Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #31  

My dad did great in surgery...they thought they were going to be taking him to the ICU afterwards since it's such an involved surgery, but he's doing so well they took him straight to his room. I guess he's being the model patient. I'm not surprised. He IS a Boy Scout, after all. They think they got the whole mass cleanly out and mentioned something to my mom about how it doesn't really look like cancer. They will know more after they do the pathology, but seems like good news all around to me!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

That's great news about your dad, Angela. And, Paula, it's good to hear that your mom is improving too.

My friend has headed south to look at bluebonnets and see the Hill Country, as we call it. I'm getting ready for a party here Saturday for the neighbors. I'm too tired for this!

I did the elliptical and the bike today but for only 30 minutes total. I've got to increase that time. Tomorrow morning brings Todd and aquafit.

Have a great night everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Angela and Paula, I'm glad your parents are doing well.

Rhonda, you've been burning that candle, girl. Get some rest.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #34  

OK, Sandra, I rested last night

I just read "Lost 32# in 6 months" on the Goal! section of the boards. I recommend it to you all. She makes it clear that "a failure to plan is a plan to fail." She also lost her weight without much exercise, but sticking to around 1200 calories.

My weight just wouldn't budge from 179-182 the last few months. This morning I hit 178, and I will consider that a breakthrough and keep going. I have been able to move down from extra large blouses to large ones. I don't worry about pants too much because I have just great peasant hips and have worn extra large pants even when 10 pounds lighter. I'll get down to large eventually.

I bought the Mayo Clinic Diet book from their website. It is a great review of just about everything. According to their data, my BMI is still in the "obese" range, but 10 more pounds off would move it down. I need to lose down to 140 to be "normal." In other words, 39 more pounds need to come off. Well, OK then...but I might settle for 20 more off!

I don't think most of you would need it, but you might check it out when it comes to your local library, or recommend it to someone just starting this journey.

The book says this for women to lose at one pound a week:

if you weigh 250 or less, eat 1200 calories a day
if you weigh 251 to 300, eat 1400 calories a day
if you weight 301 or more, eat 1600 a day

I'm off to see Torture Todd today, then to swim, then to shop for party supplies.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! How exciting to hear that Paula's Mom and Angela's Dad are doing SO well. Now we just need a great report from Nancy's DH.

Rhonda, the Mayo book sounds good. Maybe I'll get it from the library when I have time to read again.

Sloan, you are working so hard. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Sandra, I'm on program too but it's not easy. Seems all I do is related to puppy lately. Nothing for Mommy.

Brodie is doing great. He does let me be on the computer a bit. I'll see if I can post a picture. I have a large mp camera and I don't know how to resize so it may not let me post it.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Yesterday, I took the day off from work and had a girls day with my DD, sister, and niece. We started the day with one hour facials (at a local aesthetician program for $20.00) then shopped and had lunch in a little historic town right outside of Nashville. We ended the day with DD having a friend over for drinks, and of course I had to indulge. Today is chemo day for my dad, so I'll be busy with that today. Spring break is almost over , but summer break will be here in about six weeks

Angela, good news about your dad and your baby boy. I hope you are still focusing on yourself and trying not to do too much.

Paula, glad to hear about your mom. I, too, am having crazy eating. I focus on calories/core then have nutty binges at night. I'm up and down with the weight. I'm frustrated but with myself, not any specific eating program! Why can't we just do the right thing?

Sandra, glad to see you here again. It must be nice to be able to sub then take a break when you want to.

Rhonda, I needed that 1200 calorie reminder. I also like the quote about planning. DD and I had that conversation yesterday. If we plan, we are always way more successful.

Maryann, I like your spunk!!

Nancy, I'm praying that Robin is doing well and you are getting rest so you can take care of him when he comes home! Let us know how things are going.

Vickie, I use my cell phone to post pics. I take the photo then send it to my e-mail and save it to my computer. Then I can post the photo here. You might try that if your camera gives you problems. Is Brodie getting settled? It sure takes a long time doesn't it?

I'm off to be with my parents for the chemo. My mom has already told me and my sis that our beds are ready for tonight. I think she is scared my dad will get sick, and she won't know what to do. I'll try to check in tomorrow. Have a great day, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #37  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Rainy days are back again,so it back to riding my bike some time today before or after my canasta card game.In spire of the rain I had my Physical Training Session this morning,and once the doctor gives the therapist the ok He will put me on a traction stimulator and get my neck/shoulder pain gone once and for all. Can't wait until that happens.

PAULA-Its not the group in general but the few woman I met and became friendly with. One woman is just like me that moved on the other two are using us like a crutch.Even my therapist said I was doing great after such a short time of being alone. I'm not saying that you don't talk about your loneliness once in a while but not every single day.

SANDRA-Oh we had a great dinner and no talking about the DH's at all. But these woman want to go out to dinner every night also because of there loneliness and its getting expensive.We talked them out of it. Lets hope they take the hint.

Have to go,and have my dinner before I meet my friends for Canasta
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #38  

Quiet tonight....that's good as long as no one is sneaking late night snacks
Old 04-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #39  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Its weird to think its night time where you are Tejas! Its 2.50pm here. I'm at work. And bored so wanting to eat but sipping my water and spending my time on here instead!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #40  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone! Just had the best breakfast -- ever make baked eggs? I sprayed a small oven proof pan with butter spray, put that in the oven to heat up. Once hot, cracked in 2 eggs, sprinkled it with a greek seasoning mix. Then into the oven for about 5 minutes (had it at 425). toasted up 1 slice of whole grain bread. Put the eggs on top of that. The eggs were nicely cooked, yolks still a bit runny. YUMMY. I've already been to the gym today -- had to cut it short as DH needed to leave at 8. Got in 35 minutes. Better than nothing.

Angela, so glad things went well with your dad. How long until Patholgoy results are in? I hope soon.

Sloan, how is your dad doing? I hope he's dealing with the Chemo OK.

My mom is continuing to progress -- she was practicing stairs and daily tasks in therapy yesterday. If I had to guess, she should be there a couple more weeks. I finally spoke to her last night -- I tried for 2 days. She is never in her room, which is good. I'm hoping she may consider a retirement community rather than staying in her house. Its fairly isolated. But, we'll deal with that later. I'm glad she is happy at the hospital.

Well, got to shower and get dd to gymnastics. Its vacation week here - -I'm off Monday - Wed with her. Monday there are 5 of us going into Boston on the Train to the Children's museum. Two adults, 2 7 year olds and 1 9year old. Should be fun. Have a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #41  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its a raining out today so there won't be any walks along the beach or anywhere this morning. Had a wonderful afternoon with my canasta friends of course my team lost.Will met up with them again tomorrow.

RHONDA=Just read about your posting that a 250-lb should eat 1200 per day to lose 1 lb. That's every little isn't it,even though it came from experts like the Mayo clinic.????? Oh yes I know the BMI list to well, it says I obese also until I reach 140,but my doctor says I'll never reach it,so he suggest going down to 150 instead. I still be in the obese charts but he says I would be healthier.

SLOANE-I have to be spunky as I'm alone and must protect myself,no matter what. None is going to put anything over me any more.

PAULA-Going on my trusty bike this afternoon as I got lazy when I came home last night,gave my mouth exercise as I was on the phone all night long.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #42  
focused and aiming

Bex. I look forward to getting to know you. Where do you live? I'm in the same time zone as Tejas (my cousin, too).

Paula, thanks for the tips on baking eggs. I may try that. I've never used Greek seasoning. Is it easy to find at grocery stores or is a specialty ingredient?

Rhonda, congratulations on being down to 178. And also congratulations on being down another clothes size.

The lady I am training with and I are eating 1200 calories a day. Well, I just started Thursday. She's been doing that awhile and is down around 25 pounds. She's having a garage sale today. I'm buying a food steamer from her. It's raining down here today, but I'm going to train anyway. I need to be used to shooting in rainy conditions just in case it's raining at A&M the end of the month when we're competing.

Vickie, I am proud of you for doing so well. I'm watching for photos.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good time with your friends. Curtis and I have a signal we use when one of us (usually him) is getting negative. We'll say, "It's a beautiful day." Maybe you and your friends could have a good talk, laugh, and get a signal. You could say that it applies to all of you. Maybe that way the two who are having trouble with moving forward wouldn't feel singled out and might be more receptive to being more positive. Just a thought.

Sloan, your girls' day out sounds like it was a blast. I'm glad you got to unwind and have some fun before your father needed you. I hope all went well for him yesterday and he's not having too much trouble.

Got to go. We're heading to town. Did ya'll notice I changed my signature? You all should have told me "It's a beautiful day," when I was whining the other day.

Love to you all. Have a wonderful Saturday.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #43  

Everything went well with the surgery and Robin is progressing everyday.
The first night after the surgery was a difficult one but after that we have seen
improvement everyday.

I am staying at the hospital with him around the clock except to rush home to shower & feed the pets.

I have learned to sleep in those crazy hospital recliners!!

He will move to a Rehab on Monday and I will only be allowed to visit at night so
I will post more then.

I will have to catch up on everyone else's post later..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan and Nancy....great news! Angela, any lab results yet? How are you and Dad and Miles doing?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I'm glad Robin's doing well. Remember to take care of yourself, too.