Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Special prayers going your way.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I'm sorry to hear about her latest setback. I hope they can get the infection under control quickly.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

saundra, when you find something that's fun to do for activity, you'll be better about doing it. i really look forward to water aerobics. (i'm thinking of going twice today. not sure yet.)

frouf, the do is good, but it's not much different that it was already. i did decide not to grow it out long. i'm more a short do folk now. the beach party sounds fabulous. have fun!

vickie, i hope your friend gets better soon.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #64  

Good afternoon ladies, we had some horrendous thunderstorm around 3am, woke me up and I had a hard time falling back to sleep so I feel real tired today. I did do my exercise though, I took out walk away the pounds from the library and I did the whole mile, I think that is 40 minutes to add to my tracker for yesterday & today. Can you believe there was a tornado in Westchester county Upstate NY, kinda scary you don't think it happens in the Northeast. Accuweather predicts a very active hurricane season for the Northeast Atlantic, which is very frightening considering I live on an Island that is sitting in the Atlantic, told dh we better start getting supplies.

Vickie sorry to hear about your friend, hope she recovers soon. Don't worry about the weight change, every time I get on the scale my weight is different.

Saundra we are also suppose to have a very hot weekend, you definitely want to be near water this weekend.

Melissa glad Aaron got an apology. I can understand how he feels, I am also claustrophiobic.

Angela camping sounds like alot of fun, we have never been but we do have a a state park about 5 minutes away and will go one of these days.

Sandra glad you enjoy the water aerobics enough to go 2x, way to go, you are going to be at goal in no time. I got my hair cut a couple of months ago and I hated it , I have been wearing it up ever since, when I go visit my mom I will have her hairstylist fix it.

Kathy a new puppy is like having a baby in the house, they are alot of work but they are soo cute.

Frouf sounds like you had a good time with gf, have fun at the beach party which is probably over now. You want to laugh my ds made me go to Walmart to buy him a new pillow because his was Care Bears, was embarrassed when his friend came over even though it had a pillow case on it. They are not babies any more.

P.a I love the watp videos, I have done them 2 days in a row and really worked up a sweat.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

nikki, congratulations on doing watps. i am not making it to water aerobics 2 times today afterall. but i am going once. i'm picking up my gf in a few minutes. i just got finished posting it on my sig. i normally don't post that till after the fact, but this is a "done deal" today. that's wicked weather up your way. scarey for sure. i'm sorry you don't like your hairstyle. i've had times like those, too.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #66  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I should really go to bed early right? I am so tired.....

Niki - wow what exciting weather! I too would be freaking out about having things so close to home! Laughed about the pillow - guess it's not unusual to 'drop' certain characters at a certain age? Funny thing is my dd (now 14) is again in 'love' with them - and has a talking care bear I got her from Avon! (maybe hold onto the pillow for later? ha ha ha).

Saundra - good for you! I bet you will have a fabulous time. I remember going to Ogdensburg many eons ago - some kind of weekend special at this place with waterbeds!

Vickie - I am so sorry to hear about your gf's setback - i sure hope they can nip it in the bud. Good luck finding her a lovely robe - sending good wishes your way!

So the beach party wasy okay! (Saundra - we were at Mooney's bay). Found a semi-shady spot under the trees and set up my chairs...sat with my manager - we had nice chats about our kids, travel, trivia games, gardening - we do really get along (did I ever tell you that when I told her about me and my other work colleague going on a cruise together - she said if I ever wanted to go again she would crusie with me too! - lots of cruise buddies for this frouf - told her if she found someone to share a cabin with she could certainly stll come with us!).

Anyhow - pull into the 'beach' parking lot and there is a huge sign posted by the Medical Health Officer saying water/beach is unsafe to swim in due to high bacteria count. Then about every 20 mins or so there are announcements on loudspeakers telling people not to swim due to high bacteria and swim at their own risk.

So what do we see? A few very brave souls - some adults and their kids - swimming in the water - going under, etc. I was horrified - given my background I know how dangerous coliform bacteria is - not something you want to swim in - let alone accidentally swallow? I can't understand why anyone would take the risk? I was not impressed!

Anyhow - sat around for a couple of hour - we (boss and I) declined joining in the sand castle building competition - but the results were amazing! There was a bit of badminton going on - I did blow some bubbles! and there was also some water shenanigans going on (people throwing these wet sponge balls at each other).....yes using contaminated beach water - not smart either (and we're all from Health Canada!).

I am very proud to report that the gum chewing strategy was a great success. I popped a piece of spearmint gum in my mouth when I got there and chewed the dickens out of it - my boss sat next to me inhaling from a bag of potato chips - but I declined. There were of course tons of munchies: chips, nacho chips/salsa, cheesies, cookies, cheese popcorn. I did check the cooler for drinks but not a single DIET soda to be found. So I chewed like mad and drank my water bottle.

Left around 4:30 and went to the GYM - even treated myself to a fresh water bottle on the way there. Did my thing - got some groceries (including a rotisserie chicken, fresh peas for dinner and a veggie/dip plate) and came home.

I am very tired - got a bit too much sun altho I was wearing sunscreen and sunhat!

Dreading tomorrow - lots of stuff to get done as my database nears a launch date - it's been so long I can hardly believe we are going live soon! We shall break out the champagne (or at least some realy fine ginger ale) when that happens!

We are heading for a very very hot and humid weekend - I presume we shall end up at sil's pool? (need to stock up on bbq food) altho I do have a nail appt sat at 11 am!

Nitey nite!

Frouf
Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #67  
Melissa

Hey everyone, I'm so far behind. Sorry about that. Just got back from a walk with the pup. DH stayed at home to work on his shelf project. I got another 20 minutes in tonight. Not great, but it's something! I enjoyed it so much that I'm even considering getting up early to walk in the morning.

Oh, didn't tell you all...I took a pg test last night because I just couldn't wait, and of course it was negative (because otherwise you would already know). I'm not really sure what to do next. I'm on day 40 of my cycle with no TOM. I know my body is screwed up from the bc, but come on. I hope it moves on soon.

Vickie, prayers coming your way for your friend. I hope that she is getting better quickly.

Sandra, you're doing awesome with your exercise. No wonder you're losing!!

Kathy, another puppy sounds draining to me. Last Sunday we found a dog at the apartment complex where we held a cookout and DH wanted to bring it home. I put my foot down on that one!

Well I'm going to have some cereal and start heading to bed. Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday!!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #68  
Melissa

Wow Frouf, a big on doing so great today! You are one determined woman!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #69  

Height: 5'7"

I have decided my foot is going down too. No new puppy ... and he will have to deal with it. He had better not push me on this, otherwise I hope he and his new puppy are very happy at whatever home they decide to live in.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:39 AM   #70  

Congrats Frouf, on the amazing NSV! And Kathy, I think you made the right dog decision. You have got waaaay too much on your plate to add another responsibility.

Well, it's 5:30 and I'm up. My oldest dd woke me up at 5 with yet another nosebleed. Then, after I got her all fixed up and settled down again, I was so wired up and hungry, I couldn't sleep. That and my wonderful dh snores in the morning. Grrr. So, here I am.

I'm wondering if the heat/humidity here is affecting my weight. It's nasty hot and so very muggy. Anyway, I did have 1 small piece of cheese pizza yesterday, but I don't think that's too bad.

Angela
Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #71  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, check out this wok kind of pan for the outdoor grill. I thought of you when I saw your post in the menu thread about buying a grill. I've been wanting to buy one of these pans for a while. It would be great for cut up veggies on the grill. They could still get the grill flavor without all the aggravation. http://tinyurl.com/m3p34

If that doesn't take you directly to the item, the item number is K5510. It's very cool; nonstick with holes all around it for the veggies to get good and grilled.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-14-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #72  
Paula

Good morning everyone. I didn't have time to post yesterday. I had the truck loaded and on the way to the new house by 7:30 and we stopped at about 8 last night. I am very sore this morning. I am already to do it again today. My daughter and her boyfriend are coming to help us today. I have a hugh, heavy bedroom set and a 54" TV that Craig and I just can't move by ourselves. After that, we will have most of the furniture moved and then we will be down to the rest of the boxes and cleaning. Guess I better go eat and get busy. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 AM   #73  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Good Morning Chicks!

A HUGE thunderstorm passed through her at 4:45. My heart was pounding so hard that I couldn't go back to sleep. I've been up surfing since 5:30. It was one of those storms that was so close that there was no time between the lightening and the thunder. Lordy, there's a lot of water in the pool too. So now this morning, we'll be learning how to let water out using our new pump that was just installed yesterday. Sigh. We can't spend too much time on it though because I have to go get ready to see my GF.

I asked her what she needed and she said a new robe. She was afraid to send her husband or Mother. I told her I'd go and I did get her a really pretty one. She wanted function and coverage. She didn't want a pretty set or anything. I thought I wouldn't be able to find anything good but I'm really happy with my purchase. I was sure she'd try to pay me so I had it wrapped so there'd be no doubt that this is a gift! She also asked me for some steamy romance novels. Also not the kind of thing you can send your Mom or husband for. Actually, I could send Jim and he'd get me some good ones! Fortunately for her, I always have a bag full waiting for a garage sale!

Jim just got up so I have to go help with the animals and stuff. I'll be back in a few minutes with my coffee to see what all of you were up to.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #74  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, I'm back!

Saundra, it seems we'll be really hot here for the next 7 days. Always makes me really happy that I have a pool then. I'm betting that I won't need the solar cover for a couple of days after this next weekend. Hey, $9.00 an hour for a retirement job for pin money where you can control the hours sounds great to me! Your impromptu trip sounds delightful. Good for you.

Frouf, I'm glad DH seems likes he's trying a little harder in the romance department. Roses are nice any old time! I am SO impressed with your behavior at the beach party! Good for you. I hope you are tremendously rewarded at the scale.

Melissa, what is bc? I hope your TOM arrives soon. I can certainly understand how you feel. I feel as if I'm perpetually in PMS. Poor Jim, huh?! If you don't get it by the next time it is due, I would definitely go see your Doctor. At your age, there is only one good reason to miss a cycle.

Sandra, I'm glad you're happy about your new hairdo. We must be happy with our hair or there is heck to pay!

Niki, congratulations on the exercise! It was very smart to get them from the library to be sure that you like them. I couldn't live where you live. I'm way too afraid of storms/tornadoes/hurricanes! I hope they are wrong with their predictions.

Angela, we must have been posting at the same time. My weight is still up this morning too and we have the same heat and humidity. I guess I'm going to try not to worry about it since I am in this for the long haul. Even so, we'd like to see some progress, wouldn't we? Do you know why DD is having nosebleeds? I hope it's nothing serious. One piece of cheese pizza is not bad. The problem with pizza is that most people cannot stop at one slice. Good for you!

Good Luck, Paula! You sound so tired. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Well, I should go wash my blueberries and think about getting on the treadmill. I really need to get the scale moving downward. I'm sure that I won't be back on until much later tonight.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:22 AM   #75  

Good morning Vickie, I also hope they are wrong with their predictions, we usually don't have any sort of wild weather, last Hurricane was in 1985 and I never heard of a Tornado in NY. Worst of our storms are snow storms.

That was sweet of you to get your gf a robe, that should surely lift her spirits.

I will be back to catch up! DD is calling me.
Closed Thread