Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!!! I had a nice day yesterday. I'm enjoying my books and the bubble bath was awesome.

I've got to eat breakfast (it's getting late) and exercise (my 4th time this week) and then I'll be back to catch up.

Drink your water! It's important to moving all those great simply filling foods through.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #47  

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Good week,and dietitian this coming wk.

Hope everyone is having a safe/sane long weekend. I spent my first week w/o ww,but have kept up my tracking/journaling everything I eat/drink. This wk. I have a app. to see a dietitian,and have a list of questions to ask. I do have thryoid issues (slow,natch) but am on meds for it. I want to know what I'm not doing right,and if s/he will set me up to continue the losing path...(1 -2 lbs.per wk. would make me very happy) I've been honest with my journaling foods,and amounts I eat. If anyone has a question you think I must ask,pls. let me know. I'll report back here w/any info. I receive. Until then...be healthy Choices~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #48  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm getting ready to curl up with a book as soon as I get off the puter. I'm reading a murder mystery. What are you reading?

Choices, I meant to tell you I like your username. You're right. This is all about choices. Let us know what your doctor said. One of mine suggested Weight Watchers. The other played like he was sprinkling dust on me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra-I have done better today, eating wise. I know I don't have the credentials to be the driver. I usually need someone to crack the whip on me, too!

I've been working on lesson stuff all day. I did run to the store, but for the most part I have had a pretty quiet day. It is storming now, but I am on battery, so no danger of lightening. I have an unfinished book from this summer, and all this talk of reading makes me want to finish it.

Hope the rest of you chicks have had a good day and have something nice planned for tomorrow!

TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

I read for a bit today andam now just chillin on the sofa.

Sloan, congrats on eating better today. I used 3 waps. I've used about 20 so far this week and am doubting I'll have much if any of a loss this week. Oh,well, at least I'm making healthy choices and am feeling better in my clothes.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I've been reading a little, too! Now I'm watching "Sound of Music" with DS.

Sandra-After such a big loss for the first week, you may not see much this week. The important thing is having success and also feeling better in your clothes.

Nighty night chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

Thanks, Sloan. I'm still op. I know I'm not supposed to weigh each day and a good reason for that is weight fluctuates. Mine is zigzagging up and down. I hope it is on a downward swing in the AM for WI.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra....6 POUNDS IS AWESOME!! I am SO very proud of you. And you've been on program all week so you'll probably have another good loss. There's just no telling though. Look at me....I was good and stayed the same. We just have to put our heads down and keep on working at our programs. I'm on the scale all the time too. I don't change my behavior....I just need to know what it says.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had such a fun and productive trip. I'm especially proud of you too for not gaining more than .6. That's truly astounding and demonstrates that you really exercised self-control. Now for the packing!

Sloan, you are one of the Chicks now and we take care of our own. It doesn't matter if you've been here for a week or 5 years...like me.

Speaking of time...RITA....of course I remember you. Welcome Home Chickie! I'm still hanging in here too stupid to give up. Since you've been gone I lost 45 pounds and gained it all back plus and am now on the way back down and have lost 36 pounds to date. I'm on Jenny Craig right now because I couldn't learn portion control. As soon as I get a handle on it, I'll be back at WW and eating all Core foods. Sorry about your DH and you. Sad. I'm a stress eater too so I understand the whole frito thing. You can do it and in the process you'll help Christopher too. Just start hanging out here with us again. You know we'll try to help all we can.

Choices, let us know how your weigh in goes and definitely share anything you learn from your Dietitian. Sometimes I think I could be one myself but who'd go to a fat Dietitian?

My Doctor said any program was good if I'd follow it. Grrrr....I wanted to crack him. Actually, he said he was great with WW and ok with JC and Nutrisystem. He's not a fan of the processed foods but thought it would be good for a jumpstart.

Jim and I just emptied a bunch of junk out of the basement that has been there since the last cancelled garage sale. We still have more stuff to get rid of. I'm on a mission to declutter. Our house is big but we were running out of room. We have too much stuff we don't need or use. Like fat.

I'm gonna go snap some fresh green beans for dinner. Tonight I'm having chicken fajitas. They are yummy. I saute some mushrooms and add them in. http://www.jennycraig.com/food/cuisi...ner/detail/30/

Talk to you all later.

Good luck in the morning, Sandra. I'll be waiting to hear the news.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #54  

Height: 5'7.5"

Thumbs up Back from the dietitian,and good news

First of all my first week out of WW meetings,and I lost a lb.yea. I'm still tracking,journaling my food and drink,but not doing points. I'm very happy about it.
What the d & i spoke about. I took in ALL my food journals from june,all the vititmins I take daily,and a list of questions. Like,why do some 'diets' tell me to eat bread,grains,etc. and some don't,some say drink milk,some don't..all the confusing contradictions. And WHY,oh why am I losing so flippin slo?
Her answers surprised me. First she looked at all my health scores,blood tests etc.and what I weighed 8yrs.ago. read all my food lists,and said 'I think your eating excellent',all the veggies are good,etc.Then she said in the last 8yrs.I've lost over 20lbs. AND quit smoking! So you weigh less,and don't smoke,and eat healthy...Wow! I guess I didn't look at it that way. She helped me see a larger picture,rather than just the numbers from wk. to wk. Okay, so why the slow loss...she said it,(like we don't already know this) Excercise...arobic,and? weights. I walk almost every day,but I need to move more...as we age...yadayada.
So I'm making plans to get back into the gym,and to stick with it.
Also not to go on too long here,she continued saying some people can eat all the bread and grains they want,and they stay feeling full a long time...some (like me) get hungry a hr. after I eat cereal...so that means what I need is different,and we all have to find what it is that 'works' for us,and stick with that. Their is no ONE way to eat for everybody. I know protein is the one thing that keeps me satisfied longer,so I need some of that w/ea.meal. Any questions,pls. ask...keep truckin gals..
And welcome all the newbies! choices....(so many choices;o)
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

Choices, thank you for this beautiful post. It sounds like you have a wise WW leader.