Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Happy New Year!!

All is well here, too. We had our black-eyed peas, so 2010 should be a good year. The weather is gorgeous and I'm very tempted to work in the yard. Other than that, we're watching bowl games and I'm also working on our archery schedule.

Maryann, whatever you might have gained should come off quickly. You do extremely well. Wish I weighed what you weigh.

I weighed this am (first time in quite awhile) and found I've stayed the same.) I'll take it and be happy about it. That means I'm still 10 pounds lighter than when we were in Ohio back in August. That's not 1 pound a week, but it's something.

Rhonda, I just ordered me a tankini/swim shorts/swim briefs online. I have thought of what I can do for I'll go to Hulen Park and in the heated lap pool. I believe it's $3 or $3.50 per visit. I'm wasting my club membership at the fitness center, but I think this is something I'll actually do as the pool is about 5 minutes from our place. There won't be a class, but I can "jog", etc... in the lap lanes.

Vickie, I'm going to in a few minutes instead of working in the yard. I doubt I'll do both. It's gorgeous out but still a little chilly.

Have a fabulous FIRST, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Better than the 15 degrees it is here, I'll wager!

Congratulations on the 10 pounds. Mine isn't 1 pound a week either, but I'll take it. My wise friend Rhonda says even a half pound a week adds up to 26 pounds in a year!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

I did my treadmill but I did NOT want to. I'm off to eat dinner now. YUM!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

That is wise. Enjoy your dinner. I did my , too.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I have not exercised today, but I did spend several hours with DD sorting, cleaning, and organizing her stuff for moving back in to her room. We had just piled stuff up when she came home, so our goal was to do a "clean sweep" and get her moved back in. We got most everything done, so now all she has to do is finish her laundry from our trip, and she should be settled. I can't believe that I will be back to school on Monday! I've got tons to do!!!!

Maryann, I'm happy to hear from you! It sounds like your holiday has been good. I still have not weighed, but I think I am in the same boat as you. We will have to get busy and get these extra pounds off.

Sandra and Vickie, way to go on the exercise! You go, girls!!

I have finally entered technology land! I can't believe it took me so long to figure out how to add my picture as my avatar!

Hey Rhonda

Last edited by sloanie; 01-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yikes...I forgot the black eyed peas..there's still time!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #37  

We had a great visit with relatives in Ohio after Christmas.

Oh my..I thought I was being very careful about my eating but I have gained
2 pounds since Christmas. I must start exercising to get this under control.

I went out to eat tonight with friends and got the salmon salad that was
just about the best thing I have ever eaten. It had feta cheese and asparagus
on it and I had a glass of wine which I do about once a year LOL.
Perfect evening with friends.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #38  

Good Morning:

I highly recommend that everyone go to the "goal" section on 3FC and read "Lori Bell's" story. It is really inspirational. She lost 180 pounds in 2 years.

We ate some black-eyed peas, so we're safe now! I have never-ever forgotten those. Normally, I have my big meal on New Year's Day and don't forget, but the schedule got changed this year. See---on the first day of retirement, I lost my memory. And, on New Year's Eve I dreamed that I was going back to work to teach a few courses. Uh huh...not doing that.

I have my assessment at the gym today. I know that these appointments are to sell personal trainer services, and I just might fall for it. I loved having a trainer in Toronto. Of course, she was a friend and gave me special prices, so it's quite a different situation. We'll see.

I walked for about 3 hours yesterday. The first hour was with the dog. ( I don't think I've told you that we have DH's daughter's 9 year old Husky now). Then, 8 family members went on a two hour hike at a local state park. It has been so long since I've hiked in a state park. I enjoyed myself immensely.

Today I am also going to work out my own exercise routine using the book I told you about. I'm looking forward to that.

Sloan, it's too bad that you have to go back to work. I really need help getting organized I'm so glad that your daughter is at home. She, no doubt, really needs some time to feel safe and trust the universe again.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #39  

More festivities today, ugh! Will it ever end? We have a family anniversary party today and a birthday party tomorrow!!! I am officially horrified that I have gained 7 pounds since before Thanksgiving I will "watch it" for the next two days and start hard core on Monday with journaling, water, and walking. I am so glad I have you chicks because I think I would not be so determined if it weren't for y'all. I need some kicks in the butt and a personal coach. Help!!!!

Rhonda, I read the Lori Bell story. Wow! It is amazing what determination can do. Thanks for recommending her story!!! Good luck with the fitness eval. Let us know how it goes.

Hey to the rest of you chicks! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Sloan and Rhonda, I love your new avatars. You girls are cute!!

Sloan, I remember how holidays would sail past when I was teaching. It's amazing how much more slowly they go now.

I did 20 min so far today. My goal for this week is 5 times @ 40 min a day. I'll do my other 20 min later today while we watch a movie. I'm heading out to weed the big rosebed when I get off here.

Rhonda, I'm testing the peas. I bought a TX Lottery ticket today.

Nancy, 2 lbs is almost maintaining. I think you did well. Your salmon salad sounds yummy.

Rhonda, I thought you'd be getting a pet soon. I'm glad you have a good walking buddy now. Your neighborhood is perfect for walking. You already know this but there are oodles of state parks around. Enjoy!

Sloan, you'll get those extra pounds off quickly. You sound like a woman with a plan. I am not doing Core now but don't want to leave this board. Ya'll are all family. What I'm doing is allowing myself 29 pts per day. I made myself a sheet that looks like this:

Monday 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29

I use an orange highlighter to circle pts as I consume them--starting @ 29. That way I can see how many pts I have left for the day. If I have pts left at the end of the day, I can always circle them on another day if needed.

This sounds a little silly, but it's working for me. So far, I'm not feeling hungry at all. Twenty-nine is quite a few points. I also draw a circle for each 10 min on . This week I should have 4 circles under each weekday name.

What are some "tricks" some of you are using? I'm always ready to hear ideas.

Rhonda, I'll read Lori's story later today after I work in the yard.

Have a splendid Saturday, everyone.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #41  

Hubby just decided to try the Nutrisystem meals. I am glad because
I think it will be easy for him to follow and help him learn portion control.
I don't say much but his portions are sometimes 3x's what they should be.
I could not do that plan because I like fresh, quality foods.

My plan is to cook meals after he ends the plan that will make it easy for him to
trasnfer to regular food. He is a basic foods type so I need to find
things that will fit that . He likes the Diet Coke Sloppy Joe.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Sloan, it sounds like your hubby has a good plan--and so do you.

Curtis
Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Sloan, it sounds like your hubby has a good plan--and so do you.

Curtis does and daily. He's talking about going back to the club to workout. I'm going to go to the local pool to workout on my own. (lap pool)

Last edited by ontarget; 01-02-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #44  

Hey chicks, I just got back from the anniversary party, and we had a great time. BTW, my DH is not the one with the plan. My DH is diabetic and does pretty well with his eating. He monitors his A1C and his doc is pretty happy with how he is doing. Nancy's DH is the one that is gonna try nutrisystem, and I am wishing him well!

Nancy, it is hard to give food advice to these men, isn't it? They have to come up with a plan for themselves or they won't stick to it. I hope your hubby likes nutrisystem. I have always thought it sounded like a good plan.

Rhonda, thanks for the kind words about DD. I am trying not to pressure, but from what she is saying, it sounds like she is on the right track. She has joined 3FC and plans to post on the 20 something threads. She has also started a journal for her "fresh start".

Sandra, the holiday has flown past. I'm sure that being out of town for almost a week made it seem even shorter 'cause there was not much down time. Thanks for the compliment on our photos; we are cute, aren't we? I'll bet that eventhough you are using your point chart, you are still choosing core foods. Don't stop posting; we will miss you too much!

Hey Vickie!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #45  

I went for my fitness assessment only to be told that the trainer wasn't there. I KNOW she told me Jan. 2nd, but it's not a problem. The gym is 10 minutes from my house. They have added on more aquafit classes also.
The aquafit is really good, and I put a lot into it...sleeping really well too.

Speaking of DH's and portion control. Believe me, my DH isn't interested but from time to time he does note that he didn't need to eat so much...so, he is noticing. The Bowflex is still in the box, but this week I'm going to directly ask him to set it up.

We went to Chili's for lunch and I ordered a salad with grilled chicken, no sauce, no dressing. I didn't eat any bread either. I'm back on track now and think I'll count points for a while also.

I'm packing up Christmas decor tonight. I hope you're all having a good evening.

Rhonda