Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Just where is everyone?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #18  

Hey everyone.. I was at the hardware store today which was Robin's & my favorite hangout and I saw a man from behind that took my breath away.
The exact Robin from behind, head, ears, body type, little neck roll, even his trademark grey tee shirt that he had 10 of. I texted my cousin about him and by the time I finished he was gone. I searched the store forever to see what he looked like from the front but he was gone in a flash. This guy was in the power tool section which was Robin's favorite. I told my cousin that he came back just long enough to tell me that he was woodworking with the master carpenter now.

I am frantically trying to get 50 things on the house done each day. Its sorta a compulsive thing. I went downstairs a few minutes ago and ended up cleaning out the pantry. I know it is me trying to cope but I am just going to go with it. Lots is getting done anyway.

Not doing well with getting rid of clothes , I was the same way with my dad in 1998. I just seem to remember him wearing them and can't let go.
I did get rid of some that he never wore.

The house is going to be harder to sell than I thought. We were planning to move & that was fine because we had each other. Now I look around and see trees he & the boys planted, a deck he built, sod he laid , a huge rock pile he & our grandson gathered & and such. Good that I am not thinking til spring anyway. Then I will have to see how I feel. Anyway the work that needs to be done might be the exact therapy I need to stay busy.

I am going to spend a few days at the beach with my cousin this weekend.
She won't even let me help with the condo so I am going to cook for them which I love doing. She just told me that when she makes Chicken Parmigiana for her daughter she pounds the chicken, grills it, breads & fries it & then puts it in the oven in a casserole dish with sauce & cheese.
I told her I was calling Peta for what she is doing to those poor chickens LOL . I told her I have a 5 minute recipe that is delicious I will show her.

Well I was chatty wasn't I ..You all are the best..

Oh, now I know what I meant to ask. I have caught wind that my step daughter is thinking about planning a surprise birthday party for me in a few weeks . I am not really ready to have a get together like that, so how do I discourage it since I am not supposed to know about it. We usually just do a family thing which would be much easier to get through this year.
Ideas?? if anyone made it through this long post ..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up to a foggy morning suppose to get sunny later on today. Going out with my one of my friends to a new pizza place in town. Up goes my carbs.My Memorial Day is a going to be a wash out. The two friends I was going to invite,one is sick with Shingles and the other friend's DD is coming up for the weekend. So to me its going to be just another Monday.

RHONDA-I slept until 7:15 AM I guess I needed the sleep.Yes I agree where everyone.

NANCY-That was interesting that
Quote:
you saw the man looked exactly like your Robin,and when you got back to look for him he was gone.
Its it a possibility that it was really him. I had the same experience when My DH passed. I think they come back to you just to say good-bye.

No!! Take time out for yourself, I know keeping busy is the key but don't go over board, thats not good. Take time to breath,and as far a your DH clothes. I put all my DH clothes in a big bags and put some of the bags on the curb for Big Brothers & Sisters to pick them up and the others I brought to our local clothes drive. And believe or not I kept some of my DH's clothes[jackets,wind breaker,golf and sweat shirts] that fit me, back into my closet.

How big is you house,do you think you can manage. I have a 7 room town house and after I had knee surgery I closed the upstairs bedroom bath and loft and use the first floor only. When my kids or company comes up they can have the second floor while they stay.

Happy that you will be away at your cousins for the weekend. I think you need to be away for a while to think what to do next.

About your surprise birthday party,I can't help you with that,as we are all different and have different ideas.

Hope I didn't or weren't to hard on your feeling,but I went though this and I'm hoping that I helped instead of hindered.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 05-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #20  

Nancy, shortly after my husband died in Israel his sister and I went to a spa on the Dead Sea. We had made reservations, but when we arrived at dusk they had no information about us. It is not a safe area at night so we were feeling a little anxious. One of the spa workers told us that we could have his apartment for the night. When we walked into the apartment it was as if we had walked into Avi's room. Same colors, same type of decor, including a poster that was the Israeli equivalent of a poster Avi had in his apartment in Toronto.

We were totally shocked, but totally comforted.

When I went back to Canada after his death, a friend of his and I went to a community party/dance. A man walked into the room who was Avi's double!

Life can be rather amazing, can't it.

About the birthday party, I would be inclined to let it happen. I know that your grief is raw, but people want to give to you. I don't know how you could stop it, other than to tell the person who told you to insist that the party not happen
Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #21  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Yesterday was insanse. Today should be better. Just cut and color for me and a few errands.

There were administrative problems with Jim's tests on Tuesday that scared the living daylights out of me. Everything is fine as far as we know. The problems were not because of results. Then he ended up with minor toe surgery because of an infected nail. NOT good for a diabetic. He needs to take better care of his feet but there is nothing I can do but to encourage him to do so.

Nancy, if I were you, I'd let the party happen. Your friends/family love you. They probably don't know what to do and so they want to surround you with love. Let them love you. It just might feel awesome. You and Robin always sounded like social creatures and they probably think that it will give you joy.

What are you all doing for Memorial Day? We will be home. Another day that weekend we'll be going to a friends house with Brodie for the evening. It should be fun but fattening if I let it. I'm making my decadent cream cheese snowcap cookie. Uh oh!!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #22  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Foggy again,but hot so I had the windows opened in the bedroom and I guess I must of breath in all those pollen into my lungs as this morning I had so much flame in my throat that I couldn't catch my breath. So the windows will be shut until I get my A/C in the rooms.

Went out to a new pizza place that opened in town it was a great place so I will spread the word. This afternoon I'm going to the movies to see Hangover 2. and the rest of the weekend I plan to rest.

VICKIE-Sorry you had problems with the administration,and that's all.Just a thought maybe you could make the appointment for him,if he doesn't.Having diabetes its every important that he does.

Not doing anything on Memorial Day as I don't have family up here and all my friends are doing things with theirs,so it going to be quite day for me. In fact all holidays are lonesome except for Christmas, New Years, Easter & Thanksgiving,but I go down to NY for those.

Have a nice day
Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We've been working in the yard a lot the last 2 days. Sorry I was MIA.

Ems, good success on your tests.

Vickie, could Jim be talked into getting regular pedicures? That's what I"m doing to take care of ingrown toenails. I get them twice a month.

Nancy, that's interesting what happened at the hardware store. I think there are a lot of experiences that cannot be explained. I don't know what to suggest about the party. Do what you think is best.

Got to go. I have more watering to do. The plants are thirsty.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #24  

Finishing up some chores around the house and then in the morning I am driving to the beach to spend a few days with my cousin & her family.
The beach should be easier than the mountains because Robin wasn't
crazy about the beach. I often went with girlfriends and he was happy to stay home. I need to find some cheap places to stay at the beach . Who can afford the hotel rates there ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #25  

Nancy, have a great time at the beach with your friends.

I'm meeting with a dietician/nutritionist tomorrow to see if she has advice for me about how to get off of this plateau. We talked for a long time on the phone today, and she was totally supportive of my weight lifting activities and even knew something about lifting and nutritional needs, etc. I'm optimistic about her.

I have a niece coming to town tomorrow and I expect the weekend to be busy and fun. She's the sister of the niece who lives here and we always enjoy being together.

Have a good night everyone.

Last edited by Tejas; 05-27-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Ended up with Brodie at the Vet this morning. Has beginnings of an upper respiratory infection and bladder infection. Sheesh.

Gotto go bake some cookies for this weekend
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're going to whip that plateau for sure. Have fun with your nieces.

Vickie, sheesh is right. Are you wondering what next? I hope Brodie's all right. Remember to take care of yourself.

We're repairing our ceiling fans that were damaged during one of our storms. The porches held up well. The only damage on them was to the 4 ceiling fans. Whew!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #28  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy day went to the PB club with my friend Alice and than to the movies to see Hangover 2.Sorry for posting so late,but I wasn't feeling well and didn't sleep. I think I had to much going for me yesterday. Now my kitchen sink is stuck up and I'm waiting for the plumber to arrive.

Did manage to get down to the beach and got my walking for 20 mins done.Its getting hot up here and the lady from my bldg didn't come down for the holiday so I won't get my A/C's in the windows. Hoping I can survive until after the holiday when I will call my handyman.

SANDRA-Sometime yard work take priority over everything else. glad that you're having fun time in your flower garden.

NANCY-Have a great time at the beach with your friends.

RHONDA-Happy to hear you have such an good dietitian that you have conference in. Hope she knows hope to get you off this plateau.

VICKIE-Sorry about your Brody hope it get well soon.Be careful not to eat all those cookies your baking.

Have a great day
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #29  

OK, I've been to the nutritionist. Send cookies, Vickie

Sandra, glad to hear that you didn't have much damage. It could have all been so much worse.

Maryann, at least you aren't where it's in the 90's already!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, inquiring minds want to know what the nutritionist said.

Maryann, are your evenings cool? I would love to take a walk along the beach with you.

I'm making breakfast for dinner. I'll be counting points for sure. Have a Satisfying Saturday, ladies. I'll catch you later.