Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Alone, blessed alone! I didn't go to the office, but spent much of the day dealing with crises. Some of them involved student behavior and well-being so it's been a challenge.

But, now my friend is gone, and I have silence. I'm going to treasure it. I bet though I might be a bit nervous in this huge, old house at night, alone. We'll see.

My eating has been very good today, and tomorrow I begin the day with an extra exercise class at 7AM.

I hope the tooth extractions aren't too awful!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

I had a good 2 days subbing then Curtis and I went to the movies to see the new Vince Vaughn. Now we're just chillin'.

Rhonda, enjoy your holiday.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #33  

Good Morning:

So, I was out in the local park at 7AM with the exercise class. As we lay on our backs doing abdominal crunches a flock of geese headed south in formation flew over...beautiful sight.

I'm off later to spend more time with ex's niece and her children. We went out yesterday and I bought clothes for the kids...that was fun. Today, it's our turn to have a few treats.

I've had oatmeal for breakfast and feel ready to start this chilly day. I hope you're all doing well. I managed OK last night here in this big house alone.

Rhonda
Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

The tooth extraction went well. DS has even been a little entertaining while on pain medicine. He was a little disturbed by feeling "warm and fuzzy" when the pain med took effect (he's never experienced this type of medicine). My day will consist of "baby sitting" him, but I'm sure tomorrow he'll be on his own.

Sandra,give us a review on the movie. Did you like it?

Rhonda, when I'm home alone at night, sometimes I sleep downstairs on the couch. I'm not sure why, but I think it makes me feel more in control. Maybe if you turn on some "feel good" movies it will seem more cozy.

Hope everyone has a good day! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm glad you're all safe and warm. I've been running all week. We are going to nest this weekend. I made some zero point soup for later and froze six serving for two.

Talk to you all soon. Stay on program. I thought it was SO hard in the beginning. I've just been taking it day by day and meal by meal. Now I have still a LONG way to go but am happy with my progress. It will be 9 months on Tuesday. Time is going to go by no matter what you do. Wouldn't it be nice if you were thinner when it happened?

Last edited by Vickie; 10-10-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #36  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Both of us had a bad night so we're staying indoors today and relaxing. I woke up with my nose all stuffed that I had to go down stairs for the nasal spray.I think my sinuses are acting up again even those the hay fever is almost over.Leo of course with this coughing.

RHONDA-No I'm not getting ant ads on my screen.Have a Happy Thanksgiving & a nice turkey burn spin,that it cute .How many calories can you burn in class???? When I spin[ being lazy] I go 1 mins ever 5 min for 30 mins and according to my calorie book I burn 116 calories.Have no idea if I'm having a turkey this year now that Leo doesn't want to eat. Its silly to buy one of I'm the only one going to eat it. Will make the side dishes,for myself but in a small quantity.

SLOANE-Leo has taken mucinex before and it didn't work,now he taking cough syrup with codeine. Doctor tells him its the lungs way of clearing themselves. Glad that your son wisdom tooth removal went fine.Didn't like that when it happen to me,as I can sympathize.

VICKIE-Happy Nesting.relax and have a great holiday weekend.
That's what we're doing.

Have a great weekend going to watch the 3rd President Cup day of golf.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, your morning in the park with geese flying overhead sounds awesome. I'm glad you're having some time to recoop and regroup. Enjoy your weekend. Are you getting some new, smaller clothes today? We'll be waiting to hear what you get.

Sloan, about ds. I'm glad he's having an easy time so far and hope that continues.

Vickie, thank you for your post. You said it all. It's hard for me to be content with 1 lb per week. I keep thinking about what that'll mean next year this time.

Maryann, enjoy your weekend. WW has "fairly" good turkey TV dinners if you're interested. I know that's not the same, but it's something.

I am debating on whether to get dressed and go to town or not. I'm very tempted to stay home all day since I worked almost all week. Next week I keep the granddaughters Monday then sub Wed/Thurs. That'll be an easier week.

The movie was cute. "Couples Retreat" I don't usually go see comedies at the theater. I normally like to rent them later and go to movies for BIG productions; however, I did have a good time. After the movie we had vegetable plates at a local restaurant. We're a wild pair, aren't we?
Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #38  

Hi All:

No, I didn't buy any clothes for myself, Sandra. Instead I have bought some new bedding to use at my friend's house. It's just a treat to be a little more luxurious in this period. I made three trips to a Goodwill-type store to get rid of stuff today, mostly clothes. It felt quite liberating.

I've eaten well today too. Oatmeal, fruit, salad, soup, eggs, etc. I did have a biscotti with my coffee this morning though.

Maryann, I usually spin off about 500 calories a class. That's what's so disheartening about such slow losing. But, I am losing and can feel my shape changing for the better.

Sloan, I'm glad the little guy didn't suffer too much. Of course, it might be a different story right about now! I hope he can sleep. I think you asked when I'm actually retiring...Dec. 31st is the date, but I hope to be able to leave on Dec. 18th when the holiday break begins.

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you are treating yourself. I'll bet you'll be really comfy with your new linens.

My eating could have been better today. I did do some but not much. I doubt I'll have a loss this week.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the well wishes for my DS chicks! He's doing well, but he looks like a chipmunk. His pain is under control and he's able to rest. I hope he will feel well enough to go to class tomorrow.

Rhonda, it's funny to think of Eric as "the little guy". He's 6 feet tall and weighs about 280! He is a big baby, though. I think he would still sit in my lap if it would not kill me! BTW the sheets sound lovely!

I'm planning to hang around the house again today. I think I might do some painting on my door if the weather stays clear. Have a great day!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #41  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its getting colder now that we're heading into the mid October,and we must get the A/C out of the windows pretty soon.

Not going to church as Leo is feel out of breath just walking around, so I'll be here for him just in case.Today he took his first chemo pill,and we're soon find out what kind of side effects we'll be dealing with.

SANDRA-Thanks its going to be another relaxing day for us. I know about those turkey frozen dinners.Hope fully I will find some turkey part to munch on instead. Last year we bought an 8 pound one and made soup & sandwich for a few weeks.

My friends & I like to go out to the movies and comedy is what we like.Maybe we'll go see Couples Retreat when it comes to our theaters.

RHONDA-If I have the chance to go to the good will I have 4 bags of clothes to get rid of. All clothes that don't fit me anymore and I don't believe they will never in the near future.

WOW 500 calories Don't think I could spinning that much,like I posted I spin every 5 mins. on a 30 min ride.I think that only 160 burned calories.That's fantastic that your losing even if it slow, losing pounds & inches is a good achievement.

Have a great Sunday,

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #42  

Hi All:

I've just returned from seeing my former MIL in the nursing home. Alzheimer's is devastating, but I must say that sometimes she has us in stitches. Today, we all laughed so hard, we cried. She was really with us today.

My eating continues to go very well. I've had cold cereal, fruit, and chicken soup today. I'm going to my godson's this afternoon and I hope I can keep myself firmly in control as I have been. I'll do my best.

I hope you're all having a great day today. It was in the 40's here this morning. No frost yet, but it's not far away. I don't think I'll be doing pushups in the park when there's frost on the grass. We have to find an alternative!

Rhonda
Old 10-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #43  

Hi everyone,

My name is Mikah and I just started Core .Coming from a long background of ED , and obsessions of calories counting, CORE seemed like a big relief to me . I am doing WW online thing, so I can log everything on their website.
I need to lose about 10 lbs to feel comfortable in my skin (Im 5"3 and 143 now.)
I am having a hard time knowing "how much" I am supposed to eat ?
I really love the fact that technically you dont have to measure with this plan . Here are my questions for you ladies :

To those who have had success with core :

#1 Do you really not measure ?
#2 From my understanding pasta, brown rice and potatos are once a day / oats , blk beans, corn etc are eat to satisfaction ...but do you all have some sort of guildeine on your starches at all ? For instance do you all try not to have a grain at every meal or anything like that ?
#3 I do not "cook" with oil ... What is the harm in substituting 1 T of almond butter / natural PB for the oil ? Is it some type of scientific thing that makes you hold if you exchange olive oil for a daily serving of PB ? Or is it just a binge trigger so WW has taken it upon themselves to limit this particular food ?

#4 Do you all use your 35 points ? If you did use your 35 points a week , would that hinder your weight loss ?

#5 How much do you all workout? Do you consider a stroll in the park a workout , or must it be a standard sweat drenching workout to count as activity ?

I really need some encouragement because I am afraid that this will not work for me as I feel tainted with the calorie counting, percentages of macros etc etc etc? Im having a hard time having trust in what I think a portion size is, eating it and moving on without obsessing over exact contents .
Any pointers will help !

PS Ill post this in the forum as well so others who do not participate in the chat might be able to give me advice !

Thanks everyone !
M~

Last edited by mikahrae; 10-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.
mikahrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #44  

Mikahrae...
Welcome...
I have been doing core and tried South Beach but I'm back to core because
it seems easier..

The first weeks will be hard because you are learning a new way to eat,
but then it gets easier...
I just had to face it that if I wanted a change in my weight that it meant I had to change what I ate ..no way around it...

This is what I understand about the grains.. I hope someone else will
straighten me out if I have it wrong.

One serving of whole wheat pasta, potatos or brown rice a day is allowed.
One serving of whole grain cold cereal is allowed.(limited to only the grains,
like puffed wheat, shredded wheat)

Not sure about the Olive Oil substitution.. It is a heathy oil and South Beach
recommends it also..

Hope you like the diet.

Last edited by nancy237; 10-11-2009 at 07:13 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Micah. Nancy has given you some good advice. If you have problems with portion control, try these tricks:

Use a smaller plate (luncheon plate)
Use a salad fork
Make sure you can see "plate" between your different foods on your plate.
FOLLOW THE 8 HEALTHY GUIDELINES.

There are other "tricks" to use to help. I think it would be good if each one of us here posted some that work for us.

Good success to you.