Old 05-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Pam, I lost 2.4 this week. That undoes the .8 I had gained the last 2 weeks and a little more. I am 180.2 now and hope to get to the 170's soon. It's been in the 90's here but is supposed to be in the 80's the next few days. (Hot enough for me)

Wandie! You are posting perfectly. Welcome to the bunch. Or should I say, "Brood"?

Nancy, I hope mama bird returns to her nest. Let us know.

Rhonda, I imagine you got really bored. What are you doing today? I hope you're having a good one.

Vickie, where art thou, dear friend? I miss you!

Well, we were a few blocks from school when our dil called to let us know she had the date wrong. The awards ceremony is tomorrow. We'll do a rerun tomorrow.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-30-2012 at 04:27 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow Rhonda, that was a loooooong day! DD lives near Oklahoma city, and they had grapefruit sized hail. Hope y'all dodged that part.

Sandra, congrats on the loss!!! It is so nice to see the scale moving in the right direction.

Nancy, we are gonna have to call you Nurse Dolittle. I really hope that mother bird goes back to her babies.

Pam, thanks for your input on Core. It has been a while for me.

Wandie, welcome!

Hi Vickie!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #18  

morning chicks.

I lost another cousin today. That makes 3 since Thanksgiving. They say in comes in 3's, so hopefully I won't have to deal with any more deaths in my family for a while.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Sandra, congrats on your loss. You are doing awesome.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Pam,

We just got home from the awards ceremony. No, it didn't last over 24 hours :lol It was today instead of yesterday. Alexa was loaded with awards. Makes we grands bean ear to ear. She was, too!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Where is everyone?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! Laundry, laundry, laundry!! Tired, tired, TIRED!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Sloan, sounds like you're celebrating being out of school.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-31-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #24  

Pam ...

Any loss is hard but that is just too many !!!

Was this cousin sick ??

So sorry...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #25  

Pam, that's enough now. No more deaths for your family for a while, I hope.

Nancy, how's the puppy training working?

Wandie. We're a good group here...just jump in.

I guess Mary Ann's on her trip now?

My little great-nieces are participating in an art show tonight, showing off their work. They're not bad for little ones. One of them is now a third-grader and is quite excited about that. I told her that I remember the 3rd grade very well, and she finds that hard to believe.

One thing I can't believe is that is QE II's 60th Jubilee. I remember seeing her installed as Queen, on TV...that was the 2nd grade for me. Why on earth do we still have monarchies? And, celebrity worship? I don't get it. As my Daddy used to say, they all put their pants on one leg at a time. Oh well, there's a lot I don't understand, and I'll probably watch it on TV

My recent blood work showed normal cholesterol levels so I told MD I don't want to take the meds anymore and see what happens. I was just over the limits when I started the meds in January.

My ankle's hurting and I'm seeking more care for it. It's been 10 days since I sprained it and it is still swollen and hard to walk on. I probably want too much too fast.

I hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #26  

evening chicks.

Rhonda, your foot should be healing by now. Maybe you did break it and it didnt show up in xrays. I don't understand the celebrity worship either. Must be a young thing, lol.

The cousin that passed is in California, so I won't be attending that funeral. He had a mild heart attach and then fluid in lungs, so I assume it was heart failure.

Was drizzly today and only mid 60's. A welcome relief.

Last edited by pam920; 06-01-2012 at 09:24 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, are you going to another doctor or back to your same one? I would be like you and would be anxious. I gave my podiatrist gray hair while I was recovering from my bunionectomy. (sp?)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Pam, we must have been here about the same time.

I overate today but life goes on.....
Old 06-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #29  

I went to GP 3 days after the sprain and had xrays. I'm going to the orthopedist on Monday (13 days after sprain) to see what he has to say. It is still swollen (12 days later); I can walk, but flexing the foot is painful; I can stand on it, even on a thick foam pad; I can't push off to the side; and, I hit it TWICE last night, and the pain brought tears to my eyes. I imagine it's just a deep sprain with some ligament damage.

I will see the GP on Tuesday about the cholesterol meds. I bet I've been to some MD or another more often in the last two years than I have been in decades. What's up with that

We're going to a family reunion today for my nieces' mother's side (my brother's first wife). I've made my great chocolate cake, but I'll try my best not to eat it.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #30  

Can't wait to hear about Maryann's trip

Rhonda..I wonder about being on statins too.. I have been on them since 2000. I feel for you with your foot. Eat as many anti inflammatory foods as you can...

The dog is making progress ..I am trying a remote correction collar today to break him from chasing the cat..

The baby birds are doing great..I had them tucked inside the edge of the garage last night due to bad storms mom seems fine with that.

Working on my garage today..Its cool here..then dinner at a great seafood place with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

Oh..I found a cleaning rotation I love..
One week I use it downstairs and just do a light clean upstairs and the next week I deep clean up & do a light clean downstairs ..It takes me about 15 minutes per night. I like it because I have one type task at a time and I am quicker that way...

1)pickup/trash/straighten/strip beds
2)dust/glass
3)vacuum/mop
4) Mr Clean surfaces & woodwork
5) Toilets/Sinks/Tubs
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote