Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #16  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

This morning I had my MRI and did it hurt. The tech put up my foot into a holding sleeve of the MRI and flexed it so that the pain went up to my spine. When I had my first picture done I told her to loosen the foot.Than all went well,the doctor will have the results in 3-4 days.

We are still waiting for the chemo doctor[whose off today] to make up hes mind whether Leo will work with the intervenes team to insert a needle into his arm and than bought out to the petscan clinic. As I wrote previously that they can find a vain that will draw blood. Until than we have to cancel the doctor appointment until than.

VICKIE-BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 2.4 LOSS You're doing so well,I'm sending you a bravo sign Keep up the good work.

SANDRA-I felt so sorry for him also,I wouldn't let them take that many,but I'm and a fraidycat.

RHONDA-Glad you like your potty class.

COCO-Sorry about your 3 lb gain. That's a possibility,my old WW leader use to say you flush water with water.Here's to a better week,thanks The follow up doctors appointment is May 14th.Hope he can give me something to relief the pain before than.

PAULA-Its too COLD for the beach.The winds are still blowing in that area. Leo & I can't work ,but we could sit on the benches and breath in the clean air. Thanks for the idea, maybe tomorrow morning.

Have a great afternoon & evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #17  

Hi Everyone
Had a very little rain shower a few minutes ago. Just enough to dampen the sidewalk. But suppose to get some more through the night. And the temps is suppose to drop. But I will enjoy that. I dont like this 85-90 degree weather. 65-70 is my kind of weather.

BEACHBUM So sorry they hurt you today. Sure hope they find out what is going on. And they can give you something for the pain. Your poor hubby. Sure hope they can get a vein. I know what you are going through just watching your hubby. All you can do. Is be there. And hold his hand. I know I did/do that for mine.

Well I am going to get off here for now. Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Have a good evening.
Be back sometime tomorrow. Hubby has a dentist appt in the morning.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Ouch, Maryann. That must have been rough.

I have been out walking and my shins are just killing me...ooohhh, ooohhh, ooohhh...and, to really show that I've lost my mind, I've signed up for spinning classes. My motivation? A friend of mine lost about 20 pounds in a month by spinning and watching her calories. I'm not sure that I can keep it up, with the powerwalking, but I am now trying to see myself as "in training." For what? Who knows?

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Ouch, Maryann! I'm sorry you had to suffer. And Leo? Bless his heart.

Rhonda, I bought some MBT anti shoes today. I love them. Curtis' head is reeling cuz I've spent so much $$$ on shoes lately, but he's happy I've found some that are helping my aching tootsies.

My eating wasn't good today. Tomorrow I start anew. So what else is new?

Did I tell ya'll I set 9 World FITA Records at the University of Texas? I received certificates from the Olympic Training Center today. I'm all smiles.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #20  

Noooo, Sandra, you didn't tell us! You ARE the

Just proud to know you, and I'm envious of all your shoes (would love an update on the MBT ones as you wear them).

Rhonda
Old 04-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new at my neck of the woods,going to stay home and rest.The only think I will have to out to our local bakery and pick up some home made rye bread that they bake with WW brown flour. Don't like the package brands that the supermarket sells.

COCO-Our temps are varying also we had a high of 70's yesterday and now its back to the 50's today. I'm going to see if I can bring some of my bulky sweaters down stairs to make more room in the closets.Thanks,Now to the next step,my doc should have the information by the end of the week of by Monday. Don't know what they are going to do for my DH petscan the doctors are working on that.

RHONDA-I think they realized after I was complaining that the foot was too flexed,and once they relaxed it the pain was gone. I guess once I start walking again I will have to take it easy and not do my 3 miles like I did before the bad ankle. Be care that you don't hurt yourself when power walking that far.

SANDRA-Thanks hope we will survive our little ordeal,just have to take it one day at a time.

Have agreat morning
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #22  

Hi Everyone
Well it is a cool 60 degrees today. With some sprinkles.
But I like it. I didnt like that real hot stuff.
Hubby went to the dentist this morning. They wanted to pull a tooth. But he told them not too. If it would be alright. They said as long as it wasnt bothering him. But then the filled one. Hubby didnt want them to pull the tooth. Because on Friday he is going to the eye Dr. And he didnt know how he would feel. They are going to check on his cataract. So told the girls at the dentist when we foun out what they were going to do. We would schedule a appt. They said ok.

BEACHBUM Hope you are having a good day. and that the leg is feeling better.

ONTARGET CONGRATS on setting the record. That is awesome.

TEJAS Hope your shins are feeling better.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH did it cool down for you yet. Hope so. Glad you are getting your patio stuff out. Wish I had a nice porch or patio to put stuff on. Have just a very little porch. About one chair will fit on it. Maybe one of these days we will get a new one built.

VICKIE how are you. Hows the puppy. Hope both of you are doing ok. Thinking of both of you.

Well I better get off here and get busy. Need to wash a couple loads of clothes.
Be back later.
coco
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #23  

Spinning class? 245 calories gone in a 45 minute session.

I loved it. We'll see how I feel in about 24 hours. My friend who encouraged me to go now has us going again for a 6:30AM class on Friday morning. I used my heart rate monitor to keep myself to a high of 136 beats, but most of the time I was about 120 or so. This is not the highest exertion at all, but it is a rate I could sustain and not tire too quickly.

I hope I can keep this up; it was fun.

Rhonda
Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

We are really having a lot of excitement down here. Swine flu is all over the news. Numerous schools are shutting down for the next week including all of Ft. Worth campuses and over 80,000 students.

Rhonda, I didn't wear the MBT's till later today because mine are tennis shoes and I needed to wear dressier shoes for where I've been most of the day. I am loving them, though. If I could afford them, I would get some dressy ones and some sandals. (I just bought SAS sandals.)

Thank you for the kudos. I'm still smiling ear to ear. The Dallas Area Senior Olympics are Saturday unless they get cancelled because of the flu.

Phone just rang. I'll be back.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, my chef shoes were MBT. The Birkie store on Camp Bowie carries them. They were a little over $100 and look like simple black clogs, but they are slip proof, can be cleaned in the dishwasher, and the cork insert is replaceable. The technology is amazing though, because standing on your feet in a kitchen for a zillion hours is hard and this definitely helps!

I bought a pair of the Curves toning sandals, the ones like Fitflops. Did I already post that? It sounds familiar for some reason. Anyway I should get them in a few days. Everyone says that you can really feel it in your butt and legs after wearing them just for a little while.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #26  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe how cold it is outside.We dropped from at 54 degree at breakfast time to a 32 this morning. I glad I didn't bring my winter clothes downstairs for storage.

Hoping to hear from the doctor Fri.-Mon. about my ankle.Its really bothering me today,as we're expecting a big storm tonight into tomorrow.

COCO-Thanks,This is the longest time I ever experience such a pain and nothing I take relieves it. Hope your DH had a good visit with the dentist.I hate going there as I'm such as baby when in that chair.

RHONDA-Never been to a spinning class,or heard too much about it.Is it a new type of exercising that they do in the gyms???? I heard of the bikes,elliptic and treadmills being there but never a spinner machine.

SANDRA-We haven't had any Swine Flu patients yet here in Mass. The ones that they thought they had in LOWELL,was a mistake. Leo & I always wash our hands and when we come out of a supermarket or Walmart we use sanitary hand wash before we drive home and than to the bathroom sink to wash our hands again.Have to be every careful especially He with his poor lungs and Me not being the carrier or the disease.

Have a great morning,will come back later
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #27  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I've been OP since Saturday, tracking everything and doing well. The scale is down about 3pds so far, I'm going to track my Saturday am as my official day. I'm happy -- I think the 5 pds I've gained since Easter is coming off quickly, which is a good thing. Then I'm back to dealing with the same old 10 pds I think I've been battling for years. OH well, at least I'm working at it rather than just letting the scale climb. I did try on white jeans on Tuesday. The 12s did fit and were OK, but they just didn't look good in the tummy area. I think If I can get 5-8pds off, I'm going back and trying them again. Funny, I tried 3 different brands and they all just did not look good. Maybe in a couple of weeks......

Coco, it has cooled off, a bit too much. This morning it was only 36 --- a huge drop from the 90+ on Tuesday. Oh well, thats New England. As the old saying goes -- If you don't like the weather, wait a minute....

Maryann, I didn't read that the Lowell boys did not have swine flu - I need to go look for that. When do you hear from your Dr on the MRI? I hope you get some answers.

I just don't understand what the big to-do is about this strain of flu. Granted there is such a big outbreak in Mexico. But in the US this year, over 10million people had the flu and over 30,000 died from it.

Rhonda, good for you on the spinning classes. Thats a great workout!

Well, got to get some stuff done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #28  

Hi:

I've lost 2 pounds, finally.

Maryann, spinning is an exercise on a stationary bike. The classes are given in groups, with a leader. The leader takes you through a virtual route, calling out things like "hills ahead, adjust the tension and go all out" or "recover" (my favorite), or "straightaway ahead with strong head wind, adjust your tension, and fight the wind..." So, you pretend that you are on a bike cruise and work like heck. It was really fun, but rigorous.

Paula, you are so right about the 'flu. But, the difference is how quickly it spreads, that it attacks younger adults instead of us old folks, and that it goes international in a hurry. There are 7 cases in Toronto and nothing is closed. Toronto suffered with SARS, you might remember, but there's no panic yet.

Off to work....BBL

Rhonda
Old 04-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #29  

Hi Everyone
So sorry I didnt get back on here last night.
Son was in a fender bender. So had to deal with that.
Some young guy hit him from behind. Didnt do much damage to his truck. Messed up the bumper. But the car well that is a different story.
But it also pushed son into the truck in front of him. But not much damage on that bumper. Just a little dent.
Son was a complete stop when this happened.
Says his neck is a little stiff. Trying to talk him in to going and getting checked out. But he dont want to miss work. So will see what happens.

TEJAS Congrats on the loss. Glad you are enjoying the spinning class.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Congrats on the loss. So far the scales havent moved for me. So hopefully by Monday they will be down.

BEACHBUM hope the ankle is feeling better. Hope the DR calls soon.

ONTARGET Hope you are having a great day.

KATPO Glad you like your new shoes. I have such a hard time finding shoes to fit. i have a wide foot. I found a pair of NB walking shoes. They are pretty comfortable. But I cant always wear them everywhere. Wish they made a dress shoe in NB. Have a great day.

TECHALUM hope you are doing ok.

VICKIE how are you doing. Thinking of you.
Well I better get off here. Son is suppose to call me back in a little bit.
Got some info he needs.
So hopefully I will be back later.
coco
Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #30  

Just a quick stop by.
Did take son to Dr. Has some whiplash. So they gave him some meds. And some stretches to do. And to put some moist heat on his neck.
Dont know when I will be on here tomorrow.
Hubby has a eye appt. in the morning. Then afterwards have some errands to run.
So hope everyone has had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco