Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're having a good day eatingwise. Glad the strikers are back to work.

Vickie, we got up early for several weeks when the guys were building the porches. it's good to sleep in again.

Maryann, thank you. Curtis and I are planning to make getting back to the gym and eating op again after the 12th. Till then we'll do what we can. You're right. We can do it. We just have to get busy.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Busy, busy, busy first days of school! I wish it was next week already! I don't mind going back, I just hate the turmoil of the first few days. I think it's because I don't feel like I get much accomplished! I've done pretty well, food wise, so now I need to get back into the exercise! Rhonda, you are such an inspiration to me! I want to exercise as much as you exercise!

I have scanned the posts and have been thinking about all of you. Hopefully in the next few days, things will calm down and I'll be able to keep up!

Hope you all have a restful night! I'll check in tomorrow
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 10"

Good evening everyone. Its been a good day food wise for me. It was a busy day. Dropped dd off at camp at 9, then went blueberry picking. I picked 9 pounds! I think I ate a pound while picking. They were perfect -- tons of ripe berries and not a lot has been picked yet. DD and I are going back on Saturday. I have 4 quart bags in the freezer and a big bowl for us to eat. I came home and then went grocery shopping, had lunch then ran some errands for DH. When done with that I did go for a 1/2 hour bike ride.

I'm loving biking. I really am pushing myself - rather than putting it into an easier gear to get up a hill (ok, small incline!), I really started pushing myself. It felt great. Then I had time to shower and then go get DD from camp. Then go dinner going in the pressure cooker, took DD to gymnastics, came home and had dinner, cleaned up, made blueberry banana muffins, walked the dog, got DD into the shower and now FINALLY am sitting down. I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can have a break!

Sloan, are the students back as well? We don't go back until Sept 2nd.

Rhonda, glad the strike is over! Must smell better

Maryann, I do find I do better with either high fiber or high protein. Thanks for the information.

Vickie -- how are things? Hope all is well. A small gain is nothing to worry about, you lose that plus next week.

Hi Donna and Sandra. Coco and Nancy - you still here??

Well, have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Paula, I'm here. Picking blueberries sounds so good to me. Curtis and I used to pick huckleberries up in the mountains. We had fun then got to enjoy the fruit of our efforts.

Sloan, I'm anxious to start subbing. This year I got to go back to school shopping. Felt like a kid again. Life is good.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sloanie, I'm glad I'm inspiring you. I never would have thought I'd be doing this much. I'm out six days a week, doing something. I've found that having a class for spinning and a small group for "booty camp" is a help. It's more fun in a group. I am learning that three days in a row of spinning is maybe one day too many at this stage. The ligaments over my knees get very stiff.

Paula, I'm glad you're enjoying the biking and I wish I lived where that is safer. A lot of people ride bikes in Toronto but it scares me...there is so much traffic! Those blueberries do sound good. They're very plentiful up here in Ontario, and I eat lots of them on cereal or in smoothies...really, really good..

I hope you all have a good night. I'm not doing one lick of work at home tonight! Tomorrow my Godson is helping move more stuff to storage, and then I'll have more room to have an easier time of painting.

Good night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Have a busy day,going out to the center and see what the doctor says about Leo's Petscan.Hope it just a sinus problem and not the Big C again. I don't know how to handle the latter anymore.

Quote:
Maryann, thank you. Curtis and I are planning to make getting back to the gym and eating op again after the 12th. Till then we'll do what we can. You're right. We can do it. We just have to get busy.
SANDRA-Glad that I could help. We all have busy days and don't have the time to eat right. Just as long as you get back, that's the main thing.The only thing please don't disappear from the chat.I have seen too many people on different boards that start gaining, leave the boards for good. Too me that the biggest mistake as every one needs support from other chat or board members.

Quote:
Busy, busy, busy first days of school! I wish it was next week already! I don't mind going back, I just hate the turmoil of the first few days. I think it's because I don't feel like I get much accomplished!
SLOAN-Can't believe that it time for going back to school again. The seasons just come a go. I know that once the road race this weekend comes the tourist start leaving and the roads & shops get emptier than usual. Have a a great school year.

Quote:
Maryann, I do find I do better with either high fiber or high protein. Thanks for the information.
PAULA- When ever I see a high fiber product in the super market I always buy it and along with the protein Keep me from nibbling needlessly.I found that the Fiber One has a yogurt with 5 fibers & its only 50 calories.

RHONDA-I like to thank you for helping this little chat with your spinning. I'm not doing it like your class teaches ,but I do feel a difference in moving faster on the bike than I used to do,and its fun doing it also.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to the treadmill for the first time in many, many, weeks.

It's time.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #23  

Maryann: One of the things that is done in class that would be easy to do at home is sprints. So, you start at a moderate pace and get comfortable with it, then for 30 seconds or so you go as fast as you possibly can...then back to more moderate...do that about 4 times. That's one of my favorite routines.

I hope everyone has a good day. DH and Godson have just loaded Godson's van and are taking stuff to storage. They will have to make two trips. I will enjoy being alone in the house and getting my work done with no one around!! Blessed quiet!!

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 10"

Rhonda, what is your timing on putting the house on the market?
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #25  
beachbum

Thanks Rhonda I will try the sprints,that sounds easy enough. I been on the bike more than walking as the end of July and Aug is too hot to go power walking out doors.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #26  

Paula, we're trying for August 12, next Wednesday. I have only a few more walls to paint and some baseboards. Then we have to touch up the back porch, put stain on the front porch and clean up! I need to do just another few hours in the garden. We should be able to do that in a week. Hopefully, it won't rain for a few days.

The inspector pointed a few things which we'll have done, but they don't have to be done before we list.

All is well

I'm off to the office. Then I might go to a meeting tonight of Americans living in Toronto who are concerned about what is being said (lies and misstatements) about the Canadian health plan in the U.S.

Rhonda
Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Maryann. I promise you I won't disappear. I need y'all.

Rhonda, on getting all finished by the 12th.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks! Today was the first full day of school with students. Our calendar has changed. We will get a week for fall break, two weeks for Christmas break, two weeks for spring break, and eight weeks for summer. I think I'm going to like that fall break, but I don't see the need for extending spring break. Oh well, majority rules. Classes went well today, but the students are usually on their best behavior for the first few days. Next will tell the tale! The good thing is that I seldom have behavior problems in my room, even from the notorious ones. Eating was going well until DH handed me a cooler when I got home, oops! I guess I can count it toward wpa's

Paula-the blueberry picking sounds awesome! I remember that you did that last year, too. They are so good for you, so eating a pound of them was okay

Rhonda-I'm glad I'm not putting my house on the market. The remodeling has really screeched to a halt around here. I think we lost momentum when DH went to the hospital. Hopefully we will be back at it soon. I'm glad you have someone to help you with packing stuff. My DS has been a big help to us.

Sandra-I'm glad you are looking forward to subbing. There always is an excitement around the first days of school. What do huckleberries taste like?

Maryann-have you gotten any news from the PET scan? I hope Leo is okay!

Vickie-How was the treadmill workout? I have traded mine for a bowflex. DH and DS have wanted one for a long time and walking on the treadmill was aggravating my hip arthritis, so we traded it.

Hey Coco-hope you are doin' okay!

GTG get some lessons done for tomorrow. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #29  

Hi All:

It's quiet here today. I'm at the office, but headed back home to do more work.

At the park this morning during the personal training session someone stole my cell phone and house key right out of my fanny pack with the water bottle attachment. We were no more than 30 yards away from it! I went to get a drink and noticed that it had been moved, then discovered the theft.

There is likely no danger about the key but we're changing the key tumblers anyway. I got in touch with the cellphone people and have that all taken care of. But, I'm amazed...I've never had anything just swiped like that, and almost from right under my nose! Some people are desperate.

My eating is going well. We didn't have oatmeal at all this past winter but we had some for breakfast today....yummy I've been really analyzing my diet by the Canadian Food Guide and I need more protein, I'm sure. I suppose I should really get more too since I'm exercising. It's too bad that I HATE soy since it's good for you. I can drink the "milk" if it's chocolate, but that's it for me and soy.

Sloanie, I like the sound of those breaks...don't complain about an extra week off, ever!!!!

What's everybody up to today??

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #30  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Its a bad day at good rock!!! Leo was diagnosed with cancer again,but the good news we caught it in time and its a big as a finger tip.He going to be treated once every 3 weeks for 3 months,and according to the doctor that should do it. Need prayers again. I was a nervous wreck after hearing the news,I was so sure that the coughing was due to his sinus problem.

He's going to our reg doctor for that this afternoon.

SANDRA-Glad to hear you won't be doing that. We all must stick together even thought we do different WOE.

SLOANIE-Oh no!! He's not ok, the cancer came back,see over post. Thanks for asking. Glad you had a good first day at school,and that the students behaved.

RHONDA-Oh my Goodness that's terrible to have your cell phone & house key stolen from your fanny pack. Did you see any one hanging around that looked suspicious ????? Glad you were able to stop the serve on your cell but now you have to change your door lock.