Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default the core and ww at home??

I do ww at home so I have no access to this new core info. How do I get the core list?? And can someone explain this new program to me? I really want to do it but don't know where to start without the list. Suggestions? TIA
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #2  

Thanks so much! I'll go check that out asap!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #3  

I think Kelly_S mentioned that you might be able to call WW and upgrade to the core program. I have no idea what they would charge but it might be worth checking out. The new journal/pointer checker off thing is pretty cool. It is a check book cover with a wet erase page to track points and good health guidelines and a pamphlet of core food basics. One side of the dry erase page is for Flexpoints and and one side is for Core.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:11 AM   #4  
Janette

I thought I responded to this yesterday but my post isn't here. I went to the WW web sight and took the free tour. It gave the complete list of the foods in an effort to help you make a choice. I joined online but I think I view the list before I signed up.
Janette
Old 08-25-2004, 08:56 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

No the tour does not give the copywrited list. It may have given some ideas of what foods are included but to get the whole list you must pay for it.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:43 PM   #6  

All fruits, veggies, lean meats are on list. Skim milk, fat free (ff) yogurt (unflavored), ff cottage cheese, ff cheese, ff sour cream, spices/condiments, eggs, ff margarine, diet drinks, whole wheat pasta, potatoes, brown rice all on. Must limit brown rice/pasta/potatoe to 1 serving per day.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:55 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you purchased your at home stuff after May you can get an upgrade if you purchsed before you must repurchase. If you join online (and only once you pay you can get) you can get the lists. There is a copywrite list floating around so you may want to print it before it gets pulled. Post it can cause W/W to cause legal problems for this site.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #8  

The list is huge 18 pages of small print. Couldn't you just go to one meeting (registration fee is off right now) and get the handouts.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:42 AM   #9  
Janette

Kelly you are right. It just describes the program. You have to pay to get the list. I remember now, I intended to join when I went there so after I joined it gave me the list to help me decide which plan I wanted to choose.
Sprying, you also get 35 flex points a week to use on foods not listed on the core that you can't live without--like butter on your potato (core food) and peanut butter (on toast Saturday morning). We also have a Core Support Thread that I think will help you. Join us.
Janette
Old 08-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #10  

thank you all so much for your advice! I will check out that support thread for core right now. Oh and I did get a list... my aunt in on ww and does Online so she emailed me the online list and all that... I've been doing core for 3 days now (today makes day 3) and am already losing weight!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:33 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

I do WW at home and online and I did have to renew my online subscription (it had lapsed) to get the detailed program. I then called and ordered the at-home kit as I want all the materials. All the diet boards are also talking about it and there are some email lists where they are sharing the copyrighted info, which, as is pointed out at the top of this forum, WW is really vigorous in opposing. I sort of see their "point" because it's their product, but the info is out there!
Closed Thread