Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Breathing some life into this forum

There seem to be a few of us who drop in and out of this forum. I've been giving some thoughts to some ideas to try to maybe help people feel more connected based on things I've seen here or elsewhere in the past. Here are some suggestions and certainly please add any others you think might help.

Have one day per week where we post our menu for the day.

A monthly challenge-would probably keep this simple like one item: drinking your water or 30 minutes of exercise daily or staying on program all month, etc. People could check in regularly with how they are doing with this.

A board I used to visit elsewhere had a daily inspirational quote that people then commented on. That would be too much work for me but if someone would be interested.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #2  
40+w/40+2Lose

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm new to this...I appreciate your thoughts. I would be open to any kind of focus or goal. That's why I joined. Maybe once a month (or more frequently) we could do a recipe' swap.
GailW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #3  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I love all those ideas. I would love for us to "breath some life into this thing"! I love the quote thing! (I love quotes!!!) But yes, that is alot of work when you get down to it...

I vote for the menu idea. Planning helps keep people on track, and maybe when people see how d*mn healthy this plan is, and how great the food is, they would come get on the plan! I am on the biggest loser challenge on this board and that is going to keep me busy on challenges. But menus I can do...

I don't want to see this board go down due to lack of activity. We need to at least be there for each other if anything.....

edit to add: If my camera didn't suck, I would say a take a picture of your dinner thing would be cool! But my camera sucks.....

Last edited by ckatgo; 01-03-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: add more to message
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Gail, welcome. At the top of this forum there is a section devoted to recipes. The Sonoma recipes are listed by Wave. For the Mediterranean ones, you need to be familiar with your food lists and figure it out on your own. Feel free to browse. We could talk about new ones we have tried recently.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote