There's a Hole in my Sidewalk

• Have you guys ever seen this? I read it a while back and it can be applied to a whole lot of different situations, especially bad habits we might be trying to break.

There's A Hole In My Sidewalk
    by Portia Nelson

Chapter One
    I walk down a street and there's a big hole. I don't see it and fall into it. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to find my way out. It's not my fault!

Chapter Two
    I walk down the same street. There's a big hole and I can see it, but I still fall in. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to get out. It's still not my fault.

Chapter Three
    I walk down a street. There's a big hole. I can see it, but I still fall in. It's become a habit. But I keep my eyes open and get out immediately. It is my fault.

Chapter Four
    I walk down a street. There's a big hole. And I walk around it.

Chapter Five
    I walk down a different street.
  • This was one of the fun WW stories we had a few months back. Thanks for the reminder. I've been falling into that same hole for a while now...I'm going back for a WI tomorrow to shed some light on how I can stay off that path and avoid that darn hole!
  • Hi: That was good Kathy, and so true to life. We tend to repeat habits we have to work at not falling into the hole. So many times I go out and get a cookie, not because I am hungry, just a habit (a nice one at that) but not nice for the figure. I am going to try and take another street.
    Blue Skies,
    Rose
  • good message, kathy. i'll try to find a different street this time.