Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

I haven't lost any more pounds in the last 4 days.
Just the smallest amount of carbs seems to stall my weightloss.

My scales drive me batty, I can get 5 different readings in a row.
Does anyone have scales they love ?

I am walking some in the afternoons now, so maybe that will help.

Cleaning house today & finishing with last charity loads from the attic stuff.

Two elementary schools have advertised for a Speech Pathologist starting in mid Feb , so I need to talk with them. My references are 2 years old for our county application so I need to get the same people to do a new one.

Its cold here today.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope you get the position you're wanting. I have WW scales and love them. I got them at Walmart.

Today I ate too many cookies. I did journal them and deducted the points, but I doubt I'll have a weightloss in the AM. Time will tell.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I took subway, train, subway from Rockville, Md to NYC today. I'm a little overstimulated. The Amtrack stations and the NYC subway were very busy and I've been around a LOT of people over the last few days.

My friend here is not feeling well so I will likely go to the museums/galleries alone. She has Type 1 diabetes and some cardiac issues, then she pulled some chest muscles and is in a lot of pain. We'll see what tomorrow brings. But, at least we can visit.

I've had two sandwiches today, but some fruit and yogurt also. I'm going to have some wine and call it a day.

Hi Melissa!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you and your friend enjoy your time together.

My eating has been off this evening. Why do I do this the night before WI?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #65  

Sandra, when you find the answer to that question, please share with me. I am too tempted with certain foods, so try to keep them out of the house. I would eat all the cookies until gone.

Rhonda, not fun with your friend being sick. Hope she is better today and you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

We managed to walk today. We haven't been so consistent this year but we are working on it.

I need a nap.

Last edited by pam920; 01-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #66  

My friend stayed in today while I went out to meet a friend who works here and to go to the Matisse exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I'm glad to say I haven't lost the ability to navigate what I need to of the transit system. It was 16F here today but I was mostly warm enough.

The exhibit was spectacular of course. I would like to live in the museum for a five-day stretch twice a year. I'm pretty sure that I can't make that happen.

I had pasta, sausage and broccoli for dinner, but I left most of the pasta in the take-out dish, hoping my friend can eat some tomorrow. She would love to have our problem. She needs to put on 10 pounds and can't seem to make it happen. I could do that in a week, no problem.

Tomorrow afternoon I am flying to Toronto.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I bought the Ninja Cooking System yesterday on QVC. I hope to be able to cook some healthy meals and wonderful soups in it. It says it reduces fat by 30% and that one can also reduce the amount of fat in baking and cooking and still have a moist product.

We have 30 days to try it out before we return it.

Does anyone have any fabulous healthy soup, chili, one pot meals recipes to share?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #68  

VIcki, I'm sure you will find tons of recipes on-line...www has a great 5-ingredient cookbook.

Nancy, I wish you luck finding a position that you like.

So, this morning at 4AM my friend fell and could not get up without help. She is frighteningly unsteady on her feet, thus vulnerable and not able to navigate well enough to care for herself. She needs home help, in my opinion, at least for a while. Also, this morning she could not read her blood testing monitor. She could read the newspaper though, so it's not a general vision problem. Reading that monitor is critical, of course.

She has called her doctor and is waiting for a call back. I have delayed my trip for at least a day and am just here in case she needs me. I don't have to go to Toronto, but even if I stay here for a long time, this is not the solution to her problems. Interestingly, her son leaves on a week's vacation tomorrow to Cuba. She keeps assuring me and her son that she can live independently. I'm not impressed. This would be the time and situation for assisted living. We shall see--perhaps it will pass.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's so sad about your friend. I know seeing her this way has to be hard on you as well. I am sending you both some warm thoughts.

Vickie, let us know how you like the Ninja Cooking System.

I delayed wi till this morning. I am down 1.2 lbs. We just got home from the local cafe. I had meatloaf and some good healthy veggies. It feels good to be eating healthy foods.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #70  

I've stayed in almost all day with my friend. She is marginally better and has talked to MD. I will still try to go tomorrow, but won't be surprised if I don't.

My foot has reacted badly to all the walking on this trip so staying in didn't hurt me but did make me a little stir crazy....strange to be in NYC and not in a museum

On one of trips out to buy groceries/food today, I ate a scoop of Ben and Jerry's ice cream...it's about 20 degrees outside!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #71  

Vickie...Can't wait to hear about this Ninja Cooker !!!
I want healthy soup , stews & chili recipes too ! I bought a
Readers Digest Soup Cookbook recently , so when I
make something good I will let you know. This cookbook doesn't have
nutritional info, but I decided that I know healthy from unhealthy without the
info..

Rhonda...That is very concerning about your friend..good thing you were there..
Hoping things improve for her..

Sandra..yay on the lbs down !!!

Pam ..your walking sounds like mine..better than before but room for improvement...

My cousin & I are headed to the NC mountains tomorrow to return my son's dog to him & visit. My cousin's daughter lives there too so we will probably take them both out to dinner.They are calling for icy roads here tomorrow night, so if we need to we will spend the night in Boone and return home
Saturday.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, glad you got to see Ben and Jerry today. I got a lot of kisses from Mr. Hershey. I hope your friend is better tomorrow. Take care of your tootsies.

Nancy, enjoy your trip to the mountains tomorrow. I envy you. I love mountains. Can't wait to go to Montana this June.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #73  

Sandra...
Would Ben, Jerry & Mr Hersey like to join our forum ??
They woud be very welcome !!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #74  
focused and aiming

Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

SNOW DAY

Rhonda, I know your friend appreciates your help! I hope she finds a solution for her needs that makes her safe and happy.

Vickie, I think I posted a core soup here for Chicken Wild Rice Soup that was very good. Let us know about your cooker. Sounds cool!

Sandra, I have had several dates with Mr. Hershey. Hope you are not too jealous

Nancy, be careful and enjoy your trip.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote