Thursday Chatters for October

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Monday, Monday---
    Dee, will they be sending you to N. Korea to straighten things out! Maybe those officials just need to eat healthy---something besides rice and fish heads. Okay, that's my politics for the week.
    Jody, sixth grade is another fun time, isn't it!
    Susan, I may be dense, but, what's a horse "Kong"---don't know about that.
    Tammy, hope you don't overdo it at school today.
    Dee, glad you have a rest from school projects.
    Brandy, hope you keep having cool weather.
    Today it's no treadmilling because I've got to clean bathrooms. Yuck!

How was the eating over the weekend???? Let's all stay OP today....okay!!!
  • I will not go to Korea. **** no. You don't want to hear my take on this nuclear bs, Or how we have to clean up the world.
  • Sorry, but I am venting.

I want a piece of fitness equipment. I can't get to the gym consistantly. Told DH I want a treadmill. He told me no, I would just hang laundry on it. Then I said I want to put one in our room so that while he gets in the shower in the am, I can get on it before my shower. He told me that I don't keep our room clean.

1st of all, he doesn't do one dam thing in this house. 2nd, he bought an ab lounger that he tried out when he put it together, and he hasn't touched it since.

ugh!

ok, I 'm done.
  • Tina, school went well but I came home from school, talked to Bob for a while, and then took a 2 hour nap. I missed water aerobics. He said he didn't want to wake me since I was sleeping so soundly. I think I needed the nap.

Eating over the weekend was a bit much since Tim was home. Too much food!

Korea? I don't think I'll get started either.

Dee, tell hubby that you'll use his ab lounger as the clothes rack and you will use the treadmill!! It does get a bit nippy in Ohio. Of course when I went with the band to Florida in Feb. 2004, we froze! There were record LOW temps while we were there. Brrrr.
  • Hi,
    Hope everyone is doing good this evening. I've just settled down for the evening and I'm ready for bed!!!! I'll be going shortly.

Dee, You crack me up!! I think our husbands' might be related... Pat told me the same thing when I wanted treadmill. So I joined the gym. It has helped me with having a personal trainer. It doesn't hurt that he is adorable.

Tammy, I'm sure that Pat will be thrilled I'm retiring in Feb. with you. I'm so excited....wouldn't that be great if I could?

Tina, "Kong" the horse is in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the largest horse. He is 19 hands (6'5") and weighs 2300 pounds. He was huge.

Jody, my friend...6th grade is all about hormones.... poor kids don't know if they are coming or going. Hope your son is ok?

Well I'm off to watch a little tv and then to bed! Night
  • This is the first time I've been on here.... tonight 10/9 was WI for me and I had 3 lb. loss! Guess it was the 2-3 miles walks 4 times in the past week. Hope to get to know you all in time.

Carol
  • Carol,
    It's nice to have you here. Congratulations on that great loss this week.
    Keep it up!!!
  • Susan, we'll have a really big party when we retire, ok? Make sure Pat has nice gifts for both of us. I'll tell Bob that too. lol

Carol, welcome to the group!!! Great group of wild and crazy women here. I am probably the only quiet and sane one in the bunch. (If they say anything different about me, don't believe them!!!) Good for you on your loss!!! Keep it up!

Saw Tim for a while today. He is applying for a job on campus, and he needed his SS card and Passport! I threw in the birth certificate just in case. I mean, how many people have a Passport? I don't, and neither does Bob. Hope he gets a job though. A little bit of spending money would be nice for him. Then he could buy me gifts!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!
  • Welcome Carol! Im a newbie too! Everyone is really nice and I just love all the info this site has to offer. Congratulations on your loss!
  • Gooood Morning
    Hey, look at the neat Halloween smiles we have now.

How is everyone doing? It's so great to have new members with us.
    We have some that have been with us a long time that are not posting! We miss you, friends!!!
    The weather here feels more like Halloween time. It might even stay now. Maybe no more 90's, that would be something.

My challenge for the day------drink all my water, with only one Diet Coke.

• I love Halloween! (not getting older and not all the temptation of candy)

Hi Carol, welcome. (I am the quiet sane one, sshhh...don't tell Tammy)
  • DEE!!!! You are not the quiet sane one!!! That's me!! Let's be honest here!!! lol

Got a note from the principal today that he is planning to observe me next week. Wonder if he wants to observe one of the groups that I actually have in a classroom or one of the groups that I have to meet with in the hallway? I think the 2nd one will be what I tell him so he can see all of the distractions that the kids have. We are in the same building with the HS. They change classes while I'm meeting with these groups. That's really great for the kids to keep their attention. My classroom is used everyday for 2 1/2 hours for the preschool kids to take their naps.

Water aerobics was fun tonight. Next week is our last week for this session, then a week off, then start the new session. On our last night of class we will go to the bowling alley afterwards for pizza. We did that last year and it has become a tradition. Yummy!
  • Hi,

Welcome to the group Carol..... please don't listen to the Crazy People here.... I am the ONLY SANE ONE!!!! As you can tell, we have a great time together.

Dee, I was going to look at the new smileys but I think you used them all

Tammy, yeah... Bob and Pat need to get us nice retirement presents!!!! Tim can too since he will have a job. Let's have a big big party!!!! Who cares what the principal observes....so what let them fire ya I always laugh and say "if they want my job, let them have it"

Tina, I love Halloween.

Please say a prayer for my Daddy, he fell and hurt his legs. Then he has so much swelling and fluid retention (12 pounds worth) He has to lay flat with his feet up until Friday. He will go into the hospital on Fri or Sat if it doesn't go down.
  • Susan, I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope he gets better quickly.
    Tammy, that's kind of neat that Tim has a passport and y'all don't.
    And, it's so stupid that you have to hold class in the hallway. Grrr...
    Dee, I love candy corn. I can't buy any until Oct. 31. It wouldn't last.

Everyone go over to our weigh-in results thread. We have lots of new members that would appreciate all our encouragement.

• Carol, we really do have a good time together here. Hope we don't scare you off!!

The principal gave me a paper to fill out with my plans, etc. The thing is, he knows that I don't do my own plans. I do whatever the 5th grade teachers are working on at that time, except I work with the lower kids.

I'm going to start working with 3rd grade on math too. The kids don't know what they should know coming into 3rd grade. Remember when they switched all of the teachers around for last year? Well, they didn't put anyone at 2nd grade who had ever taught math before. Duh! I met with the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers last week (different days) and gave them pointers from my 19 years of teaching math at 2nd grade. I admit that I don't know everything, but I did know how to teach math.

I'm into bragging here. The 5th graders who had me last year in 4th grade are doing much better than the kids who were in the other 2 classes. I just hurt my arm from patting myself on the back too much!!! lol

It's cold and windy here. Raining off and on. Expecting snow on Friday. Yep. Glad there isn't a football game that I want to go to.