Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, hope you get the water situation solved soon. I know it must be a pain. We were without water for a week, and it was not fun!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The saga continues.

Lordy, NO water! That is absolutely worse than what I'm dealing with here. At least I can flush......
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #18  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to the othropetic doctor this morning and I don't know what my reg doctor is talking about I don't have a cracked hip,but I have a bad case of bursitis. He gave me a cortisone shot and told me it will help me with no pain over the Christmas Holiday. and if it get bad in 3 months they will find another treatment for me,and if that doesn't work he can take the bursitis out by doing microscopic surgery on the area where the bursitis is located.

Went on line and got my tickets for the trip to NY. My DD called last night and asked when I was coming down and how long I was staying as my SIL wanted to know. ??????????Why??????????is it so important that he know how long I want to stay. I also found out that my DD is not going to take me out shopping as she finished with hers and doesn't want to go,out in the crowds. So I will have to buy my gifts up here and hope that I will be able to carry the extra baggage on the bus & trains. She suggested gift cards for everyone.

SLOAN-I had the same thing with my hip at first they thought it was a hair line fracture and of course I had a MRI the results according to my reg doctor told me that I had a cracked hip well this morning my orthro doctor told me like I posed above that I have bursitis ,gave me a cortisone shot for the pain and if all goes well I won't have to see him but if the pain comes back he told me he would give me a microscopic surgery to remove the bursitis.

RHONDA- Thanks, but I looked up the Amer Diabetes Assoc. web site,but I liked Dr Memdosa 's site better. A Woman on anther message board told me to by the book from Gretchen Becker's First Year With Diabetes and I getting lots of information from there.

VICKIE- Thanks, I'm not so sure I have diabetes now, going to go on a low carb diet now and than in another 3 months I will have my A1C checked again .I hope that they give me the pill if I have this disease as I don't like needles even if it me doing the sticking.

PAM-Don't think it my hip as my doctor told me it was bursitis this morning.

NANCY-I;m using my SB Quick and easy cookbook right now I making BBQ chicken with GG microwave veggies.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey ladies how you all doing? im feeling abit better and my coldsores are slowly going i had 4 in total in the end.

Maryann does your hip feel better after the shots? xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

That's good news about your hip Maryann. Pain relief should be easier to get.

My physician's office called saying that the blood work was "abnormal" and they are referring me to a rheumatologist. Oh well....

Last edited by Tejas; 12-15-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Ems and Maryann, I'm glad you're both better.

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear this. I was referred to a rheumatologist, too. Mine turned out to be osteoarthritis. I hope you get good results. Be sure to let me know what you find out. When is your appointment?

I got my new bridge today. I'm calling it, "The Golden Bridge." I'm still a little sore but am all right. We had potato soup for lunch and mac/n/cheese for dinner.

Last edited by ontarget; 12-15-2011 at 07:20 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #22  

hi chicks,

ems, glad your cold sores are going away. I've never had 4 at one time. One is plenty.

Sandra, soft food is good after dental work. The Golden Bridge, that is a good one.

Rhonda, good luck. My dr sent me to a rheumotogist back in the mid 90's. She said I had arthritis in my ankles, back, knee....the list goes on. Hope you can get some relief.

Maryann, glad you didn't have a fractured hip. How long before the shot kicks in? I sent the grandkids money this year. I would have had to mail everything and money is easier.

Hope Vickie got her dilemma straightened out.

Nancy, hope you got your water situation fixed.

We walked 45 min. this morning and another 20 min. before dinner. We started the South Beach Diet today. He said...fix it, I'll eat it. I know he would prefer something with a lot of fat, but if he starts to see the pounds drop, he will be okay. We both need to lose around 20 lbs. The kicker, on our last walk, his hip started hurting. What is with all these pained hips???? Hope he is able to walk tomorrow. I'm loving that he finally is walking with me.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Pam, that's great that dh is doing SB with you. And you're inspiring me to walk more. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #24  

"Golden Bridge"..that's good.

I was being tested for rheumatoid, but we'll keep hoping it's not I don't have the appointment yet. I'll call tomorrow.

Glad I don't have any plumbing problems!! It's hard to have your house in disarray.

Good luck on the SB Pam. I just can't not eat fruit so I never make it past indcution.

We're getting lots of good, slow rain which we really need.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Rhonda,
Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #26  

morning chicks.

Rhonda, sending positive thoughts your way. I don't do phase 1, we are eating fruits.

Drinking my coffee, need to wake up.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I'm saying prayers and thinking good thoughts for you. You are living a really healthy clean life and I think that's all good.

I'm still having drama but it is calming down a bit. I'm off to PT.

TTYL.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Vickie, glad your drama is less intense. Hang in there.

We just got home from lunch out with friends at a wonderful Mexican restaurant. Chicken enchiladas. nuff said.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can't believe it's only one week until Christmas Eve Day.

I've decided not to put up the tree. It makes me sad. In 55 years I've never gone without a tree. But, I decided the stress of putting it up at the last moment with my house in disarray was going to cause more stress which I don't need. So.....today and tomorrow I wrap. Monday is busy for me but on Tuesday I need to make some Chocolate Chip cookies for my husband and nephew and my famous cream cheese snowcaps that everyone loves.

We are really worn out. The project is proceeding, although WAY more slowly than we wanted with WAY too many issues. I won't bore you with them but we will be lucky to be done by Wednesday of next week. Considering they started on November 29th, I think it is taking too long. We have some painting scheduled to start right after the new year to get rid of the blizzard damage from last winter. Lordy.

My eating is ok....not great. Most days I'm on program and then there are splurges so it ends up being maintenance which I should NOT be doing at this weight.

I hope you are all well and have a wonderful weekend planned!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #30  

If you look under "announcements..." you'll see that I posted something about the ads (which were all over my computer and hard to close). Someone else has posted about how to use Firefox and get rid of them.

Good luck, Vickie....maybe a baby, pre-lit artificial tree? I remember the year my mother decided a tree was too much trouble. One of my nieces and I went to see her, and when we heard her say "no tree" we went out and bought a foot high pre-decorated fake tree and put it on top of the stack of presents. I have a picture of it, and it brings me great joy!

We turned a disappointment into a reason to laugh

Last edited by Tejas; 12-17-2011 at 11:01 AM.