Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

We don't need no hocus pocus! What we need to do is focus!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Question

Hey gals!

My doc suggested gastric bypass. He thinks it's medically necessary. I got my mind on board only to have my insurance saying no. (long story)

In the meantime, I am sick of feeling bad about myself. Lord knows if you read through my old posts, I've started over like.. oh.. I don't even want to think about how many times. I ran across a page outlining the SF technique and it seems almost too good to be true! It;s most of the stuff I eat already, save a few things (like delicious delicious peanut butter).

Do you guys count calories or anything? It seems so crazy that I can eat fruit and low carb bread and all the things I love!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Sloan....I LOVE the cheer. I'm going to make it my mantra.

I'm doing ok to pretty good. I should be back here full time soon!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #20  
focused and aiming

Heather, you're not alone. I can't tell you how many times I've rejoined WW. First time was in 1968. I'm thinking it was October 14.
To be honest with you, right now I'm counting points. I just rejoined WW Online yesterday. Are you going to meetings or are you doing WW from home? Right now, I'm not sure who here is going to meetings. I think most of us are working the plan (or another plan) from home.

That said, to the boards. It's good to have you and we look forward to getting to know you and to have you on our weightloss team.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

So, Sandra, you're focussed on fruit?

Last night DH told me about a nutrition program he watched so now he's an expert, counting the amount of sugar in foods. I guess the last ten years of my telling him about this was not as impressive as a person on TV
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #22  

Heather...welcome !!!! My daughter did gastric bypass about 2 years ago, so I can tell you more about her experience. It's a tough decision !!!! With her being 30 years old , we didn't discourage her or encourage her to do it, just supported her decision.

Its great to have you new gals on here..
We are a bit crazy here, and encouage each other in the good & bad times.

Maryann

Its raining here and they are calling for snow. I need to get to the store for pet food. Last night I fixed Riley(son's dog) hamburger with an egg because I was out of dog food. She is going to expect me to cook for her today I bet LOL.

My main goal for a week is to pull as much as possible from my attic & garage for charity.. focus

Last edited by nancy237; 01-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I know what you're saying. Maybe he needed to think he "found" the info. Curtis is that way sometimes. Yes, I'm a fruit addict. I actually think I could swing from trees like a monkey.

Okay, Nancy, you have me wanting to use smileys. I love it!

We walked a couple of loops around the field while ago. Oh! Did I tell ya'll we saw 2 roadrunners in our backyard this morning? Great show while eating breakfast!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #24  

hey chicks.

Welcome Heather. I love SF and it's the way I eat when doing WW. You just have to watch your portions. If you eat that way it should be pretty easy. Just count the peanut butter.

sloan is a poet and doesn't know it.

Nancy, it rained here most of the day too and turned cold. No walking today.

Vickie, hurry back.

Sandra, fruit is good. You made a healthy choice, look at it that way.

Maryann, hope you are doing better today.

Rhonda, I can relate to what you said about Doyle. Trouble is getting to them actually act on what they hear.

I did pretty good today. I did buy some cashews and they will be my downfall. But they are suppose to be good for you.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Thanks, gals.

More stupid junk from the insurance today. Hubby called and they told him "No" too. Said it was an exclusion. They faxed the exclusion to us. The problem? The wording and even fonts and formatting are different from the papers we JUST GOT before the new year started. I have no idea what that is all about. The one they sent (the exact same one from 2012 and the insurance sales guy said it had to change because of affordable care act) says something about the Master Plan document. The one we think is the "new" one says "employee benefits summary" and has hubby's work on the bottom of every page. Have no idea what is going on?

I contacted obesity advocates a few months back. She has said to get the surgeon to submit a surgery authorization so it could be officially denied before we could fight it. Called the surgery program I did the seminar for and they refused to do it. Said I would have to go completely though the program, paying for it myself at like 275.00 an appt. (appts include nurse practitioner, physcologist, physical therapist, and finally, surgeon.) so, i'd get all the way to the end just to get denied. Then I'd have to pay the obesity advocates group to fight my case and that's no guarantee of winning, even though they say they will tell me if they think they can't win.

UGH.

oh and then? Tonight on FB I got this multi paragraph message from a facebook friend telling me that hubby and I should go on something called xngular. Yeah, because those Weight Loss MLM products ALWAYS work,
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #26  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We got some snow this morning,but I was able to go to Mass and the Rosary.My cough is now ceasing,but my soup kitchen supervisor told me not to come in today as her daughter had a cough and and it might be catching.I guess she right after all I would be handling the food.

Nothing really new I went out with Rita yesterday at the 99 restaurant. Had a steak as I didn't have one in a long time.

SANDRA=Thanks for the get well wishes,I just wondered as I remember a problem called the 190 which was several years ago before the flex and the core plan.

PAM=I think people are either having the flu or the coughing syndrome. Don't dare to go back to my new doctor and ask him that I want to have the shots after I told him I would take my changes.

NANCY=Thanks,feeling a lot better today.I'm focusing on low carbing hoping to get to my first goal of 150 and than to my second goal of 140 and than go on maintenance

HEATHER- to the thread.I doing the ww problem but I focusing on low carbs with fasting 2 days a week with Atkins shakes[160 cals & 2 carbs. Good luck with the gastric bypass.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Heather, sorry about the stress. Be careful about FB. That message might not have been real. It could have been a spammer or hacker using your friend's account. I've had that happen before. You're in a good place now with WW. And we're here for you, too. We can do this together. Basically, we all know what to do, we (mainly thinking of myself) just have problems with the mental aspects of losing. I tend to get my priorities mixed up a lot. Right now I'm focused.

Thank you again, Sloan, for the focus cheer.

This is my day 3 OP. I'm feeling great already. Ah! The power of positive thinking!

Pam, thank you for the encouragement. I am enjoying my fruit for sure. Enjoy your cashews. You're right. They are healthy.

Maryann, I don't remember the 190 program. What was it?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #28  

My cleaning out is going great.

My eating is good but I think I will be sick if I
see another egg anytime soon..

I need to go get some new foods and salad stuff..
Weightloss seems sorta stuck right now..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Nancy
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Nancy
Thanks...
You cheered me into a walk with the dog !!!