Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:14 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default New Age Candy Apple

Ok Guys, here's a recipe to appeal to the sweet (I mean REALLY sweet) tooths that many of you have. My Niece found this and made it for me. I thought it would be gross but it was delicious. Here's a great way to get a fruit in and satisfy your craving for junk!

1 Medium Granny Smith Apple, peeled and cored
1/4 teaspoon SF Cherry Flavored Jello
2 Tablespoons Diet Cherry Soda
2 Tablespoons FF Cool Whip

Slice apple crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; Place a layer of apples in a small microwavable bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Stack another layer if necessary, but make sure you get Jello over the top of each layer. I actually think we used more than 1/4 teaspoon of Jello. Niece is not big on precise measuring but 1/4 teaspoon is what the recipe said. Pour cola over slices.

Cover loosely with waxed paper. Microwave at high power for 2 minutes or until liquid is boiling. Allow to stand, covered for 5 minutes.

This recipe works great with any crisp apple. A Jonathan apple will give a tart flavor, a Corland apple will give a sweet, tart flavor and a Red Delicious apple will give a sweet flavor. Choose your favorite apple and enjoy.

This recipe was tested in an 1100 watt microwave oven
Closed Thread