Old 02-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Sonoma diet on The View today

I just heard that they will be discussing the Sonoma diet today on The View.
I'm going to check it out.

Dianne
DiRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #2  

Oh drat.. I wish I had known. Would you please post a recap after you've seen it?
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #3  

Sure will, Linda. I usually watch and don't remember them anouncing a discussion before this morning.

Dianne
Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  

Ok, just saw the Sonoma segment on the View...Joy and Meridith interviewed Dr. Connie Gutterson about this plan. There were baskets of the powerfoods and plates with suggestions for breakfast, lunch/dinner.

When Meridith asked about weighing food and the amount of calories, Dr. Connie said Wave one would be about 1200/day for women and later said that Wave two would be about 1500/day for women. Joy said that it looked like a lot of work to prepare the foods and Connie said (pointing to a greek salad) the recipes took about 15-20 minutes to make.

Meridith wanted to know about the wine and Connie said that it was 6 oz everynight on wave 2 but not wave 1 as we already know. She started to mention the chocolate but was interruped and never got back to it.

They were calling this the #1 diet in the country. People see that this is a plan that they can stay with because the food is so tasty.

It was good to see the portion sizes on the plates (something I am often not really sure about). Connie pointed to the sliced steak and when Joy said that it was not much meat, Connie said that it was about 3-4 oz. Joy asked if you need to measure the plates and Connie said yes or you can buy the plate sizes in the store. Really, there was not much that we don't already know or can find out in the book.

Dianne
Old 02-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #5  
it's always something

Thanks for the recap! I had to miss it and am kicking myself. It sounds like it was a good show.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #6  

Does this show come on abc, nbc, or cbs or fox network. I forgot the channel..bj
wv_lady_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  

Abc
Dorsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #8  

Hopefully I recorded it right, new VCR.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRy
When Meridith asked about weighing food and the amount of calories, Dr. Connie said Wave one would be about 1200/day for women and later said that Wave two would be about 1500/day for women.
Are you serious?? Wave 1 was about 1200 calories/day?? I had thought about logging this into FitDay to check but was afraid to and glad I didn't. Prior to starting the Sonoma Diet, I was always hungry on ~1800/day. Guess it's the power of vegetables and fiber ... that and properly balanced meals.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 PM   #10  

sf40: me too. The Sonoma diet really is amazing. I am not sure how to explain that I can eat 1200 calories and be hungry yet when I was eating 2000 calories I keep trying to figure out what else I could eat.

She said it was 1200 calories for women but in the book I thought men had to use the same plate. Isn't that too little for men??
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote