Remember Remember, it's actually NOVEMBER chat...

You're on Page 25 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: HM that oil painting comment made me laugh, I may be tempted to write her off as a friend, she sounds very nasty.
    I have been warned by my mum and sister if I EVER say i'm going to see her again they will do me damage lol... nice of them.
    I will stew on it a bit and then decide if i'm gonna have a few choice words in an email or something.
  • HM - that girl is seriously not a friend in the true sense of the word, she's a nasty, spiteful . Friends don't treat each other like that, to continually put you down isn't acceptable and she knew what she was doing. You've done amazingly well on your diet, you've lost so much and you know that you can do it, so don't let her ruin it for you by making you feel bad - believe me it's not you who should feel bad, it's her.

Give yourself a big , then look at the label on your size 24's and smile. Today's another day, don't let her ruin it for you xx

RSG - love the thought of you all playing the monopoly, I can imagine what the kids were like, I can see mine being the same if we had the American version.
  • HM - she's not a friend - friends don't do that kind of thing to each other - she's just someone you know.

Don't let such an unpleasant idiot affect the rest of your life - cos that is what will happen if you let yourself comfort eat because of her stupid remarks.

HM..... are you on SW? I just read your comment on the Challenge thread and you sound so depressed! IF you are on SW then I think its having the same effect on you as it did on me. I loved it at first - LOADS of food to eat and I lost weight for the first month - then I regularly started putting it back on. I could tell by the class leader's face that she thought I was lying when I said I'd stuck to the diet religiously - BUT I HAD - why cheat then lie about it - the only person I'd be harming is myself! The class leader faffed around for a few weeks - telling me to eat more of this and less of that and at the end of it said I should try counting the calories of everything I ate for a week - which kinda defeated the object of the whole SW plan. Anyway - I did what she said and it turned out that it was the 'free' foods that were causing my problem. They might be 'free' on the SW program but they have STILL got calories and I was eating enough of it that I was not in a calorie deficit.

Perhaps keeping a normal food diary and adding up your calories might help you for a week or so.
  • Could anyone give me the recipe for the Thanksgiving green bean casserole????? Pretty pleeeeeeeasssseeeeeeee

Katie:

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to YOU
    Happy Birthday Dear Katie...
    Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUU

Ooohhhhh I'd love to do 38 again it was one of my most fun years - have a great time!!!!!!
  • HM your "friend" needs a good slapping!!! Wanna hand? Can I come and beat her up? Can I? Can I??? Poor you, I'd just not speak to her ever ever again!

Happy Birthday Katie

Hello everyone else!

I got well beaten up last night pain in the ribs... Ack! I managed to get through the night without rupturing a lung, so I don't think they're broken! Then I got to teach the ladies class since Lee had Man Flu!

I'm half following Paul McKenna's book, however my calories for yesterday were up to 2000!!!! Which may or may not be ok, since I did do some weights, and double kickboxing, but we'll see! Oh and the scales are down 1.5lbs this morning and look a bit more friendly!
  • help please im stuck!! i need to lose 20lbs but the scales wont budge .ihave loads of loose skin(awaiting plastics) could this be the extra weight that i cant shift? sorry sounds dumb i know
    but why cant i get below 12 stone?
  • HM, with friends like that, who needs enemies? I can't believe someone would treat a friend that way! She must have a whole lot of issues and she's taking them out on you.

If I was you I would use her as your motivation, it would be really the icing on the cake (excuse the food related metaphor) to show her how well you've done when you've lost your weight.

It does sound like SW isn't really working for you though, maybe you need to try something else to make your body react, or like Sarah said, count the calories for a week as a trial. Once you've got a plan that's working for you, your motivation will come back fullforce and it won't be so much of a struggle. Don't lose heart! It's gonna happen for you!
  • Quote: help please im stuck!! i need to lose 20lbs but the scales wont budge .ihave loads of loose skin(awaiting plastics) could this be the extra weight that i cant shift? sorry sounds dumb i know
    but why cant i get below 12 stone?
    Crikey - with the amount of weight you've lost you should be the one giving the advice here!!!! Your stats are totally amazing!!! BIG on having done so well.

If you are doing what you've already been doing to lose all that weight then it probably is the extra skin. Just a thought, though, have you checked to see what your calorie requirements are at your new weight - you might now need less calories than you are eating. The other thing is 'portion drift' (I do this!) I get a bit blase and start guestimating portions instead of weighing them - it helps to go back to basics and start weighing food / counting calories / keeping a diet diary all over again.

I can't begin to tell you how odd it feels offering advice to such a successful dieter!
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone I'm having a gorgeous day. Hubby is just trying to close the suitcase and we're off in about 15 mins so I'll see you all when I get back on Monday - I'll be that bit heavier I'm sure but I'll soon get back to grips on my return

All have a good weekend
  • Happy birthday Katie, have a good trip wherever you are going.

Scale almost landed in the alley behind my house today. I swore I wouldn't get on for a few days but I can't do it....ok I'm up 5 lbs!!!!! From 2 days ago.

I know most of it is water and the salty crap I ate yesterday but good God, anyway, I know it will come off but I feel like a whale.

Today I'm off for a long walk, need to buy a birthday gift when the stores open, then home or lunch, then a run. I have a 40th birthday party tonight but I'm not drinking since I'll be driving, the rest of the weekend I need to drink tons of water and see what I can do about this gain. I'm dying to get back to the 150's and now they are 5 lbs away
  • Katie - have a lovely trip and enjoy yourself.

RSG - oh dear! Don't throw the scales. Like you said, its going to be fluid retention after the salty stuff and in a day or two it'll magically disappear. Enjoy your run!
  • Well I weighed myself today and I've not lost anything this week. It's been a weird week with food though, my boyfriend's dad was over from Northern Ireland so there were meals out etc. Plus my mum gave us both chocolate advent calendars (she thinks I'm still 10 years old) and I'm not the kind of person that can have a single chocolate a day so last night I ate a whole calendar despite it not being December and it having the most repulsive chocolate ever. I definately have a problem. Did some of my Charlie Brooks DVD this morning to atone for past sins, sweated like a mean thing even though I only managed about 10 mins of exercise with joints cracking ominously every time I moved. Hope it shows on the scales next time I weigh in, got to get this Xmas Challenge under way.
  • Hommersmummy

I was exactly the same as you, all through school with one particular "friend".
    I was so used to putting up with all the negative comments, I took it as how things were supposed to be.
    We lost touch for a while, and I bumped into her one day in the street.
    She acted like we were bossom pals all that time.
    I think she honestly had no idea she made my life a misery for 5 years.

The only thing to do is to either confront your friend about it, or drop her altogether and find some nicer ones.

I went to SW last year. I was the same as Sarah. I think you can follow all the rules and put on weight by bending them with the free food. I did any way.
    I am going to Rosemary Conley now. It is much better because you know exactly what you can and can't eat, plus you get 3/4 hour exercise thrown in.

Carole
  • Homermummy - that is one toxic (non) friend! Ditch the b fast.

Just got back from Boots - double whammy - weighed myself - 14st 10lbs - (93.2kg OH MY GOD! I have never weighed so much!! Help!!!

Then an old lady waiting for her prescription said I looked like "That big comedian" "you know - Jo Brand"... Cheers Luv.

Cheered myself up by buying the Sugarbabes overloaded CD. Oh and a few choccies in Marks - Bad fat comedian lookalike Peacock!
  • Sarah I put the green bean casserole in the recipe thread.