Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

Hey, everyone, Melissa is an "old" Chickie. We knew her before she became a mommy. It's so good to see Melissa here today. I know you're all going to love getting to know her.

Melissa, it's sooooooo good to see you here. I hope you decide to stay. I have been missing you.

As to CORE: It is sort of still around. WW is calling it something different and has changed it a bit, but some folks are still doing the old original CORE. Right now I am counting points. (I still post here because I don't want to lose contact with my chickie buddies.) You're going to love these ladies.

Vickie, I got my flu shot, too. I think you're right that if we get the flu, it shouldn't be as bad as if we hadn't gotten the shot. Hope that's right.

I shot an outdoors tournament today. It was about 70*. Beautiful day. We all enjoyed the fellowship and weather. Curtis didn't shoot, but got to sit outside and visit with some other guys. Life is good.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-20-2013 at 09:30 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #47  
Start WW - 1/21/13

S/C/G: 233.6/233.6/135

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone -

I posted several days ago and asked to join the group and then came down with the flu
so finally back on my feet and went to my first meeting this AM. Will post more tomorrow morning...take care all.

Last edited by enchanted desert; 01-20-2013 at 09:20 PM.
enchanted desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Enchanted. Sorry you've had the flu but am glad to see you back here. We're looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #49  
Melissa

Thanks Sandra! Nice to be back in the "nest!"
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Enchanted..Welcome..Glad you are over the flu..
Welcome Melissa !!! It will be good to get to know you..How long ago were you on here ??

I had a nice day..Ate lunch with my daughter & son in law & grandson.
Grandson is spending the night because he is out of school tomorrow.

He has been having nightmares tonight about the room spinning & he can't get out. So after the 3rd one, I told him to pile in with me ... Love that boy !!

I walked an hour today around a lake while he biked. It was beautiful here today.
I am doing a few more carbs than last week. Probably 40 per day.
I hope I will still lose that way, if not at least maintain a week or so,
then I can do extreme a week or so more.

Last edited by nancy237; 01-21-2013 at 01:32 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, sounds like you are still focused You go girl!

Sandra, I am counting points and doing core. Since WW changed program to allow the choice of core or points on a day to day basis, I have been mixing it up. Seems like it is working, so far. Have you tried it?

Thinking about Rhonda today as the inauguration is going on. Hope she is having an awesome time!

Vickie and Maryann, hope you are both feeling better!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great day, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Melissa! SOOOO nice to see you! I'm struggling to get back on the wagon but I know it must be done. Isn't it just awesome to come back here and find all of us still plugging along and refusing to let go of the side of the wagon with our little fingertips?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm meeting my former work GF for lunch today. Don't ask! I still don't feel good but have to go because it's been planned for a long time and she's off of work. I should be back in full throttle here by the end of the week. I cooked my chili last night and even ate a little of it. I mostly ate my Core cornbread. It was yummy.

I'm so jealous of all of you with your warm weather. It will be a high of 11 degrees today.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
Isn't it just awesome to come back here and find all of us still plugging along and refusing to let go of the side of the wagon with our little fingertips?
haha..that is a funny image !!!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

Vickie, 3FC nees smileys to show folks hanging onto that wagon. I'm hanging, too. Hope you enjoyed your outing with your friend. Your chili and COREnbread sounds good.

Melissa, have you heard from Angela or Froufie? I haven't heard anything of them in years.

Sloan, I'm doing Points but am eating mostly CORE. I have been allowing myself about 4 pts of chocolate per day, though, to take the edge off. My first wi in Wed am (here at home). Congrats again on sending those 4 lbs away.

Nancy, that's sweet about your son. I wonder what's triggering those dreams.

Heather, I hope you're in better spirits today.

Maryann and Enchanted, how are you feeling?

Rhonda, photos?

We're staying home today. I made a CORE "enough" lunch. So far my snacks have been fruit. I'm out of my chocolate kisses. Tomorrow I'm heading to the store for more. I'm a poet and don't know it.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-21-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #56  

welcome to all the new chicks and old chicks. I have to start coming here more often. So many new faces and I can't keep up.

Today was my official WI and I'm down 2 lbs. So, to sabotage my efforts, I had Krystal (like White Castle) for lunch and pizza for dinner. Would someone kick me off the wagon?

I got a new dog so I've been busy.

Bet Rhonda is having a ball tonight.

Sandra, I buy the Dove dark chocolate. It is so good and it's good for your heart.

Nancy, sorry about the nightmares. Wonder what triggered that?

My little great grandson was talking to me on the phone a bit ago. I was trying to get him to say Grandma. He finally said it but I didn't hear him. So when we hung up, he went around the house saying grandma, grandma, grandma.

I wonder why we can switch up core and points plus when we couldn't before.

sloan, congrats on your loss this week. Awesome!!!!

Vickie, poor Vickie. Hope your flu is short lived.

Last edited by pam920; 01-21-2013 at 07:32 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #57  

Had a fun day with my Grandson. I love that he is 10 and still loves to come stay with me.
We went to another lake today where he could bike and fish. Another beautiful day today, but I think cold is on its way.

I want so much to start getting up early, but no matter what time I go to bed I don't get to sleep until 3 or 4 am . My daughter suggested trying to get up
at the same time anyway and just take a good nap later in the day if I am too sleep deprived .

I need ideas to make myself get up early..
I could try to have coffee in the hottub every morning..
Or get my coffee and crawl back in a warn bed for Bible Study...

I enjoyed some Semi-Homemade Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup today...

Last edited by nancy237; 01-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi!

What a day. I was at the 2009 Inauguration too, and this one is better organized. It is still an effort because of the travel and the crowds. Security was tight but high functioning and they were serious but friendly.

We were in the Newseum for the events and then went out to Pennsylvania Avenue for the parade. It was delayed and we did not last long.

The Ball on Saturday night was fun, but I don't need to go again. Lots of people in ball gowns and men in black tie, or close to it. Most of us in cowboy boots too. I'll post pictures when I get home because I'm using borrowed computers and don't want to download them. I put some on FB for those of you who are on my site.

No matter what your political stripe, an Inauguration is just amazing.

About food....well, I'm just eating what I can, when I can and avoiding sweets.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #59  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for sharing with us. It sounds like you're having a grand time. Don't worry about the food. Have fun!

Nancy, Curtis and I are battling sleepless nights, too. If you find the answer, please share.

Pam, on the weightloss. Now dust off from today and hop back on that wagon. We like Dove's dark chocolates, too. We're so used to them that we never even think about milk chocolate ones any more. However, I do like my Hersheys, too.

We stayed home today. I was in jammies all day. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....didn't I say that at least one day last week? It's getting habit forming.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

Looks like I get the prize for last/first.

When I posted that Melissa was an "old" Chickie, I should have said she's a "young/old" Chickie. Melissa and her husband have a young family. She was a member here before her first child was born then afterwards. Melissa, I'm thinking you now have two children. Am I right? Again--it's soooooooo good to have you back here. I hope you have time to come here often.

I have lunch ready and am just waiting on Curtis to come indoors. We're going to the Archery Shop afterwards. It's a gorgeous day here. Supposed to be in mid-70's Thursday. Today's not that warm but it's still pretty good for January.

My food's good. I did make some oatmeal/raisin cookies yesterday, but I'm keeping up with my points.

I hope you're all enjoying your day. I'll catch you later.