Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

I have absolutely no time anymore, so I'll just say if you don't see me in the next few days, don't worry. I have to spend pretty much every waking hour at work to get it all done or I won't have a Christmas vacation. Dammit.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Bye, Kathy!!!

Oh, yes, frozen cookies, junk cookies, soggy cookies, stale cookies, any cookies. I can be very bad. But, I am trying to reform.

I did not too badly today. I talked to a friend of mine who is an addict and as he talked about his cravings, I began to feel more and more empathy for people who are in those situations. We crave the food and they crave other, normally more destructive things but it is about craving...and learning the basis of that deep desire.

It just has to be replaced by an even deeper desire to be healthy. The best thing that I can do now at almost 8PM is get out of my work clothes, take a long, hot shower and rest. What a long day I had.

Rhonda
Old 12-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Whatever you have to do to get a vacation, Kathy! Poor thing.

Rhonda, enjoy your evening. It sounds like you really deserve it. I'm going to go lay on the couch for a while and then go shower for bed. Tomorrow is another busy, busy day.

Last edited by Vickie; 12-21-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:34 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

i typed a long post earlier but lost it somewhere in cyber space. i'm baking. i didn't go to w a today. i went shopping and am doing some baking. i decided the world didn't need to do without because of me. i'm going to bake some more core fall muffins in a minute. i may also make some killer brownies.

i'm doing all right. i did taste a bit of pecan pie bar but spit it out after i got a taste of it. i remembered one time a ww leader said something about after the taste there's nothing left to do but swallow. i can do without swallows.

angela, earlier i congratulated you on chunking the cookies. that took willpower for sure.

kathy, don't work too hard.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

frouf, you do have a lot going on. that is so cute about little ds making his presentation. i think that's wonderful. can i have a chocolate coin? and your cruise? i hope ray can get your bookings linked. what perks will you get?

vickie, you're a busy busy baker. you inspired me to get with it. you're right. boring winter will soon be here. oh, well. spring's on its way as they say.

rhonda, sounds like you had a full day. enjoy your evening.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #36  

Morning all:

I slept from 9PM to 6AM with getting up only for necessities.

OK, NEW day, NEW resolve. I'm at one bite at a time; forget the whole day. Sandra, I loved spitting out the pecan pie bar. I need to do more of that.

I think it's going to get easier because beginning at noon, I'll be home more and have more control over what is in front of me. I'm really struggling with all the temptations in the environment right now.

Rhonda
Old 12-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I need a lot of energy for today. I hope I find it. I'll be baking and cleaning the downstairs. I'm not looking forward to it. I'd just like to relax. Guess I need to buck up!

Sandra, you are TOO cute. I need to do more spitting.

Rhonda, I'm glad being home will be easier for you. It hasn't been for me with all this homebaked pastry around.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #38  
focused and aiming

i was starting to have trouble, too, (and i may have more trouble ahead) so i made some 1 pt brownies and the core fall muffins. i made the muffins 2 ways: one with grated pears and the other with mashed ripe bananas. the one with bananas--i added a little more cream of wheat and some butter buds and baked it as a loaf. i really like it better than the pear muffins. i'm going to call in a bit to see if my doctor/nurse are in today. if they are, we're taking them a plate of brownies/banana bread.

i got up about 2 hours ago and did a bit more in the kitchen. curtis just got up. he smelled the muffins baking. i am now thinking of making mexican cornbread. that's always good to have on hand for quick meals. i ate the last of the core taco soup last night. i still have some frozen polenta cakes, so i need to make some core soup today, too. (curtis/others will get the mexican cornbread.)

rhonda, i'm glad you'll be able to be home more after noon today. i remember well how much harder it is to be iop when around a lot of festive activities. we used to have a big breakfast cooked by the men teachers/coaches when i was teaching at high school. it was a fun tradition and was full of good food.

vickie, you always amaze me with your energy. i probably won't do much housecleaning since we'll be going to get togethers and not hosting any. however, last night we were surprised by a couple who stopped by for a visit. the house was a mess. she and i stayed in the kitchen because i had foods cooking. the men were downstairs playing with bows and arrows. laundry to be folded was on my recliner down there. oh, well. i guess he'd seen underwear before. they stayed almost 3 hours. we had a good visit.

the problem with the spitting is--it can't be done at get togethers. it's an "alone" thing.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #39  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

WEll I am NOT doing well - on a sugar high right now! Came in to find my chair STACKED w/xmas gifts - and SOMEONE STOLE MY TRADITION!

I love giving gifts to my team mates (12 of us) but don't want anyone to feel obligated to get me a gift so for the past 3 years I go to Starbucks and get 15 gifts cards to distribute ($7 each) - and on each card I write to :X from Santa! Then I sneak them around on people's desks, chairs, keyboards and watch the fun (okay most of them come to thank me anyways...sigh).

So this morning I stop off at Starbucks on my way in (yes I know I should have done this last night - too lazy) and get the 15 cards (yes it took forever!). Come in this morning to distribute - and don't I ALREADY find a 'similar' gift card ($5 starbucks) already on my seat from SANTA! How's that for stealing my idea? So now everyone is even more confused cuz they each have 2 gift cards!

Have a pretty wrapped box (from my boss I think?) and my cruise buddy Andrea left me a tin of BAKING - so of course things were already crazy busy here this morning and I had not eaten breakfast so at 11 am I had to open the tin and partake - very delish - but fattening and bad for fat froufies!

Now it's lunchtime so I shall go reheat my salmon/veggies/couscous and forget about that tin!

Sandra - good for you for preparing some core friendly baked goodies - I'm sure that will help you stay on track!

As for the cruising perks! - if I can be linked to his platinum card - we get VIP embarkation and disembarkation (this is very vey good - out of the main line into a special faster line to get on and off the ship!), I think he will get a plate of canapes in his room one night, he gets free laundry (okay so should I throw a few things in with his? wink wink), priority reservations in the supper club (yes we are planning to go to Harry's for a fabulous 2 hour meal!), and priority tendering (altho we should be docking not tendering in all of our ports). There is also a special lineup and concierge for platinum cruisers at the purser's desk so they don't have to stand in line with us 'regular folk'.

Dh still not feeling well and very behind on the wrapping (okay he managed to wrap one 2 x 2 inch box with some earrings in it - not that helpful! ). DD is dancing tonight for 2 hours - dare I go to the nearby mall? I know it will be super busy but maybe I can get a few more things? I would much rather go to a movie when she's dancing, relax and munch some popcorn!

Tomorrow morning we have a breakfast pot luck at work (I am bringing bagels) and then another 'party' hosted by the Director and somehow I don't think much will get done? Sometimes we are let out early but seeing at it's the 22nd and NOT xmas eve or anything it really is a full working day.

Vickie - how's the house cleaning going?

Kathy - have fun and look forward to hearing all about it later!

Frouf
Old 12-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

frouf, i'd be upset, too, at somebody's stealing my tradition. but i would also take it as a compliment. good ideas get stolen. folks don't steal the bad ones--well intentionally anyway.

i'm worried now that i will eat too many pts with my ww stuff. guess i need to get over it and relax.

i hope you do get out early tomorrow. i'm guessing the higher ups would really like that, too.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just got home from wonderful Core dinner out. It made getting showered and dressed with full makeup worth it! I delivered our homemade tin of cookies/fudge to Cassie's Vet and our favorite waitress and got our banking done. Now I'm going to finish the last of the cookies. Tomorrow I make lemon squares and then I'm finished with the baking. All the cooking that will be left is on Sunday afternoon when I make my Mom's famous cream cheese jello mold and a large pan of homemade macaroni and cheese. All I'll have to do on the day after Christmas is warm the spiral ham and the other sides.

I've still got some cleaning to do but I'm making progress. After the cookies tonight I'm going to rest on the couch. I feel exhausted like I'm pusing myself too much. Poor Kathy...she must really feel exhausted.

Sandra, be as good as you can. That's all I'm doing. At least I'm being better than I ever was before. Jim and I are sharing cookies instead of each eating 5. I'm already getting bored with them which is a good thing.

Frouf, all I can say on your behalf is HARUMPF!!!!! How dare they steal your tradition. Poachers! So when will you guys do your wrapping? I'd be panic stricken if I wasn't done already. I'm looking forward to some relaxation time.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #42  

Hi All:

Vickie: Wrapping? We have nothing to wrap! We've decided that since we had the wedding, the cruise, etc. we will be very modest this year. Saves on the cost of wrapping paper! DH wants those Bose noise-cancelling headphones but we've agreed that they are too pricey for now, especially.

I have some good news: I am a Great-Great Aunt for the second time. One of the sons of one of my nieces had a baby girl yesterday. All is well with Mommy and Baby and the others survived also!

It's exciting of course. And, so nice to have a birth in the family so quickly following my sister's death. I keep trying to send my sister an email or phone her. Boy, it's tough at times.

Frouf, I guess your co-workers have delivered a challenge to you to think of a different gift next year...but, you can't have too many gift certificates for coffee! Keep us posted about the cruise...we're all living vicariously!

It was so nice to leave work at noon today. I came home, planned a few meals, went to the grocery store and spent hours reading the WW cookbooks I have. If I can't eat more at least I can read more

Tomorrow morning is back at Pilates. I tried to go last week but was still too sick when the day actually came. I bet I'll hardly be able to move but at least I'll be there!

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 12-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

vickie, you and jim did a great job spreading the holiday spirit. and sharing cookies? fantastic! i am empowered by reading that. i'm doing all right. i have been counting pts. today's my last day of the week and i have over half my wpa's left. i'm proud of that.

rhonda, i know what you're going through. i have been thinking of my mother-in-law, too, wanting to contact her to share news with her. how wonderful that you have a new family member. what did they name her?

i am wrapping gifts now. i'm not listening to christmas music. i'm watching rachel ray. i got a good idea from one of the commercials but i didn't catch it all. that's why i got on the puter now. i'm going to see if i can find it.

i go to wi in the am. : i'm actually excited. afterwards, i'm getting my hair cut. we go to a get together tomorrow night. it's going to be a fun day.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

I'm here and have been a time or two during the day but no time to stay and post.

Now I'm ready to go to bed. It seems like you all have a handle on your lives, eating, Christmas ... way to go! We've got relatives stranded in Colorado Springs and not sure they're going to be able to get here. Others from Montana are leaving at 4 a.m. tomorrow, going to Mancos CO to visit my BIL's parents, and then will come on here.

I'll work all day tomorrow and then try to get the weekend off. BBL...
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #45  
focused and aiming

kathy, i hope your relatives don't have any problems with their traveling. wyoming scares me more than any other state this time of year. those winds are horrendous.
Closed Thread