Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default There's a Hole in my Sidewalk

Have you guys ever seen this? I read it a while back and it can be applied to a whole lot of different situations, especially bad habits we might be trying to break.

There's A Hole In My Sidewalk
by Portia Nelson

Chapter One
I walk down a street and there's a big hole. I don't see it and fall into it. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to find my way out. It's not my fault!

Chapter Two
I walk down the same street. There's a big hole and I can see it, but I still fall in. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to get out. It's still not my fault.

Chapter Three
I walk down a street. There's a big hole. I can see it, but I still fall in. It's become a habit. But I keep my eyes open and get out immediately. It is my fault.

Chapter Four
I walk down a street. There's a big hole. And I walk around it.

Chapter Five
I walk down a different street.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

This was one of the fun WW stories we had a few months back. Thanks for the reminder. I've been falling into that same hole for a while now...I'm going back for a WI tomorrow to shed some light on how I can stay off that path and avoid that darn hole!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #3  

Hi: That was good Kathy, and so true to life. We tend to repeat habits we have to work at not falling into the hole. So many times I go out and get a cookie, not because I am hungry, just a habit (a nice one at that) but not nice for the figure. I am going to try and take another street.
Blue Skies,
Rose
Old 05-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

good message, kathy. i'll try to find a different street this time.
Closed Thread