Height: 5'4"

Sloan..
should we let L J know we used to tell each other to go eat a pizza when
we were competing to see who could hit 130 first
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #47  

L J

The shrimp with peas and carrots sounds really good.
I think the barley with it is a great idea.. I think I will try that.

I used to love shrimp with carrots and snowpeas but I haven't
made it in a long time.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

Paula, we all have our mental tricks that we're using. I think the mental game here is about 98% when it comes to being on plan. We just have to figure out the best mental plan for each of us.

Maryann, I'm glad you're getting to go out with your friend. Makes me smile.
And you know what? We all need you here, too.

Sloan, 130? I can't even imagine how I'd feel at that weight. And I'm 5'2", too. I'm struggling to get to 150 and am a long way from there. Life goes on. Your day with family females sounds like it was fantastic. Makes me smile.

Jeanies, WW meeting weigh ins are based on a week beginning on a certain day. I am thinking the week actually starts over on Sunday but am not sure. I do know that if you go back before the day of the week that you joined, you can attend without paying but I don't think they will weigh you. Not sure. Be sure to ask and let us know what you find out.

Rhonda, I'm not surprised except that it's just 100 calories. I read that Applebees hasn't reported correctly about their Weight Watcher menu items.
That's wrong for them to lie about that.

We're going to a tournament tomorrow then to Collin Street Bakery for soup/sandwich and a sweet. That's how we'll celebrate my birthday. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #49  

Mornin' All
Thank you for the kind welcome. I tried to edit my original post and somehow deleted it, but wanted to say thank you to those who did see it and wished me well in my recovery. When you get blind sided with that kind of news it's barely believeable. I am a two year survivor so far. So thank you for the kind words.
Jeanies, WW meeting week is Sunday - Saturday, and yes you can go to a meeting before Saturday and count it as your weigh in... Best of luck to you.
BeachBum thank you for you kind words, and I am so sorry for you loss.
Sloanie and Nancy best laid plans of mice and men....funny...because Pizza was dinner last night, so it was funny when I read your post this morning. I did count the points though.
There's good possibly the shrimp will be tonight. I still have to measure my portions.
I love CORE, but this time I am having a hard time...guess because they changed how the plan works, it's embetted in my brain, but I do tend to eat mostly Fillng Foods (just can't get used to that name) Either way I'm OP.
The good news is I did not gain any weight over the holiday, but I still am striving for my 'personal' goal. I'm good with my WW goal, but that's not good enough, it just keeps me a non paying member.
Anyway...I hope everyone has a lovely day....and again Thank You for the Welcome.
I hope everyone understood that I certainly did not mean anything negative about this board...it was WW.com I was referring to. Sorry Sandra
LJ

Last edited by L.J.; 01-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chickies, it's still snowy in Nashville, TN. I think it's supposed to warm up a little tomorrow, though. I'm gonna try to be productive today and get a little cleaning done. I'm also planning to drink more water, Rhonda

L.J. In knew you were not talking about us. I just wanted you to know how nice we are I'm glad you are here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Jeanie, I hope your weigh in makes you happy today!

Nancy, maybe we could order some pizza from Sandra when she opens her pizzaria

Sandra, I hope you have a super birthday! Good luck at the tournament

Rhonda, thanks for the open invitation! You never know when I might just show up!!

Vickie and Maryann, Good mornin'
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #51  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful time with my new friend Mandy,I couldn't believe all the things we had in common.From being introduced to her DH from a friend to the deaths of both husbands. She's into all sorts of sports like ice skating,swimming, bike riding etc and she wants me to join her.So that's a plus in the exercising dept.Going to have my hair cut and styled this afternoon. Canceled my appointment the day of the blizzard,so now it has to get done.

SLOAN-I had a wonderful time with my new friend,and another thing we had in common is her birthday is 2 days after mine. Speaking about cleaning I still have so much to do,24 hrs in a day is just not enough time.

JEANNIE-I'm think you can go to any meeting as long as its once a week.When I used to go to the meeting I switch times but it was in the same place. Don't go to meeting anymore.I use this tread as a meeting room.

RHONDA-Yes I listen to classical music,but right now its Country & Western on my Sirius radio called the ROADHOUSE from Texas.

SANDRAHAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MANY MORE.Thanks for you kind words I love being with your guys also.

LJ-Thanks,I still trying to get used to losing my dear beloved husband. He passed on 11/2.

Have to go, get ready for my hair cut,will be back later.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Happy Birthday, Sandra. Have a great day. Collin Street Bakery, YES! I ordered their fruitcake for Christmas. My Daddy used to go there and get one every Christmas. Say "hi" if you see his spirit hanging out there.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-09-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

We're home and are fat and sassy. The tournament was fun and we "learned a lot." (That means we didn't shoot well.) Collin St. Bakery was fabulous. I won't tell you what we had. I'll just say we're both dusting right and left.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I appreciate you all so much.

I apologize for not writing much, but we're tired from all our gallavanting today. I'll catch you tomorrow.

Night night.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #54  

Hubby got his Nutrisystem foods yesterday and they do not look very appetizing. He said he was going to stick it out for the month and then decide
what to do next. Maybe he will do Core/Sonoma with me.

It seems like a lot of pastry/chips/cookies which seems like the stuff he needs
to learn to stay away from.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, my dad did nutrisystems, and I thought the food looked yukky! I also agree with you about the junky carbs. Oh well, maybe he will jump start his weight loss then start to eat what you are eating. I definitely think the core/sonoma approach is more healthy

Have a great Sunday, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #56  

Height: 5' 10"

Nancy, what is the Sanoma plan like?
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Funny about Nutrisystem. Vickie, isn't Jim doing that and losing weight?

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! Sorry I haven't been around. I've got a hamstring that's keeping me away from the computer chair. I promise to be back to catch up just as soon as I can.

Linda....OMG, welcome back! I'm SO sorry to hear about the cancer but REAL happy to hear that you beat it. Don't worry about the gain. I know how you are. You'll get it back off. I gained all mine back and am relosing again. I've still got 107 more to lose so I'll be here for life I think!

Nancy/Rhonda, my husband Jim has been on Nutrisystem since last January 13th and has lost 65 pounds. I only made it on Nutrisystem a week before going to Jenny Craig. The food didn't taste very good to me but then I'm a self-confessed foodie. I don't think it's junk though. It's based on the glycemic index and I think some of it has better ingredients than JC. He's a type II diabetic and his numbers have NEVER been better. His A1C is 5.8 which is outstanding. Of course, some of that is from losing weight but much is because of the low glycemic index of the food. I think a person could do worse. You must supplement with large amounts of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grain too. That's just the way the program is. Jim got extra food because he needed to lose 100 pounds or more. He hated the first month from QVC because he couldn't pick his own food. Once he got to pick, it was better. JMHO. Good lucky to your hubby, Nancy.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

I guess my point on NS and JC is that I agree that the processed part isn't great and we definitely prefer all fresh but we had to learn portion control in a HUGE way. These programs are great for that. We kept eating with WW beyond one portion. We these programs, when it's gone, it's gone. I'm only eating the lunches and the dinners, so I'm trying to convince myself that I'm getting mostly fresh. But I do agree with Sloan that they aren't the best. They do serve a purpose though.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-10-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #60  

Paula..
Sonoma is a Mediterranean diet that emphasizes
the heart heathy "power foods" like tomatoes/
almonds/spinach/cabbage/berries/sweet potatoes.

I have been reading so many of the power food
articles that I forget exactly which foods
go with which, but I saw a show by Dr. Oz and he
stressed the same foods as the diet.
It does not conflict with core it just stresses
the "best of the best" foods.

I'll do a better list for you if you want it.

I have a achy joints and eating this way helps.