. I'm actually buying new plates (not for this but because our set is falling apart). The plates I'm looking at are 10 inches with a large rim (you can see them here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...=106810&RN=554)

What's the purpose of the 9 inch rule? I know there have been a ton of studies linked to perceived amounts of food and satisfaction.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
Question about the plates. I'm actually buying new plates (not for this but because our set is falling apart). The plates I'm looking at are 10 inches with a large rim (you can see them here: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...=106810&RN=554)

What's the purpose of the 9 inch rule? I know there have been a ton of studies linked to perceived amounts of food and satisfaction.
Jessica, It's just a portion control mechanism..Calorie counters do calories, WW people do points, we get to do plates and bowls. The book doesn't really go into why they decided upon 9 vs 10 or 11 inches.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Jessica~ Although using smaller plates is also a mental thing, like you said, I get the feeling that on the Sonoma it is more for portion control. This way it keeps things simple. I think the plates you are getting should be fine as long as the inside area (not counting the rim) is 7" or 9".
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #22  

I just finished reading the book, and I'm really impressed with how well laid out it is as far as being able to follow. I'm going to go shopping on Thursday and start this on Friday. Friday's are my weigh in days, so I figured it would be a good day to start. I started watching what I was eating last month, but the holidays and some personal things were going on at the end of the month, and I'm right back where I was before.

What I really liked as I was reading was the structure of the diet.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:02 AM   #23  

carriehalsne is offline   Reply With Quote